Thinking of pulling the trigger on 2012 wrx..thoughts?

Thats a good point about the AZ heat. Mazda 3? I ll read up on those. The wrx you had built sounds like exactly what i was thinking about doing. Sounds like you got bored with it?
The Mazda 3 is OK, the Mazda Speed 3 is the one to look at . 263hp turbo front wheel drive, better mpg as you aren't dragging around double the drivetrain. The WRX was nice, but it never had the torque or wheel spinning fun of a RWD V8 car. Plus the mpg wasn't as good as I hoped it would be. The last few years I've been trying to find the sweet spot for a fast daily driver (fun/fast/economical), but there are no secret cars that have it all. The mpg is about the same for all of the performance cars. It's interesting to compare numbers from http://www.fueleconomy.gov/ use the find a car & then compare cars. You can even look at some of the old cars. What I found out was that being used to a torque car changed my driving habits so that I was always getting worse mpg in the WRX than I was supposed to & equal or better in the V8 cars. You'll definitely beat the truck tho'. I guess it makes sense, there are no secrets. Power is equal to the air/fuel you can burn. So making 300hp in a V8/V6/Turbo 4 (using same generation technology) uses about the same fuel. Then it just depends on weight, gearing, drivetrain & driving habits. I was on the gas a lot more in the WRX just driving around then in the GTO/TBSS/or G8. It was really nice during the winter, although the TBSS was more fun (V8 roar w/AWD). The TBSS was a pig tho', guess the weight didn't help on that. :) I had more fun in the G8 w/winter tires. It was fun to drive & during the summer you could still have all of the fun & challenge.

:D
say_no_to_rice.jpg

I test drove a G8 and almost bought it. It was black and I didn't want black for a dd. Went well for bigger car. Felt like a low 14. If you don't mod the G8 it uses regular gas which would be a nice savings.

I test drove a G8 and almost bought it. It was black and I didn't want black for a dd. Went well for bigger car. Felt like a low 14. If you don't mod the G8 it uses regular gas which would be a nice savings.
They are high 13 cars stock. Fairly easy to get to low 13's. There are actually plenty of 87 octane performance/mpg tunes for them. The tranny tune makes a huge difference in how they drive. I had a 91 oct performance/mpg tune. The cam timing & displacement on demand can be adjusted to increase mpg. I could actually knock down 27-29 mpg on the highway at 70mph. City got better with the tune, but depended on how much tire punishment I was enjoying that day. :) Headers made a huge difference. Most guys throw in cams to guarantee mid 12's. Although a good driver w/tune/CAI/headers can run 12's on the factory tires.

You guys are talking about a ponitac g8? I havent done much reasearch on those, but they kind of seemed plain looking to me. Are they reasonably priced?

How old do you want to go??? MazdaSpeed 6 is a damn nice car too. Only .1 second slower than a stock WRX STI, but with comfort. Front wheel drive, until you get on it then the rear wheels kick in.

I test drove one of those, and normal driving felt like any FWD car... get on it, and the launch is SICK. Only come in 6spd manual though....

I STILL want one.

You guys are talking about a ponitac g8? I havent done much reasearch on those, but they kind of seemed plain looking to me. Are they reasonably priced?
Yes, Pontiac G8 6 liter.

Nice car! I had a Silver '04 WRX. I had upgraded the turbo, exhaust and flashed the computer with a Cobb Accessport. It was a quick car and I really liked it. Good luck!

thanks... ill get more pics up soon i thought i d regret getting this car, but i couldnt be happier. And yes it gets out of the hole hard.... top end is so so. I ll

probably end up with some tickets soon

thanks glad you guys like it.... first import i ve ever owned ...first awd car ive ever driven.

Leave it stock.Dont screw with it, it will break. I know very well. Also...if something breaks under warranty, expect a hassle to have it covered, EVEN STOCK. Currently fighting subaru of america over a bad turbo for a stock legacy outback XT. They sure are fun when they run. I also have a 400hp 02 wrx. Last time it broke(4 yrs ago) I parked it. Still sitting in my driveway with a f*cked up block. Replaced by a z28,79 caprice coupe, and 85 T. ALSO...SUBARU IS HAVING PROBLEMS WITH BLOCKS "GOING BAD" WITH NO NOTICABLE PROBLEMS. BUYER BEWARE!!! SUBARU IS GOING DOWNHILL, RUN!!!