Time to go stage II with A/C!

Ok lets look at it this way... I dyno it, it breaks I'm done for the whole year again with no car all summer....I think its too early yet in the season...

I call BS. The honest answer why you're dragging your heels about putting it on the dyno is you're afraid it's gonna be a turd.

Last edited:
Ok lets look at it this way... I dyno it, it breaks I'm done for the whole year again with no car all summer....

How is that any different from the last 8 years???? You know good and well you have no intentions on driving it, it's a make work project......

Ok lets look at it this way... I dyno it, it breaks I'm done for the whole year again with no car all summer....I think its too early yet in the season...

I would think you would have more faith in your work than that. I would rather spit parts out on the dyno instead of the big end at the track.
AG.

U will never know if methods were a success unless u try. Take it to the dyno. . .baby steps. . Work ur way up. . But take it. . .

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Here is some data to think about, maybe my valves are not "shrouded" so bad. The 3.4 Indy motors had 2.08 valves on a 3,8 bore, with 28 psi boost on methanol.The dyno will happen just not a high priority right now. I plan to run up to 35 psi ....:unsure: Reed at work turbo's suggests 40 psi for my particular turbo.

ScreenShot026.jpg

Last edited:
Good, now that you got that off your chest its time to run. LETS GO NORBS !!!!
AG.

He wont run it. . . U have a better chance of getting water out of the desert than Norbs running his car.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Okay, forget about dynoing the car. driving it...or racing it. Just tell me the AC works.

Because of this particular post from Chris Lyons, I may have to re-evaluate the dyno situation at higher hp levels.

6. Pistons: I like J&E and CP's there are others. I had a really bad experience with Diamond. This is one place you want to find a machinist who knows how to spec a severe duty piston for a turbo application. Remember you are building a piston for a 1000hp motor that has 2 less cylinders so that piston will see more severe pressures and heat than a V8 piston would. Use the biggest baddest pins you can find and don't worry about reciprocating weight. I believe I had 220 wall 927 pins and have ruined most all others smaller than that.

I am using STOCK JE pistons pins... How much HP are they good for 600, or 800HP? 1000HP?
Maybe I should limit the hp goals..

Here are the specs:

Coating: None
Edge Type: Sharp
Length: 2.750in
Nominal Weight: 137g
Outside Diameter: .940in
Outside Diameter Alt: 23.8760mm
Series: 51 Series
Type of Material: 5115 Low Carbon/Case-Hardened Steel
Wall Thickness: 0.160in
Wall Type: Straight

Not sure what this comment meant?

8. Heads: I like stock style and see no reason to run S2's. The S2 heads were not designed for what we are doing with these motors

Last edited:
Because of this particular post from Chris Lyons, I may have to re-evaluate the dyno situation at higher hp levels.

6. Pistons: I like J&E and CP's there are others. I had a really bad experience with Diamond. This is one place you want to find a machinist who knows how to spec a severe duty piston for a turbo application. Remember you are building a piston for a 1000hp motor that has 2 less cylinders so that piston will see more severe pressures and heat than a V8 piston would. Use the biggest baddest pins you can find and don't worry about reciprocating weight. I believe I had 220 wall 927 pins and have ruined most all others smaller than that.

I am using STOCK JE pistons pins... How much HP are they good for 600, or 800HP? 1000HP?
Maybe I should limit the hp goals..

Here are the specs:

Coating: None
Edge Type: Sharp
Length: 2.750in
Nominal Weight: 137g
Outside Diameter: .940in
Outside Diameter Alt: 23.8760mm
Series: 51 Series
Type of Material: 5115 Low Carbon/Case-Hardened Steel
Wall Thickness: 0.160in
Wall Type: Straight

Not sure what this comment meant?

8. Heads: I like stock style and see no reason to run S2's. The S2 heads were not designed for what we are doing with these motors

I think your going to have problems elsewhere. I have a few ideas but couldn't get you to listen before.......

But you will never know unless you try. With all the tuning advise and advise you given on other peoples combos you kind of really need to step up to the plate and qualify yourself as an expert. What good is a tuner that is afraid to run his own car ?
At this point I don't know if you just need a friendly push to get you positively encourage or what ??? I sure don't want to see you break anything if your uncomfortable running your car so only you can know if its the right thing to do.
AG.

I agree with Turbobitt. Time to step up.... No more excuses. . no more delay... no more... all eyes are on your Norbs... I had faith in you before...now. . . I can't say the same... Knowledge yes... the power to use it... NO....

FWIW- I'm using lightweight .927 tapered wall pins that were originally spec'd by Duttweiler.
AG.