TR for sale in the NW?

Spdrcer34

Now that my Cutlass in nearing completion, I need to buy a 87 TR. I have seen lots of them for sale in the CARS FOR SALE section, but they are ALWAYS on the east coast,

I need something close enough to me. OR, WA, ID, S. BC is okay, If it's good enough, I might even be able to go as far south as Northern California, or Las Vegas (airfare is CHEAP to go there)

Anyone here THINKING of selling thier car?

I only have a couple requests

GOOD ENGINE, and GOOD TRANSMISSION.

I can work with anything else. Body condition doesn't matter, and Interior is the LEAST of my worries.

Ryan

Ryan,

You forgot to mention the most important part, how much are you looking to spend?

There are several for sale in the NW in the $10k - $15k range.

I know of a 86 Gn for sale by the orig. owner here in Boise, I beleive he is asking 8900 for it let me know.
Ron

Money really isn't a big issue. This is for my wife, she'll let me spend what ever I want, as long as it's for her.

Ideally, I'd spend 4k-6k, but if there's one for sale for 8k, and it's WORTH the difference between that and a 6k car, I'd buy it.

But what I DO NOT want are:

Show Cars
Highly Modified 10 sec. cars
Basket Cases

A few bolt-ons here and there are fine, chassis mods are also LOW on my priority list.

T-top or Solid roof, doesn't matter.

Ryan

I will be selling a 86 T-type in a few weeks:) Its a good running car and drives nice and is a good driver. Im in the middle of painting it right now and will have a pretty nice base coat clear coat paint job. Im also putting new carpets and headlinner in. The car is stock and is a solid roof with posi rearend and is silver with blacked out trim,iroc wheels:) Im thinking i might put just a touch of peal in the clear coat;) I will be selling it for close to your price range in the next few weeks:cool: The car has new upper control arm bushings and lower ball joints.stock muffler. Give me a call if this is something you might be interested in..
Gene Fleury
425-742-3156

Frank
You would sell your GN for around the 8k mark??:confused:
Pat and Wanda might be interested at that price
I will pm you the phone # you wanted;)

86????

I have an 86 if interested....slightyly modified rebuilt motor and trans and runs great. $5000

Re: 86????

Originally posted by wickedsixx
I have an 86 if interested....slightyly modified rebuilt motor and trans and runs great. $5000

What are the details of the GTA rims? All fronts 16x8 black mesh? Condition and price are my last questions? email me pics if you have some.

Thanks

Hey Frank, my buddy decided to buy that low milage GN.:( He says he likes how clean it is and the idea of doing all the mods himself is appealing to him. I still think he should have bought yours and put it back to stock and start over, selling all of your parts to me (of course) if that's what he wants. Alas, to each his own.:(

Adam

Originally posted by HYBRIDT
Hey Frank, my buddy decided to buy that low milage GN.:( He says he likes how clean it is and the idea of doing all the mods himself is appealing to him. I still think he should have bought yours and put it back to stock and start over, selling all of your parts to me (of course) if that's what he wants. Alas, to each his own.:(

Adam

Is that the local one in the autotrader right now?

Is that Big Dave's car, I heard he was thinking about selling?

Wickedsixx.....is that car 'trustworthy' enough to be able to drive it to Washington? Where in Montana are you? Eastern, Central, Western? That might make a bigger impact on if I can even get it home.....

Drivetrain/ECM wise, what is the biggest difference between the `86 and `87 TR's? I know they upped the HP in `87, but what is so different about them? Is there a comprehensive list of changes that were made?

Ryan

Originally posted by Spdrcer34
Wickedsixx.....is that car 'trustworthy' enough to be able to drive it to Washington? Where in Montana are you? Eastern, Central, Western? That might make a bigger impact on if I can even get it home.....

Drivetrain/ECM wise, what is the biggest difference between the `86 and `87 TR's? I know they upped the HP in `87, but what is so different about them? Is there a comprehensive list of changes that were made?

Ryan

I know that you didn't address me so if you don't mind I'll reply. There are several differences between the '86/'87 TR however, mostly insignificant. Things like the grill, for the GN, door handle pull strap color, power steering cap. To answer your question about the difference in performance was due to the chip was changed. In 1987 there was a recall on both '86 and '87 chips due to emissions reasons and if this was done then performance would have been the same.

You can see if the chip was replaced by a white sticker in the engine compartment on the right hand side between the front facia and radiator, about 1" long.

Otherwise any aftermarket chip from thrasher, PTE whoever will take care of this differece in performace.

Hope this helps

FS

Frank,

How come your toying w/the idea of selling the Buick?? You're not thinking of starting the Lake Steven's Subaru posse are you?? ;) ;)

How come big Dave is getting rid of his??

Mike

Big Dave's Gn

I bought Big Dave's Gn , So now its Big Josh's GN. Fair price for the car with only 20,000 on it. Allthought I was a little disappointed to fail Emissions. It Failed at idle, on co's . I change the fuel filter, ran a bottle of top engine cleaner through it and swapped in a new o2 senser becouse it had a fail reading and I going to try it again on monday. If anyone has any suggestions let me know.

If anyone has any suggestions let me know.

Congrats on joining the darkside! Look forward to hooking up this season. We're all about having fun and helping out each other in this little turbo community.

Don't be too discouraged on failing the emmisions. It's usually simple and cheap to resolve. What modifications have been done to the car ? Still have the CAT ? What chip ? Fuel pressure setting ?

Sounds like you're tackling all the right baselining cleanup items.
If it still fails, get an emissions chip from Scott scott231@juno.com
For $20 you can't go wrong. I passed in WA state without even a CAT on the car :eek: