The Great Southwestern Dyno Shootout & Mutton Barbeque:

Jeremy: Sorry to hear what happened. When i heard what happened I went up to find you guys but I could not locate you. I will be posting #'s over the next few days. I wrote most down, but spaced a few. Hope that you are up and running shortly.

Thanks !

for the great day guys (and ladies)
I sent Gary some pics from today, not many , but some,so see what he makes available .............

Nice showing and some good runs. Since I was too much of a sissy to put my baby on that dyno, I'll let the others post up their respective numbers as they see fit.

Good time overall... :biggrin:

I wonder who the guy in red is ?

Attachments

• ttype copy.jpg
    ttype copy.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 201
Raymond Bunch 579 HP 526 TQ
Rick Percy Rick Percy 510 HP 532 TQ
Sytech Ray Fletcher 435 HP 430 TQ
1BADDAM Frank 409 HP 448 TQ
Underboost Brent 391 HP 375 TQ
Drewster Andrew 338 HP 375 TQ
Wells Gary Wells 299 HP 366 TQ
Egokilr Richard 292 HP 319 TQ
-------------------------------------------
I wish to thank everybody that showed up today. I had a great time. I especially wish to thank those that came from a long distance to make the event. Out of San Diego, turbo39151, (Louis & his wife), Egokilr, (Richard), Carrddine, (Tim & his wife), Frank for coming all the way from temecula, Lee, (Cruzn57) coming all the way from San Bernadino, Reggie West, Sr, for coming all of the way from Apple valley, & Jeff Rand coming from Wildomar.
For people that I forgot their #'s, post them up and I will enter them on this post. Marvin: you split before I had a chance to say good-bye & get your #'s.

Hey guys and girls,

Thanks for a great turn out.. Of course we would love to have had more of you up to test but hell thats why we have two kidneys. I can sell one to make this months rent....LOL :biggrin:

Just kidding.. We would like to thank all of you for being supportive and cool.. After doing a bunch of these you quickly learn which group is cool right from the get-go.

Thanks
The Dyno Guys....

good job

those numbers really look respective, Gary, i'll be running as soon as I'm ready to do head gaskets, not a big job, but i'm not in a rush right now. I'll keep you posted though. I really want to see the rest of them numbers from today, and one word of advice to all, make sure your vaccume line to the boost gauge dont pop off under 25 psi of boost :eek: or you too will be doing head gaskets :rolleyes:

hey Gary

I saw Raymond Bunch's print out,
the horse power was,.................
are you ready for this????????

579 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as you know the throttle had stuck open and they were shutting it down , the horsepower curve was headed right off the page, there was no leveling out, I feel with very little tuning he'll see over 600 rear wheel horse power.
all I can say is WOW, and he drove from Oceanside !!!
that is one nasty Buick,

Thanks to the crew at the dyno shop, very professional, very nice facility,
I'll be back , fer sure!

cruzn57

cruzn57 said:
I saw Raymond Bunch's print out,
the horse power was,.................
are you ready for this????????

579 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as you know the throttle had stuck open and they were shutting it down , the horsepower curve was headed right off the page, there was no leveling out, I feel with very little tuning he'll see over 600 rear wheel horse power.
all I can say is WOW, and he drove from Oceanside !!!
that is one nasty Buick,

Thanks to the crew at the dyno shop, very professional, very nice facility,
I'll be back , fer sure!

cruzn57

Not to mention he left rubber on our drum.....

Gary,
I would like to thank you for setting up this event. I know it took a lot of effort to plan and promote this dyno session and barbeque. Thanks also to the Dyno Store for the use of the facility. Maybe next time I can load the car on the trailer and have it dynoed (it has never been done). Again thank you.
Jeff

Thanks for the props, Jeff, but I had so much fun myself I feel guilty taking any credit. If everybody hadn't come, it wouldn't have happened. I will probably be occasionally dynoing my car as I make more changes to see if, how, why, & what modifications work & what doesn't. I wonder if we could get by with maybe a group dyno session about every 6 months or so. Maybe we can plan a sort of reunion for all of the turbo Buicks when Fontana opens. Last that I heard, it was expected to open about June-July. It's too bad that the Las Vegas West Coast Nationals has had such drastic changes over the last couple of years. This year it is a 1 day only, 9 A.M. to 5 P.M. event planned for a freaking Sunday. What a drag.
------------------------------------
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184036
-------------------------------------
15 – OctoberFast ’06 – brackets, Top Comp Association, Buick GNs, Corvettes – 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
------------------------------------

So, who made the most HP? Ray? If so, I like his combo ;)
When are the races..............

-scott wile

Chevota said:
So, who made the most HP? Ray? If so, I like his combo ;)
When are the races..............-scott wile
--------------------------------
Posted right up above your post, Scott. Just in case you missed it, here you go again.
------------------------------
15 – OctoberFast ’06 – brackets, Top Comp Association, Buick GNs, Corvettes – 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
------------------------------
Sorry to hear that your truck is down again. I am sure that it will be up and running before long, or maybe it is now, and I just heard belated news.