TTA SS 3" Custom Downpipe?

Nick Micale

Tech Advisor
Staff member
One of my customers with a 1989 TTA would like us to fabricate a downpipe for his car. :)

We have done many custom headers and exhaust systems for Buicks as well as other brands, and are wondering is there would be enough interest for us to do a fixture to duplicate these pipes?

The flange/puck will be the all stainless steel unit from RJC with the large puck.

Our plan is to start within 2 weeks when all the material arrives, and would like to know what the response and interest would be from TTA owners for this product? :confused:

I'm in. As long as there priced fair
Will u offer them in a 2 or 3 peice design?
Int or ext turn gate. ?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

My mild steel dp lasted about 5 years, and now has holes in it. I might be interested depending on price.

There is a ss pipe now by Dunn/mease 900 ish

Do you know if the pipe is gold . And does that inc it being installed. Lol. $900 wow :eek:

Damm. Really. I gave 350 for mine. Never installed
Guess this stuff keeps going up.

Int or ext turn gate. ........................

Our plan is to try to keep it 2 piece.

An intercooled downpipe which in made in the USA and is ALL stainless, which this one will be also, has a list price of $450.

Te IC pipes are built 100 at a time, so we cannot produce just a few at that price, but hope to be in the $600+ range depending how many orders we have at the beginning?

600 is a good price.
Will it be made with the flex joint
Or not. Can u offer it with no gate
I will be running the gate off the header
On my projects.

After talking with Nick Micale , I can tell that if the need is for 10 or more we can be confident that the pipe will be 1 or 2 piece mendrel bent 100% stainless polished with RJC flange with puck . The design will be done on my car for exact fit and ease of install. I hope that we can get a few more people on board and get some units going . The price range should be in the $600-650 also. The more the better always helps with price!

After talking with Nick Micale , I can tell that if the need is for 10 or more we can be confident that the pipe will be 1 or 2 piece mendrel bent 100% stainless polished with RJC flange with puck . The design will be done on my car for exact fit and ease of install. I hope that we can get a few more people on board and get some units going . The price range should be in the $600-650 also. The more the better always helps with price!
Will there be a choice of oversized puck?

Can it be made with out a gate. ??
Flat flange style.

Any chance of making headers?

Sure, we make headers for many exotics like Mercedes, BMW, Porsche and others, so building a custom set for a TTA is something we can do.

Just as an example, the stainless TA headers for a GN are over $1000 on a large production basis, a custom TTA header set would be more than that, probably a minimum is $1600.

TA has built more SS headers than TTA's that were built! :)

I would recommend doing the flex joint as the OEM piece as this was one of the ways to get rid of the severe vibrations they had with the early prototypes hence ending up on the production cars.

Another thing to consider is for people with sub frame connectors; would be to make the downpipe so it sits an inch or two closer to the centre of the car where it runs along the passenger side door. This would save people from cutting it up for clearance and would work then with or without sub frame connectors.

Int or ext turn gate. ?

I'm out. Dont want a pissing match
I don't deal with g body or anyone the defends them. (After nasty wendy )