The First Comp Turbo CTRX Hubless

We move air really fast create more boost and make alot more power where literally the boost line goes vertically ahead of engine rpm and I haven't seen a surge.
The darker blue vertical line is boost & peaked at 32psi . The red line is TPS . This was at a 30-40mph roll then going quickly to full throttle but the car went sideways at 63% throttle and I got out of it . At that point the motor made 920hp .

Attachments

• 44168.jpeg
    44168.jpeg
    462.1 KB · Views: 60
The darker blue vertical line is boost & peaked at 32psi . The red line is TPS . This was at a 30-40mph roll then going quickly to full throttle but the car went sideways at 63% throttle and I got out of it . At that point the motor made 920hp .
Beautiful 😎👊

Damn and you're a 109 stroker.

How's the low end stall, response etc vs the other BW turbo or any past turbos you've recently run on this combo?

Damn and you're a 109 stroker.

How's the low end stall, response etc vs the other BW turbo or any past turbos you've recently run on this combo?
The only other turbo I've had on this motor for a short time was a Turbonetics 6465 .63 AR . It spooled pretty fast but it had high back pressure and was out of breath . The graph is from the Comp CTR 6771 which spools instantly . As soon as the weather clears I'll get a chance to try out this Comp CTRX 6971 Hubless and I expect nothing less than the CTR . I will have the car at Bowling Green if anyone wants to stop buy and check it out .

I just got my compressor housing back from polishing and got it mounted on the car. Now off to change boost control from the Turbo Smart controller to having the Holley control boost. Adding a second solenoid and a CAN bus module for additional inputs and outputs. Screenshot_20240326-233634_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240326-233555_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240326-233616_Gallery.jpg

Out of curiosity I timed my HPT turbo after a long drive and it spun for 1:54.26. Didn't confirm it visually though, just a screwdriver on the compressor housing and the handle to my ear. Maybe my hearing not so good! LOL.
You inspired me to check.
Over 3 minutes on a ctr triple bb 91mm.

Any data on the Comp X wheels?
It's been silent in the rest of the turbo communities except those who run the Apex version and say you had to switch to keep up with those running them in turbo classes.

It's been silent in the rest of the turbo communities except those who run the Apex version and say you had to switch to keep up with those running them in turbo classes.
I think its being tested as we speak so data will be available shortly im presuming, weather is still shitty here in NY right now

I will post up specific info soon
From what I'm seeing now
The hubless is on it's own level.
the computer logs we will post up soon.
The comp ctr and ctrx are not for class racing they are purpose built for power without comprise.

I know the Buick community likes shy away from blow off valves, but because these turbos push so much air does anyone think it should be used

Cool, I'm sure you all have logs of the prior turbo so we'll see nice comparison in spool and flow.

Local Import guy now in the 7.7 range said the Apex hubless guys were winning so he switched and ran a personal best next event out. These are definitely for real and looking to see how greedy we can get in spool and torque for street mauling these SC V8s. Hahaha

I know the Buick community likes shy away from blow off valves, but because these turbos push so much air does anyone think it should be used
If you look at the compressor cover the pressure relief slots are there
There is no need for a blow off valve with the new covers😉
sam does has a blow off valve from the previous turbo setup.