The State of Organized BUICK Racing on the West Coast

WCN In Phx all the way. I try and make it every year. Hell i have made it every year. We need to get more people to attend there. no reason to build something from the ground up when we have something already. people need to learn to drive. Utah, New mexico, Cally are all close IMOP
Let's talk about this. What sort of organized racing does the WCN promote? I remember there was some bracket the one time I went. Is there a link to a description of the event somewhere? Is it just an informal test and tune get together?
If it is just an informal TT get together, maybe we could start planning more interesting racing to hold at the WCN.
What are others opinions of the WCN event? Does it need more work?

Wcn

originally had brackets/ classes.
still might, but attendance has lessened, so what it needs is new influx of attention and excitement, more cars/people, more energy!

What I would like to do is start to put together a contact list of all the racers and spectators that would like to be contacted when a racing event is scheduled.
Name, car model, preferred contact method(s).

If you would prefer to only be contacted for certain events, such as the WCN, then state so. Otherwise, any racing event that I'm aware of will warrant a notice be sent out.

Any others that know of, or are organizing a racing event, you can contact me and I'll make sure a notice of the event is sent out to the list members. Let's also start a list of all the tracks that should be on the watch list for racing events that may be of interest to the memebers of the racer/spectator list. If anyone knows of a particular event at a particular track they think would be of interest to the members state what it is and it will be put on the watch list.

I think the most important thing to do first is to organize the potential racers and interested spectators first, and then worry about the events.

You guys out there that know of anyone that should be on the contact members list, tell them about this thread and make sure they shoot me some contact information.

You guys can start listing contact info here, PM, or email me. My email is available on this site. Phone me at the shop if that's easiest.

This might turn into a huge logistics task for me, but I'm willing to give it a try if there seems to be enough interest. Come on, guys. Let's try to stir up some BUICK racing on the west coast.

originally had brackets/ classes.
still might, but attendance has lessened, so what it needs is new influx of attention and excitement, more cars/people, more energy!
That was my impression also.

Let's hear some ideas.

With the contact information, it would be nice to have an approximate ET of your car and what style(s) drag racing you prefer or are willing to participate in.
Bracket
Index
Heads up class

Would your group be interested in making a road trip to have an event at Barona? Maybe when the heat is on in your area? The index classes you described sound good to me.
Regardless, you're all certainly welcome to come to whatever materializes from this.

For most club races at Speedworld only three of us show up, myself, Nick Micale and Dennis Krom. I don't want to speak for the other two, but all three of us have trailers and are capable of making the trip. There are a lot of Turbo Buicks in the Phoenix area, but there doesn't seem to be any real club organization.

It has a pretty good turn out, but the Pontiac guys only want to race each other and have their own bracket class. They don't seem to want anything to do with the Buicks.

It has a pretty good turn out, but the Pontiac guys only want to race each other and have their own bracket class. They don't seem to want anything to do with the Buicks.
That's too bad. I'm sure they could increase interest if they opened it up.
I wonder why they would bother calling it PBO event if they're going to make the Bs and Os sit at the back of the bus.

I don't think they like a bunch of Buick V-6 street cars beating up on their open header big block race cars.

That's too bad. I'm sure they could increase interest if they opened it up.
I wonder why they would bother calling it PBO event if they're going to make the Bs and Os sit at the back of the bus.

The Pancho guys will not make the Buick & oldsmobile guys sit at the back of the bus, they are going to throw you under the bus.

Well. That doesn't sound like much fun.
No, you're correct, it doesn't. Actually, most of the pancho people that I have known over the years are pretty kool. You do run into some of the "My car's kooler than your car" tude, but you run into that in any car group. Probably ours too.

No, you're correct, it doesn't. Actually, most of the pancho people that I have known over the years are pretty kool. You do run into some of the "My car's kooler than your car" tude, but you run into that in any car group. Probably ours too.
So true. The way I look at it is, if they can give me some good competition to make it fun for me, regardless of what make car I run against, I'm a happy camper.

So true. The way I look at it is, if they can give me some good competition to make it fun for me, regardless of what make car I run against, I'm a happy camper.

X2 And more importantly, you make new friends in the process. Well, so long as they are not sore loosers. :wink:

sure fire way to increase attendance

have a wet Tee shirt contest, or tittie contest,

all the perv's will attend!
of course there goes the "family" idea! LOL

we could have Jeff and Ralph wear wet T shirts!

have a wet Tee shirt contest, or tittie contest,

all the perv's will attend!
of course there goes the "family" idea! LOL

we could have Jeff and Ralph wear wet T shirts!
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah !