Todays Junkyard Find...

That's a funny find. Shawn, I recognize the UPI pics...I saw that Firebird when they brought it in, pretty rusty, surprise someone took that much. I've had some good finds lately, about a month ago I found an ambulance that had just that day been dropped. Still had the Federal Signal Aerodynic lightbar on it which I snagged for $30 and sold for $150. It had a siren speaker inside of it which I removed and will sell for $60-$80. A week after that I got an entire siren out of another old ambulance. Last week I got a perfect dashpad out of a '68 Fury for $10 and another siren speaker out of an old Hollywood PD car for $6. :) The lightbar is the all red one in this pic:

AerodyneCollection.jpg
Damn dude, what yard do you go to?

I got an aluminum cutlass hood in Orlando last month and I got a cutlass euro header panel yesterday.:D

I alternate between UPI and two up north. One is U Pull U Pay and the other is ABC Recyclers (or similar) and both are off Southern Blvd and Benoist Farm Road. UPUP is really nice, very very clean with cheaper prices than UPI.

those light bars are big time illegal in illinois, (for street) but it would be cool to have an ambulance siren, LOL. there is a guy on e-bay selling train horns, that is my goal in life to have a train horn,( i will have one before i die) i think it would be extrmely difficult to find one in a scrapyard :wink:

those light bars are big time illegal in illinois, (for street) but it would be cool to have an ambulance siren, LOL. there is a guy on e-bay selling train horns, that is my goal in life to have a train horn,( i will have one before i die) i think it would be extrmely difficult to find one in a scrapyard :wink:

I have a bit more leeway in my line of work. ;) As far as train horns are concerned, good luck with that...they're a fortune. What you might find though is a compressor out of an old ambulance (I have two) and an air tank out of same. Then find air horns off an old truck, do some plumbing and voila...now you have cheap and effective truck horns. That's my plan.

WARNING! Old thread....

I found a 4.1 in an 84 full sized Buick..... thinking I might get it and part it out.... and keep the crank....

I once scored an 86 NA regal... front damage, hit above the bumper so no frame damage. Got it from my wifes Boss who's then 16 year old son ran it into the back of a Dodge Dakota.

There is a place locally that wholesales donated cars to the public for $200 a shot... and they had another NA Regal there that was even the same color. Unbolted some krinkled metal and bolted on some straight parts... good as new.

While cleaning the car I pulled the read seat I find a little ziplock baggie with a very nice Silver Coin in it.. it said "Christy" written in sharpie pen on the bag. Wife's boss' daughter's name: Christy

Sent it to work with my wife... Apparently this coin was rather rare, and was taken to school many years ago for show and tell and never got to school and was never seen again until I found it.

I was told it was EXTREMELY valuable... but what do I know about numismatics other than how to spell it?

8.5 rearend out of olds 442

About six years ago I was in a junkyard in my area.. It was about 3 days before my birthday and Christmas was fast approaching.. I was looking for parts for my monte carlo ss.. I end up finding a 8.5 out of a 442 still in the car.. I didn't have the right tools so I call my brother to bring some and he was at work.. So I went to the front and ask them if they could cut off a rearend for me.. she told be sure it will cost $50 dollars.. I told her it was out of a olds cutlass lol :smile: cost for rearend $45 dollars :eek: :eek:.. They cut it off and I picked it up the next day.. $95 for a 8.5 rear out of olds 442..

442 rear;

Was this in Sacramento? I remember seeing a wrecked 442 there in primer a few years ago and I remember the rear was already gone. They had just put it out a few days before so I just missed it.

8.5 rearend out of olds 442

No it was in chicago of all places... I could not believe that someone didn't know what was in the car... I quickly went to check and see if it was a real 8.5 or a 7.5.... It was real.. I just found a aluminum radiator support.. It was a little bent however me and my cousin were arguing over it.. I found it and didn't have the tools to take it out plus he drove.. So we said that we would both leave it.. :mad: ... we both need it for our cars.. I told him to go get it I would find another... IT sucks being the bigger man.. I'll just sell him the rearend for 600 to make up the difference lol I'm in the process of buying a wrecked 87 grand national for parts for my 86 white t type aka street killer
it will be a xray clone when I'm done.. I'll just take the rear out of that which has a posi and use in one of my ss.. lol :eek: Isn't life grand

Picked up a Pontiac Grad Prix front frame brace... the one under the core support.... and got a Pontiac Sunbird Turbo wastegate solenoid..... for my poor boy two stage boost controller..... and one regal grille spring (there was only one left on the car)....

Grand total.... under $8..... guy didn't charge me for the wastegate solenoid.... or the grille spring... :biggrin:

Last year I found an '85 442 sitting in the yard. It was in very bad shape...but the rearend was still there. For those that do not know, the 442 has a 8.5 with 3.73 gears:smile: I pulled it out and took it home for $100:D The guy from the yard that helped me load it into my truck told me that I got ripped off....hahaha....little did he know what 8.5" gbody 10 bolts go for:cool:

Also found a beautiful door off a Cutlass at the same yard. I was walking through during my lunch break at work. The only tools I had on me at the time was a cheap set of chinese 1/4 sockets. Needless to say, I did not want to lose this deal, so I removed the door with the 1/4 sockets and carried the heavy ass door 1/2 mile. Damn they are heavy!! That door is now on my car do to a trailer mishap a few years ago:)

Edit: I just read the guy above me got a similar deal.

Earlier this year I found this 85 Hot Air at one of the self service yards in the Orlando area. Somebody already picked all the good parts off it so they may have been able to pick up the rear axle for $79.95 plus core. But I think I found the best part ever off of it. In the gutted interior was the radio block off plate. Yep this T-Type had the gray leather interior(notice the shorty console) and factory UL5 Radio Delete. If David Getman from Syracuse NY is reading this than this used to be yours. I also found the registration from 1994 in the mess.

Attachments

• 85 Hot Ai1.jpg
    85 Hot Ai1.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 289
  • 85 Radio Plate.jpg
    85 Radio Plate.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 290
Earlier this year I found this 85 Hot Air at one of the self service yards in the Orlando area. Somebody already picked all the good parts off it so they may have been able to pick up the rear axle for $79.95 plus core. But I think I found the best part ever off of it. In the gutted interior was the radio block off plate. Yep this T-Type had the gray leather interior(notice the shorty console) and factory UL5 Radio Delete. If David Getman from Syracuse NY is reading this than this used to be yours. I also found the registration from 1994 in the mess.

:eek: :(