Thinking of doing a cool car show #2.

I'm a newbie with a non-running hot air, i hope i'll still be welcome. Even if i'm not i'll still try and sneak in.. :D

I'm sure nobody will kick you out. Just bring a picture of your car and pin it to your shirt. ;)

I'm sure nobody will kick you out. Just bring a picture of your car and pin it to your shirt. ;)

Nope, the picture has to be pinned to your chest, your bare chest, just like a name tag.......

"Only then will you accepted into the circle of trust, young man........":eek:

Baahhahahahahahahaha!

Come on up and meet us! I'll be meeting most for the first time too. I assure you, I will likely offend someone way before you get the chance to. I'm silly like that....:cool:

Just ask Lou or Nick......

Okay, I am in for sure. Decided to make it a road trip in the GN with my 7 year-old son.

Can some of the locals give me some good hotel ideas. I would like to be close to the show but also maybe around the area of "Downtown Huntington", or wherever, to do something with my son after the show?

Ideas on what there is to do in Huntington after the show ends (kid friendly) would also be appreciated?

AZ guys- I would love to caravan together, any ideas on when to leave, when to come back, etc...?

Okay, I am in for sure. Decided to make it a road trip in the GN with my 7 year-old son.

Can some of the locals give me some good hotel ideas. I would like to be close to the show but also maybe around the area of "Downtown Huntington", or wherever, to do something with my son after the show?

Ideas on what there is to do in Huntington after the show ends (kid friendly) would also be appreciated?

AZ guys- I would love to caravan together, any ideas on when to leave, when to come back, etc...?

I don't live in Huntington, so I can't help with the hotel bit, but Long Beach isn't far, and the Aquarium of the Pacific is going to be pretty cool for your 7-year-old. My girlfriend's kids love it.

http://www.aquariumofpacific.org/

I plan on leaving Friday around 11AM though I haven't firmed it up with the others yet. My son took a pass on this trip but a couple of the guys are riding out with me. Nick Micale for one.

I live in Central Phoenix an would like to leave from there.

I'm staying in Lake Forest, right by Lou Czarnota's (turbolou) place about 30 miles from the show. Not much to do there from my experiences so far.....especially for kids ....

Anything "Beach" related will likely be fun for both you and your son, lots of activity on Huntington Beach, lots.

You're welcome to meet up and caravan out with us. It's always good to have back up along for the trip.

I plan on leaving Friday around 11AM though I haven't firmed it up with the others yet. My son took a pass on this trip but a couple of the guys are riding out with me. Nick Micale for one.

I live in Central Phoenix an would like to leave from there.

I'm staying in Lake Forest, right by Lou Czarnota's (turbolou) place about 30 miles from the show. Not much to do there from my experiences so far.....especially for kids ....

Anything "Beach" related will likely be fun for both you and your son, lots of activity on Huntington Beach, lots.

You're welcome to meet up and caravan out with us. It's always good to have back up along for the trip.

Wow, okay.

I was hoping to maybe leave very early on Saturday morning, spend the night, and then come home Sunday after breakfast. However, I think it is too important to travel together (if possible) in case of a breakdown. When do you guys plan on coming back?

Wow, okay.

I was hoping to maybe leave very early on Saturday morning, spend the night, and then come home Sunday after breakfast. However, I think it is too important to travel together (if possible) in case of a breakdown. When do you guys plan on coming back?

We'll probably go get something to eat after the show and then head out, I don't want to mess with East bound I-10 Sunday traffic, it's MURDER..... but, like I said, we haven't firmed up plans yet.

The other guys might want to stay longer, I just don't know yet.

A couple of very early Saturday morning car shows / cruises you guys might want to check out to start your day in the right direction:
1) Donut derelicts, corner of Magnolia & Adams, Huntington Beach, starts about 6:00 AM or so & goes until about 8:30 AM or so.
Lots of Americana hot rods, muscle cars, collector cars, some nice scoots, very few imports, etc., etc.
2) Cars & Coffee - Irvine, about 3 miles off the 405 / 5 freeway on Irvine Center Drive, I believe.
Starts about 6:00 AM or so & goes until about 9:00 AM or so.
Lots of Americana hot rods, muscle cars, collector cars, some nice scoots, a few imports, lots of big $$ cars there too, Lambo's, Porsche's, Ferrari's, etc., etc.
Either of these cruises are worth your time. Generally some pretty nice talent walking around, too but almost always accompanied by their better half.

BTW, the Donut Derelicts cruise is only about 4 or 5 miles from Mikes show.

TurboTGuy-

Okay, that sounds like it should work.

As far as food goes there is a place called Portillo's I would like to suggest either Friday or Saturday (or both :)):

http://www.portillos.com/portillos/locations/

One is in Buena Park (just north of Huntington Beach) and the other one is in Moreno Valley on the way out of town (on the I215 a little ways before we pick up the I10).

By the way they are also coming to the valley soon:

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/bella/2012/02/portillos_is_coming_to_arizona.php

They are phenomenal! (Being a former Chicagoan I speak from experience.)

Thanks for the info, Gary!

By the way, here's a pic looking out my office door.... I'm kinda jaded when it comes the the high dollar cars......

Derelict is more my style anyway.......

Attachments

• MeanChicken Pictures 005.jpg
    MeanChicken Pictures 005.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 119

I'll be sure to alert the local authorities to keep an eye out for some chucklehead in a White Buick doing burnouts in reverse...followed by mid 10 second blasts down the streets...o_O

Thinking of doing a cool car show #2.

Planned attendance as of 06-14-2012:

SPOOLFOOL2--------Mike Barnard---------Huntington Beach, CA
TNTSNBS-------------mystery guest---------Long Beach, CA
Turbolou--------------Lou Czarnota----------Lake Forest, CA
WilliamsGN----------Jeff Williams-----------Santa Clarita, CA
750H.P.V6------------Neal Steward-----------San Diego, CA
Boost23l--------------Brent---------------------??????????????
Nick Micale-----------Nick Micale-------------Phoenix, AZ
TType85--------------Chris Wilson------------Garden Grove, CA
TurboTGuy-----------Guy Cunningham------Phoenix, AZ
nucnova---------------???????????????---------Phoenix, AZ
rafael vasquez--------Rafael Vasquez------------???????????, CA
Krom------------------???????????????-----------Phoenix, AZ
John Saleby----------John Saleby---------------????????????
Meanchicken---------Tim-------------------------????????????
Reggie West----------Reggie West--------------????????????
TTA579---------------Scott------------------------Lawndale, CA
AZMotorgod---------Robert----------------------???????????, AZ
Mikalanjavin--------Mikal-----------------------????????????, CA
84gnLA--------------Armando Mendoza ------Los Angeles, CA
Gary Wells----------Gary Wells-----------------Long Beach, CA

OK, this list look about correct?

If people would like to add their name or where they are from, please post up.

84gnLA---------------Armando Mendoza--------------Los Angeles, CA
..thanks for adding me to the list :)