The First Comp Turbo CTRX Hubless

The anti surge etc covers mixed with autos and the fact most of us don't keep turbos long enough to make a difference = I stopped running them even on my Talon. The $400+ then possible leaks etc aren't worth it IMO in that context.

I use a smoke machine to check for exhaust / intake leaks periodically and the HKS blow off valve has been rock solid with zero leaks since 2009 when I got the car .

Ok 1st test ride on the dynomans 3 bolt triple bb 6971 ctrx/hubless turbo.
The holley log showed the turbo made 1 lb of boost at 2,052 rpm and required fuel usage correction due to seeing boost so early.
That's right off the throttle in any gear at any time with barely any throttle.
The sound of the turbo is very unique and I really enjoyed the drive.
I had the car a little above the speed limit 😁
Driving the car just cruising in od it's in boost going down the road
We will post up more info and perhaps a log like last time.

Driving the car just cruising in od it's in boost going down the road
Not saying that he would... But that's just like riding down the highway or interstate racing a Super charged Car isn't it? lol.. Or possibly NOS car on the hit. Instant Instant Instant!

Not saying that he would... But that's just like riding down the highway or interstate racing a Super charged Car isn't it? lol.. Or possibly NOS car on the hit. Instant Instant Instant!
in a way yes
Our motors do need the right rpm window to make power
A turbo like this means you cant miss it😉

Wow the 4th gear load on that big a turbo is seeing 1psi on part throttle, pretty sweet.

Now I'm curious what you might see at say 3800rpm trans/footbrake to launch. Sounds like a SC V8 killer turbo.

We should have more info by early next week . The initial outing was done on wastegate dome pressure only to see what fuel corrections were needed for the new turbo and was kept <4000 rpm with no launches . Now the boost control is being switched to have the Holley ECU control it instead of the TurboSmart . Also a RJC rear motor brace was installed to help with all of the torque and a heavy car (3800lbs) . Some launches and WOT hits are next !!

Me too but I gave up on it. It started to bend. I think it's a good idea that needs improvements.

I've heard about having to massage it to fit ...not a problem . As far as bending it probably could be modded to give it more stiffness . It wouldn't be the first part I had to modify .

Me too but I gave up on it. It started to bend. I think it's a good idea that needs improvements.
Yeah, doesn't look like the strongest gizmo, but did you have poly/HR motor mounts? If so, did you have both or just the drivers side?

I've heard about having to massage it to fit ...not a problem . As far as bending it probably could be modded to give it more stiffness . It wouldn't be the first part I had to modify .
I had one of Jason's early ones...so maybe by now he's got it fixed. All I can say is it did a great job at controlling engine roll at launch.

I made a plate to bolt to the rear of the dr side head.
It included a loop for a cable to pass thru.
The cable was looped around the rear of the lower control arm mount and secured with cable clamps.
No vibration transmitted, no bending of parts, no breaking of the alum accessory drive.
But it was only restraining something in the 800-900 hp range...;)
Your results may vary.