The First Comp Turbo CTRX Hubless

Damn, that blade looks like metal and engineering art.

Just to make sure..
CTR4X 68/71 is on the website, this is rated at a max of 1250hp. Jesus that's more than the old 7675 at 1150hp.
Extended tip hubless its impressive for sure
And I want the turbos to be speced for a hp cushion like an injector
So they last
But if something does happen
Comp has a 2 year warranty 😉

Got mine too Sam with my CTR4 bullet hub...maybe ill frame it lol
20240229_230756.jpg

Really strange to look at with no hub, hows the finger spin test feel?
mines not hubless but i will get a better result with my Sonic ears tester..but the other day when i switched the car off from driving to town & back home.. i actually did a rough timing of car OFF to stop hearing spinning for 59 seconds.!!!

Yup backed it up today.. the Sonic tester didn't work as it's designed for leaks. So I did a car idle warm up, switch off test & hurried & took the intake tube off. It was Only 25 seconds before it stopped. The Oil didn't get Hot enough I guess... So I drove down the road about 4 miles & back home. Popped the hood had my wrenches ready. Switched the car Off looked at the compressor blades.. 1:03 secs. before a complete stop. Not saying that mean anything but just an observance. Pretty good I'd say. lol

Yup backed it up today.. the Sonic tester didn't work as it's designed for leaks. So I did a car idle warm up, switch off test & hurried & took the intake tube off. It was Only 25 seconds before it stopped. The Oil didn't get Hot enough I guess... So I drove down the road about 4 miles & back home. Popped the hood had my wrenches ready. Switched the car Off looked at the compressor blades.. 1:03 secs. before a complete stop. Not saying that mean anything but just an observance. Pretty good I'd say. lol
Yea when i ran a Pte 6265 dbb years back it did the same thing it would spin endlessly on shut down and you would really hear it with a 4" alum maf pipe echoing, dont know if it spun for a over a minute though lol

Yea when i ran a Pte 6265 dbb years back it did the same thing it would spin endlessly on shut down and you would really hear it with a 4" alum maf pipe echoing, dont know if it spun for a over a minute though lol
Exact same one I just took off. my brother wants to buy it.

Exact same one I just took off. my brother wants to buy it.
It was a good little street turbo, Pte is not my first choice but i had no complaints ,it made way past its rating of 685hp at the time

mines not hubless but i will get a better result with my Sonic ears tester..but the other day when i switched the car off from driving to town & back home.. i actually did a rough timing of car OFF to stop hearing spinning for 59 seconds.!!!
Out of curiosity I timed my HPT turbo after a long drive and it spun for 1:54.26. Didn't confirm it visually though, just a screwdriver on the compressor housing and the handle to my ear. Maybe my hearing not so good! LOL.

based on the combos i have seen
Sam's 69mm hubless turbo will probably spool /initially lite just off idle and have extremely low backpressure even in a 3 bolt,
With the ability to max out a 3 bolt ex housing (would need a 4 bolt to realize max flow)
His previous ctr triple bb 67mm spooled up in .3 and made 990hp
With a backpressure ratio of 1.8 on an .85 bolt buick housing and requiring very little tps to do so😎
That turbo wasnt done😉
This is what matters to me.
Initial spool and the ability to target specifically where I want the power
And how fast it hits max power.
All while having the least amount of backpressure which has major advantages (which is another topic)in longevity of the motor and turbo system and the way the car can be tuned.
Forget spending seconds to wait to spool on a transbrake.
Transbrake if one wishes
But these turbos will go right off the footbrake with very little tps and make boost even if going in and out of the throttle.
tuned a 73mm ctr triple bb that makes boost at 2900rpm on a stock stroke 109 and could be lit up faster if it was needed😉

based on the combos i have seen
Sam's 69mm hubless turbo will probably spool /initially lite just off idle and have extremely low backpressure even in a 3 bolt,
With the ability to max out a 3 bolt ex housing (would need a 4 bolt to realize max flow)
His previous ctr triple bb 67mm spooled up in .3 and made 990hp
With a backpressure ratio of 1.8 on an .85 bolt buick housing and requiring very little tps to do so😎
That turbo wasnt done😉
This is what matters to me.
Initial spool and the ability to target specifically where I want the power
And how fast it hits max power.
All while having the least amount of backpressure which has major advantages (which is another topic)in longevity of the motor and turbo system and the way the car can be tuned.
Forget spending seconds to wait to spool on a transbrake.
Transbrake if one wishes
But these turbos will go right off the footbrake with very little tps and make boost even if going in and out of the throttle.
tuned a 73mm ctr triple bb that makes boost at 2900rpm on a stock stroke 109 and could be lit up faster if it was needed😉
What converter is he running ? (i might have missed that somewhere) and will he have to adjust it for the hubless ?

What converter is he running ?
I'm running a custom diode converter that Dave Husek built for me . We're not anticipating having to restall it because he just restalled it for the 6771 Comp CTR . The hubless turbo flows more and should spool just as fast with out having to work as hard to make the same power . Plus , I just had to have it ...lol

I'm running a custom diode converter that Dave Husek built for me . We're not anticipating having to restall it because he just restalled it for the 6771 Comp CTR . The hubless turbo flows more and should spool just as fast with out having to work as hard to make the same power . Plus , I just had to have it ...lol
Ok cool thanks, i didnt mean to just ask Mr.Spool about your set up ,i apologize i worded it wrong. i knew you were running a 2004r from Dave but wasn't sure if you had Dave's or Dusty's converter ..;)
Im going to run the 6771 ctr back to back against the Borg Warner 6968 sxe and see the differences, without data logs though, but i will have real world street analytical data for those that care to listen lol

Ok cool thanks, i didnt mean to just ask Mr.Spool about your set up ,i apologize i worded it wrong
No problem , we talk all the time . It's usually who answers first . He's working and I'm retired so I usually see posts first . lol

Stupid question, could there be an issue with these turbo's making power with too little throttle and cause issues with the transmission because of lack of pressure from not enough TV extension?

Stupid question, could there be an issue with these turbo's making power with too little throttle and cause issues with the transmission because of lack of pressure from not enough TV extension?
That's not a stupid question at all
I have an idea why your asking me but I really dont want to open pandoras box with a host of variables on the different transmission and converter platforms guys want to use or how certain guys setup their tranny pressures.
I mean it's cool that we are seeing the day that boost response vs tv cable line pressure could potentially cause issues on a 200
But.....
The reality is as I have posted time again and time again i feel the 200 trans needs to be built to even run on a mild stockish combo and a good builder should be used when using a 200 trans.
If that tranny is what your referencing.
What I will say the good builds should have high line pressure in their builds anyways😉

How about surging? I know it can be an issue with stockish engines and TE44 sized turbos moving too much air at low rpms.

The turbos are high flowing and I haven't seen any surging
But then again I properly spec the turbos😉
I have overspeed several of them too and haven't seen a 44 stock motor type surge.i believe that was due to that turbo design with high backpressure and not moving air too fast for the motor.
We move air really fast create more boost and make alot more power where literally the boost line goes vertically ahead of engine rpm and I haven't seen a surge.

Good to hear! I hated the surge I had with the GT6131.