Todays Junkyard Find...

I don't know if this has been brought up, I am sure it has.... But some of the bumper stickers that are seen on junkyard cars can be pretty classic and some actually funny... If I find some pictures of my junkyard finds I will post them :cool:

i found something odd under the back seat of the t type i baught, when i baught it the owner said he was going to use the money to buy his wife a new dog the last one had "went missing" a few weeks back. aparently it must have falen threw a open t top and crawled behind the back seat and froze to death. i started smelling it when it thawed out, never did have the hart to tell him that i found his dog.

That sucks!! :(

How did the dog crawl behind the back seat?:confused:

I think you did the right thing by not telling the owner.

Originally posted by equalizer442
i found something odd under the back seat of the t type i baught, when i baught it the owner said he was going to use the money to buy his wife a new dog the last one had "went missing" a few weeks back. aparently it must have falen threw a open t top and crawled behind the back seat and froze to death. i started smelling it when it thawed out, never did have the hart to tell him that i found his dog.

Ack.. :eek:

Today's gem was a bunch of photos of people doing the nasty. And I mean, nasty. Yuck. I am talking about some UGLY people. Why don't these people clean out their cars?:confused:

Today's gem was a bunch of photos of people doing the nasty. And I mean, nasty. Yuck. I am talking about some UGLY people. Why don't these people clean out their cars?

lol that reminds me, my dad found a picture of this fat nude 300 lb black lady with a afro in the ghetto one time on his mail route, while at lunch his friends were using the bathroom so he snuk out to his best friends mail truck and grabed a peace of paper and wrote a letter " mr mail man can i be your mama" or something like that. mama is refering to a bitch of a boss they had at the time. when they got back out to the truck he figured he would have gotten the joke but instead he got mad and drove off. well my dad being as forgetfull as he is forgot to tell him the puntch line until a few days later.

to jump ahead about a week his friend was talking to my dad about how odd his kids were acting (single father of 2) they were saying something crazy about a new mama. this reminded my dad so he told him who wrote the note:( turns out that he had stuck the picture and letter in his pocket and accidently took it home for his kids to find :D

A buddy of mine worked at a junkyard in baltimore city (home of the t.v. show homicide) many moons ago. One day as he and another employee were searching the "new arrivals" for tags or registration paperwork to turn in to the DMV, he found a nickel plated colt python with a 6" barrel in a new cadillac that had been wrapped around a tree.

He took it to a friend who was a gun collector a few days later and learned that it was 1 of 50 or so made with that finish and barrel length chambered in .38 special. Most of them were .357 magnums, so he left his friends house about $2500.oo richer. Not bad money for a 5 minute search.

Of course, then there's the time that he found some fingers in a "blood and guts"...

I found a cool nametag shaped like a fish today with the name "Marc" on it. I put it on as a joke and forgot about it...walked around half the day with it lookin like a MO-RON!

Dont sell yourself short Ian. I bet you look like a MO-RON for more than half the day anyways. :D ;) :eek: :p :cool:

Scott

After waiting 2 weekends for the rain to stop here in West Central Florida, I decided to hit the 'yard, to hell with the rain. I packed a few towels, and a spare pair of shorts and a t-shirt.
I had a feeling it would be a good day at the 'yard, I wasn't disappointed. :D
I went looking for parts for my Regals, my daughter's Honda, and maybe some Ebay stuff.
I found a Reatta!! (Ebay ching-ching) Stripped it pretty well, hid some of the parts - need to go back and get the balance of them, wanted to see what they were selling for on Ebay before I dropped the $$$.

Poked around a bit - row by row, checking out the plentiful 237 regulators, coil packs, etc.. While looking at an 86 or so LeSabre, I noticed the secondary cooling fan was recently replaced - still had the reman sticker on it. Grabbed that for my home-brew dual fan setup I'm thinking about doing.
Then I spotted a Regal fender - it had Olds stamped wheels on it - threw me off for a sec, then I spotted the A/C delete plate covering the HVAC hole in the firewall. Huh?!? Grabbed a wrench - pulled that. The engine bay was empty, but what was left was spotless, someone took some time prepping it. It also had a hydraulic clutch system installed, must have been a manual tranny. Went around to the back, and I got a set of CHERRY black tailight assemblies.. I noticed the trunk lock was missing.. Grabbed a screwdriver and popped the trunk.. Lotsa goodies there. Either someone stripped a buch of parts off and stashed them in the trunk for later retrieval, or whoever owned the car last was in the process of rebuilding it and said screw it, and junked it with the parts in the trunk. Either way - SCORE! :D

There's both seat tracks( Manual), both opera windows w/chrome frames, hood struts, misc brackets and more. I left most of it, and hid the rest. :)

I also got a nice 7" fan for my Starion oil cooler, and some Reatta stuff.

And I only made it through 45% of the GM cars!

:eek:

This thread actually reminds me of a funny story. My buddy and I were out at the yard getting some stuff, and found a polaroid of 2 guys with a stripper. It was like when you get your picture taken at a strip club, not obscene or anything. My buddy is just staring at this picture, like it was God himslef in the shot. He goes "I took this picture! Its my 2 cousins, and the girls name is sarah!" I was like, small world, huh?. The messed up part was he found it in a car we had never seen before, and the picture was taken in North Carolina, and left with one of his cousins, and we found it in Illinios where we live! Freaky stuff, huh?

Well the arm rest from the roadmaster didn't bolt right in to the Regal but the one from the Park Avenue Ultra did. No loss because the Roadmaster one went into my wifes toronado and didn't have to visit an upholstery shop at all.

Anyway newest find seemed to work out pretty good. Went to a U-pull-it by me here and found an 84 Gran Prix. I got the F41 bar that connects the frame under the radiator, 2 braces under the hood that go from the core support to the inner fenders, a passenger side sunvisor w/ light up vanity mirror (correct color even), a rear stay down license plate holder off of an 84 camaro, and a couple of trim pieces off of a cimarron for my father-in-laws cimmaron, all for $30. Gotta love bone yards. :D

I was on my weekly junkyard jaunt, and saw they were lining up a new lot of cars for a new row..

I noticed that when all these cars come out, the rear speaker covers in the trunk are popped (GM), as the workers there go through them and take any non-factory speakers out.

I spotted a '90 Cutlass Calais with a Delco Bose "Silver Series" deck in it. I got in to pull the radio, and saw the front speaker grills and decided to look. Score! a very nice set of Pioneer TS-A878 3.5" coax speakers, looks like the yard monkeys missed them. Got the pair for $7.00! :)

Installed them yesterday, a GREAT upgrade to my well-worn JBL Decades..

ANCIENT roling paper packets. about 2 of em. pocketed one. a buddy of mine who has been known to use em regularly:rolleyes: tells me that they have not had that kind of packageing since the 80's and it is considered a stoner colectable :eek:

lol

1986 Park Avenue with T package. Got the steering wheel, horn button, coilpack/module, ecm, and tps. Not much left beyond that is there?

Found a camaro with a new JVC CD player in it. It did not have the face plate, but I got it anyway for $15. Bought the face plate off of ebay for $19.:D

PAIN

I was getting the "T-TYPE" emblems off of a nice 87ish na Riv when WHOOSH a big gust of wind came by and shut the hood down on my fingers. And I couldn't get them out!

OUCH!

Luckily there were some guys around or I would still be there...:eek:

The hood shut completely, and the drivers side door was smashed in. A couple guys pried it up and I was able to get out. Fingers didn't break, but they did get "smushed".

You should have seen the look on the guys face when he went to pop the hood and the drivers door wouldn't open.

Funny now that I think about it...:D

I won't do that again...