The Great Southwestern Dyno Shootout & Mutton Barbeque:

Attachments

• Picture-236144.jpg
    Picture-236144.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 213
I wish to thank Lee (Cruzn57) & Pete (Petesgn) for taking and posting the pics. Thanks guys.

nordy racer said:
Thats not bad numbers there Gary for a street car...
-----------------------------
Coming from you with a Billy Anderson prepped car on it's way, I take that as a real compliment, Mike. I am still running the factory air box with a K&N in it, and when that changes, it will do a little better. Being my first experience at a chassis dyno, my primary goal was to drive the car home, and not have to trailer/tow it to Lou's shop by accident.

dyno store

I heard the owner closed the dyno store down. He has a shop up the street, and I guess he got tired of going back and forth, so I heard.

TURBOELKY said:
I heard the owner closed the dyno store down. He has a shop up the street, and I guess he got tired of going back and forth, so I heard.
-------------------------------------
Jeremy:
They might have closed it down, but that would probably be Jeff Price of JPA (Jeff Price Automotive). I do not know if the others owned businesses or not. He had the shop up the street. Too bad if that's true. That place did have potential. I guess that they were serious about selling a kidney to make this months rent. Now we will have to find another user friendly dyno shop for next time. If you are making money, you don't get tired of going back and forth at all. Such a waste of business potential.

As a addendum to what I posted above, I just found out that I am probably incorrect on my guess or assumption as to who the business owner is or was. In 1 of his E-mails to me, David did tell me that he owns, or did own, 2 other businesses. oops, my bad.

Wells said:
Coming from you with a Billy Anderson prepped car on it's way, I take that as a real compliment, Mike. I am still running the factory air box with a K&N in it, and when that changes, it will do a little better. Being my first experience at a chassis dyno, my primary goal was to drive the car home, and not have to trailer/tow it to Lou's shop by accident.
Gary your car is way safe. I think you're a little gun shy after that over boost experience you once had. In appreciation for working so hard trying to keep this Buick thing going I will offer to build you one of my cold air kits. Just pay my cost for the parts. Anyway I'm tired of looking at that ugly stock air filter. Lou

turbolou said:
Gary your car is way safe. I think you're a little gun shy after that over boost experience you once had. In appreciation for working so hard trying to keep this Buick thing going I will offer to build you one of my cold air kits. Just pay my cost for the parts. Anyway I'm tired of looking at that ugly stock air filter. Lou
---------------------------------
Lou: I am sure that I don't deserve it, but that is such a generous & gracious offer, there's just now way that I would ever consider declining. You're on. And I probably am a little gun shy, but I would rather be safe than sorry. I do intend to stay on the other side of detonation showing up on the sm. Since I have gone to 100 octane, I haven't even seen the slightest hint of knock retard on the sm. I have to admit, that's a very comfty feeling. Thanks again, Lou. I will take you up on that offer.

Wells said:
Lou: I am sure that I don't deserve it, but that is such a generous & gracious offer, there's just now way that I would ever consider declining. You're on. And I probably am a little gun shy, but I would rather be safe than sorry. I do intend to stay on the other side of detonation showing up on the sm. Since I have gone to 100 octane, I haven't even seen the slightest hint of knock retard on the sm. I have to admit, that's a very comfty feeling. Thanks again, Lou. I will take you up on that offer.

That is a great deal.. trash that stock air box, you will feel a BIG difference :cool: ...

Wells said:
Sounds good, There's several different ways to fabricate it.That will be your choice & my penance for the no show at the Dyno event.The Buick business has been keeping me pretty busy & no time for myself. But I'm not complaining. Lou

turbolou said:
Sounds good, There's several different ways to fabricate it.That will be your choice & my penance for the no show at the Dyno event.The Buick business has been keeping me pretty busy & no time for myself. But I'm not complaining. Lou
Thanks, Lou, and fwiw, I do not hold it against anybody for not coming to or dynoing their car. I know that you were busy and some peeps had unplanned and/or unscheduled things pop up. I guess that the Dynostore is no more, and this does bother me as I don't like to see any business even faintly related to the turbo Buick scene fail. I must be getting old, as it pains me to think that someone or something that was there yesterday is no more. Sort of like Vegas West Coast nats being no more, although I think that it will be better with it moving to Phoenix. The turbo Buick scene is shrinking before our very eyes.

Hey guys,

Thanks Wells for the tears.. We too our very upset that we had to close. Everyone we spoke to prior, during, and now after thought the shop was a great idea.

However, thinking it is a great idea and actually coming in to use our shop are two different things. We wonder were all the guys who wanted to buy our shop went?

Between the rent increase and the slow down of business over the past 2 months it has killed us.

We apologize for closing down a resource that assisted are dedicated clients. We thank you guys for visiting our shop.

Hopefully, we can find a more cost friendly location and reopen again soon.

The DynoStore

David, Jeff, & DynoStore crew:
Hopefully this will come to pass and is just a temporary condition. I Know how hard it is to keep a biz in "biz" during lean times. Hopefully, you guys are not referring to the barbeque as "The Last Supper" yet. I know that I can speak for everybody that went to the Dyno & barbeque in saying that we really enjoyed our visit, and would like to know when The DynoStore is up and running again. Drop me an e-mail or post up on the Southwestern Section if there is anything that we can do to help. We hope to see you back in "biz" soon.

Turbo 39151 as always you are a** backwards wells has a white T and I once again have a grey T..I wont hold it against you though as you dont see me very often :( but I will be seeing you soon at the bates nut farm...and maybe you will remember me and my car...oh its been so long...ha,ha,

carrddine said:
Turbo 39151 as always you are a** backwards wells has a white T and I once again have a grey T..I wont hold it against you though as you dont see me very often :( but I will be seeing you soon at the bates nut farm...and maybe you will remember me and my car...oh its been so long...ha,ha,
------------------------
Tim: I never did get your HP & TQ #'s from the dyno shoot last week. Are you keeping those secret?
See you at Bates Nut Farm.