TSA rules discussion

My suggestion for a proposed change is to allow for any commercially available stock style replacement exhaust headers and crossover pipe.
Examples are Kirban, Performance Parts, G Body Parts or GSCA stock style replacement headers.
I would hope this change would alleviate the problem of finding usable 28 year old stock exhaust headers.

Just bought a GN, haven't got it running yet. But I would love to have a stock class to race in but I'm not going to screw up my pure stock car. I do race and have a race car. But the GN is staying original. Make a stock class and limit it to maybe a chip change only and foot brake.
If the sportsman tree proposal passes you could run your car in this class and not have to change it. Your fastest Qualifying Pass would be your dial in.

I'm new to the class myself, having just purchased the car from JT last year and participating in 2015. Looking under the hood at the stock appearing engine and knowing what it ran in the 1/4 was what drew me to it. I'm really impressed with all of the TSA cars. I agree with Kip in that these cars are purposed built with the goal of going as fast as possible. I also agree that the participation needs to increase to keep it alive, but bracket racing is already an option outside TSA. I feel like we'd be watering down the class. Heads-up gets my vote.

OK, time to bring this toward voting.

We have a proposal of stock style replacement ( ball sealing flange) headers.

It was mentioned to me about the turbo tweak memory saver.

The change to sportsman tree, bracket style racing.

Any other ideas to entice more participants?

The first thing that needs to be decided is if TSA is moving to being a bracket class or not. Why vote on mods if it is a bracket class?

OK, this vote is for Tsa

1 pro tree heads up racing

Or

2 sportsman tree and your dial in is your best qualifying pass, bracket style racing

You can vote here on the board or pm me your vote and I will post the results.

Deadline is december 13th

Please keep this a heads up class. I don't know why more people are not getting into this class, it is the most affordable heads up class in the Buick world. I really wish I had the time to build a combination but the cold hard truth is I just can't fit it in right now. I encourage all of you to keep the rules simple and not allow too many revisions. Every time a rule is amended it has to be for the goodness of the class. The less changes to the rules the longer the class will survive. A spec turbo would be one example of keeping tabs on the class, this minimizes the performance gains from year to year. This has to be a tuners/drivers race. I met all of you in BG and was just amazed at the class and the people. Keep to your roots and the cars will come. Good luck and see you all in BG next year.

The first thing that needs to be decided is if TSA is moving to being a bracket class or not. Why vote on mods if it is a bracket class?

Kip, correct me if I'm wrong but where was it stated that if the class was changed to a sportsman tree with a dial in that all the rules would not apply?
Dale

Kip, correct me if I'm wrong but where was it stated that if the class was changed to a sportsman tree with a dial in that all the rules would not apply?
Dale

Dale, I have no idea why you are asking me this. You know as well as I do that what you are asking for has not been posted. My statement was that it needed to be decided if TSA is going to be a bracket type class or not. How do we move forward with out knowing the race format?
To make it real clear if it is a bracket class, I will not need to vote as I will not be involved in the class.

OK, this vote is for Tsa

1 pro tree heads up racing

Or

2 sportsman tree and your dial in is your best qualifying pass, bracket style racing

You can vote here on the board or pm me your vote and I will post the results.

Deadline is december 13th

My vote is 1.

Kip, my intention was not to offend anyone, but to make it very clear that you could change the tree without changing the class rules.
The only reason for any suggestions is to make it easier for other racers to participate in this class. I get an overwhelming feeling that no one wants any change in this class.

Dale

Kip, my intention was not to offend anyone, but to make it very clear that you could change the tree without changing the class rules.
The only reason for any suggestions is to make it easier for other racers to participate in this class. I get an overwhelming feeling that no one wants any change in this class.

Dale

No offense taken here. Your point is clear about the tree and the class rules. The only way to make it easier for other racers to participate is to loosen up the rules and at some point then we no longer have TSA any more and maybe should rename the class. To be clear with everyone on this I am not saying this is a bad thing. If racers are not happy with a 5 car field then maybe it is time for this change to take place.

I think a fact to consider is bracket style racing would change the whole method of how we race. Why would I want to push my car to run as fast as it can (which is why TSA was created in the first place) if I don't have to? Why would I risk breakage if I don't have to? Correct me if I am wrong, if a qualifying time of 13.80 is what I need for
TSA and I dial in at 13.50 per say then all I have to do is match my 13.50 right? I wouldn't even need to build boost to do that and in turn keep my car safe. I would think the potential for sandbagging would be greater. The reasoning for my vote is not the fact that I do not want change, but frankly I just do not want to race that way.

Missy

Missy , I first want to say that I have Great Respect for what you and Bill have done for this class and in No way am I trying to degrade that. The Only reason for my post on this subject are to voice my thoughts on what I think is the easiest way to increase participation without changing core rules of the class.
On your first point of why would you push your car to run as fast as it can go. What if there were no first and second place awards, and the award for fastest Qualifier was more than race winner ?
The other point that I am trying to make is from my perspective is what is the motivation for anyone like me to come and race in a class that I know that my car is running 7 tens slower than yours and have no chance of winning on a heads up tree ?
I am just posting this for the purpose of discussion.
Dale

The other point that I am trying to make is from my perspective is what is the motivation for anyone like me to come and race in a class that I know that my car is running 7 tens slower than yours and have no chance of winning on a heads up tree ?
I am just posting this for the purpose of discussion.
Dale

The motivation should be if someone else is doing it so can you. Rome was not built in a day, you keep knocking off tenths and soon you have a side by side race.
Now for discussion what does a car that passes TSA tech prove that bracket races at a 13.50 dial in?

The motivation should be if someone else is doing it so can you. Rome was not built in a day, you keep knocking off tenths and soon you have a side by side race.
Now for discussion what does a car that passes TSA tech prove that bracket races at a 13.50 dial in?

Kip I believe you just answered that question with your post, that if you give people a chance to participate they will like every other Buick racer want to go faster. Where the class is at now every one thinks that there car has to be running 11.00 in order to have any chance being competitive.

Question: how do you quote someone else's post?

(New member here)

Missy

Go to the bottom right corner of the person who's post you want to qoute and click the reply button. You start your reply under what comes up.

Propose rule change to allow the use of aftermarket rear NON Adjustable upper & lower control arms that retain the stock rear sway bar.

And here is my reason why I think this should be allowed, (see photo ) these control arms were cleaned and painted just prior to the 2015 GS Nationals. 87 T lower Control arm 003.JPG 87 T lower Control arm 003.JPG

Attachments

• 87 T lower Control arm 004.JPG
    87 T lower Control arm 004.JPG
    438.5 KB · Views: 174