The State of Organized BUICK Racing on the West Coast

Gary,
My car IS cooler than yours, even though I've only seen it in person once............Tell 'em, Lou! =)

I think that you're calling out Meanchicken, but just in case you're not, let me help you out on a few items:
I bought my '87 Turbo Buick in '03 from the original owner when it had 8100 miles on the clock, bone stock, no chip, no mods what-so-ever.
It has slightly under 30K miles on it now.
Original paint, original trim, original interior. Mine's not wearing a toupee (repaint) like yours.
Where's yours is much quicker and faster, mines only a 12.7 car, but that's on pure street tires, and with Mike (SPOOLFOOL2) behind the wheel. I probably couldn't even cut a 16 sec pass.
Where you sunk more $$ to go faster in that car, I sunk whatever little $$ I had in a very plush & presentable new '09 supercharged Cadillac CTS-V.
Although not as quick as your car, a bone stock CTS-V will start running away from you at about 120 or so. The 2nd generation (V2) CTS-V tops at 175 for the auto and 191 for the manual. Try that on for size. The quickest Cad CTS-V in the country that I am aware of runs about 9.85 in the 1/4.
Yep, Kookie, you're the koolest.
Good luck with the car.

yea but his enthusiasum makes up for it.

anyone that can talk smack about his car after seeing only ONCE, is ok in my book, heck I feel his car is a 10 sec car just by his keen interest! LOL
none of us can afford the plushmobile (CTSV with huffer) I'm so jealous that you have one Gary,

any how, about this racing in the southwest,
should we schedule a planning meeting? or idea meeting? or drink some beer meeting?

anyone that can talk smack about his car after seeing only ONCE, is ok in my book, heck I feel his car is a 10 sec car just by his keen interest! LOL
none of us can afford the plushmobile (CTSV with huffer) I'm so jealous that you have one Gary,

any how, about this racing in the southwest,
should we schedule a planning meeting? or idea meeting? or drink some beer meeting?
How many racers do we have that would show up for a meeting? So far, I have one that bothered to add his name to a contact list. I see a lot of bench racing, but too little interest in backing the big talk up.

Well...I think the new guy was calling out Gary...a white Turbo T rivalry is a brewin...but you guys know me....I'll race anyone who wants to....even Mr. DonWG and...
...and...
...THE NAME WHO SHALL NOT BE SAAAAAAID...

(say that with an echo....very dark echo...use an Orson Wells voice...Elvis doesn't work...except for the following...)

Thank ya....thank ya very much...be here all week.:biggrin:

Well...I think the new guy was calling out Gary...a white Turbo T rivalry is a brewin...but you guys know me....I'll race anyone who wants to....even Mr. DonWG and...
...and...
...THE NAME WHO SHALL NOT BE SAAAAAAID...

(say that with an echo....very dark echo...use an Orson Wells voice...Elvis doesn't work...except for the following...)

Thank ya....thank ya very much...be here all week.:biggrin:
Now that's the spirit!

Now that's the spirit!

:D

Of course against you...I'd be hoping for an intercooler pipe to pop off your inlet or something harmless and safe to happen before the 300 foot mark so I could catch up to you before the end of the track...:D
...but that's racin....;)

:D

Of course against you...I'd be hoping for an intercooler pipe to pop off your inlet or something harmless and safe to happen before the 300 foot mark so I could catch up to you before the end of the track...:D
...but that's racin....;)

If I could do it, you could do it too. I spanked DW pretty good while he was trying to get his car diled in with the 4 bar map sensor. Lol:cool::D

Gary,

I believe there has been a misunderstanding.

In re-reading my original post I can see that I didn't word it very clearly.

I certainly wasn't attempting to "call you out".

Please accept my apology.

Actually, I have never seen your car but I have read that you have some very nice cars and I was in no way attempting to disparage either you or your car.

What I was doing was attempting to play off of your own words, "You do run into some of the "My car's kooler than your car" tude, but you run into that in any car group. Probably ours too."

I was sort of trying to play "that guy" and what seems to have been lost in the translation is that it' is MY car that I have only seen in person once.

MY car.

Seems I pretty much missed the mark, huh?

Again, I'm sorry.

That said, here's a little background on me.

I owned an '86 GN that I purchased new at Peter Epstein Buick in Palm Springs, CA in November ’86.

That car was my pride and joy. It was stolen in '96, and never recovered.

That was a sad day for me, a sad day indeed.

I have spent the last 16 years saving and squirreling away little bits of money in hopes of someday owning another Turbo Buick.

In those 16 years I was able to save a tidy little sum of cash.

When my mother passed away in December 2009, I inherited a little more.

When I saw the little White T Lou had for sale, it reminded me of a car I took a pass on in '87, , blue interior, bench seat, column shifter and all.

It was time to make a move.

When I met Lou and told him my vision of the car he just nodded, smiled and said "Sure, I can do that."

Little did I know who I was dealing with........

So yes, I'm dumping some money into the car, 16 years worth. I'm putting some hopes and dreams in there too, just for good measure.

Once I finally have the dang car I it seems I will have to wait until Fall to see how it will really run, I'm told these cars don't run too well when it's 110 degrees out. (Humor alert!)

I hope this clears up any misunderstanding, as I do not wish to participate in a war of words with someone I have never met and would probably get along just fine with if I was to meet him as well as any other person who love these little cars.

Perhaps that opportunity will present itself in the not to distant future, I look forward to it.

Until that time comes I guess all we have is bench racing and the (hopefully) good natured teasing that goes with it.

It’s time for me to enjoy a cold beer, I hope that you enjoy the rest of your evening, as well.

Guy Cunningham
TurboTGuy

Guy is exactly the kind of class person that this forum would want to attract & glad he's involved. Our moderator Gary is very sensitive about his cars & that is a good thing. Guy also needs to understand that the southwest section is famous for its drama. I think we should all give him a group hug & welcome him into the fold. Meanwhile I'm busting my butt to make sure that his dream car is everything he hopes for. Especially after hearing his sad story on how his car got stolen. One of the forum members came by today to admire his car. He also has a white Regal & claims that they are rather rare. So it's all good for now & on to the next National Enquirer moment.

NO GROUP HUGS!!!!!!!!!!

It's a summer camp thing, I'd rather not talk about it................

NO GROUP HUGS!!!!!!!!!!

It's a summer camp thing, I'd rather not talk about it................

Damaged goods... Yep, you'll get along great here! :biggrin:

Congrats on the recent purchase, and your car is definitely in good hands.

Welcome Guy! If Lou likes you,seems that he does...I like you too then. Although, if you hadn't already noticed, he's not getting old. He's still in his early puberty stage of life.

Scew being like Nike, I wan't to be like Lou!

Welcome Guy! If Lou likes you,seems that he does...I like you too then. Although, if you hadn't already noticed, he's not getting old. He's still in his early puberty stage of life.

Scew being like Nike, I wan't to be like Lou!
Yeah, you tell em Raymond. This post has just earned you a free lunch. You will have to travel to lake forest to receive it though.