Turbo Buick show at Old Town March 1

The latest Im reading from wftv.com is 50% rain. Moving across around 9-10am then the front should be past by 1pm and clearing. :mad:

We will be there rain or shine to set up and make a call on the show. We obviously want people to be safe, so check the radar in the morning if possible. You can email me through my profile and I'll be checking it on site. Pm me if you want a couple of cell numbers you can call to check the weather with us.

damn rain

weather sux here..now anyway...was gonna drive the trailblazer.but am staying home...sorry to miss event...weather yesterday was perfect...
i attended 2 years ago and had a great time...try to plan another event soon
maybe i can drive the t next time...

+2 on another event. Still 50/50 here, Tampa has rain now. When is this running through today

There were some beautiful Buicks there today. It was worth the trip from Jax! My boys had a lot of fun on the rides too.

Sorry I missed you guys. Let us Tampa guys know when you're having other events. We're not too far apart

Man, i'm unhappy I miised this event-I thought it would be cancelled due to weather

I miss my matchbox turbobuick, I've got one for every year that those were given out-did they have one this year?

FRED

well i'm back home and i'm still very sleepy, but it was a great! show and the weather was great! i meet some great guys and saw some awesome cars and got some great ideas from some ( thanx wayne , always good to info from a guy who's been there done that and is not afraid to show or help his fellow buick brother ) Mcasteel 2112 thanks for making us feel at home, you were a gracious host, you guys really put together a nice event and even with a little bit of bad weather there was a great turn-out, to the organizers
of this event : great job!!guys boing to bed now

well i'm back home and i'm still very sleepy, but it was a great! show and the weather was great! i meet some great guys and saw some awesome cars and got some great ideas from some ( thanx wayne , always good to info from a guy who's been there done that and is not afraid to show or help his fellow buick brother ) Mcasteel 2112 thanks for making us feel at home, you were a gracious host, you guys really put together a nice event and even with a little bit of bad weather there was a great turn-out, to the organizers
of this event : great job!!guys boing to bed now

Some real sweet rides, Tommyguns car is sweet although didnt get to meet him, I didnt know it was his car untill I made the connection with the tinted headlight covers..clean car, got pics of it though.

NoNos and CrzyQ.. couldnt meet a nicer bunch with Nos's family there as well.
Garrett and his bud came in with a real nice Med Red T...very original.. dont see that color ...ever

its an honor to to be in the same company as the people that were there with a passion and the paitence for these cars... Ive been involved with a few corvette clubs during my years of ownership but these folks that were there yesteray are in a class by themselves

I had a great time at the show talking with old friends , meeting new ones , and hanging with my peeps from Miami . I was already in Orlando to visit Mickey for the wife's B-day which just happened to be a couple days before the show so I figured bring the car and stay an extra day :D worked out perfect. I might have to put this show on my annual Buick event list.

Attachments

• Old Town 2009.JPG
    Old Town 2009.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 151
the feeling is mutual steel, :smile: , i also want to thank GAShan, who was kind enough to lend me his car trailer, thanx bud. great sunday can't wait till next year.

the feeling is mutual steel, :smile: ,

LOL Its Casteel but close enough... We have our family tree dating back to my 39th GGrandfather but my 33rd GGrand father was......(see below) I dont know how Castile turned into Casteel also Castillo..but were all the same blood.... brother:wink:

Ferdinand II González (930–970) was the first independent count of Castile, son of Gonzalo Fernández de Lara, who had been named count of Arlanza and the Duero around the year 900, a descendant of Nuño Rasura, one of the two judges from Castile, and of Rodrigo, the first of the counts from Castile.

Ferdinand González was a colourful character of legendary status in Iberia and a member of the influential Lara family. In the year 930, Ferdinand's name appears with the title of count inside the administrative organization of eastern the Kingdom of León.

He grew up in the castle of Lara and inherited his father's title after the capture and death of his brother, Nuño Fernández.

In 931, Ferdinand gathered under his control a strong military force composed of troops from the counties of Burgos, Asturias, Santillana, Lantaron, Álava, Castile, and Lara. His military prowess came to prominence in the Battle of Simancas in 939 and then at Sepulveda, where he wrested the region from the Moors and repopulated it. As his power increased, so did his independence from León. During this period he married Sancha, the sister of the king of Navarre, García III. Sancha was a daughter of Sancho I of Pamplona, and Toda of Navarre.

After having fought with Ramiro II of León against the Arabs, and after the Battle of Simancas and the retreat of the Muslims, Ferdinand was dissatisfied because the king of León distributed his troops in the frontier towns and he rose in rebellion against him. He was, however, defeated and made prisoner in 944, which lasted for 3 years until he became reconciled with his sovereign, giving his daughter Urraca in marriage to the king's son, Ordoño, who afterwards became King Ordoño III.

Notwithstanding this alliance, Ferdinand continued to foment trouble and discord in León, aiming to secure his independence. He successively aided Sancho I against his brother Ordoño III, and Ordoño IV, son of Alfonso IV, against Sancho himself.

Upon the death of Ramiro II of Leon in 951, the kingdom of León experienced a dynastic crisis that Ferdinand played out to his advantage.

Initially he supported the demands of Sancho I against his brother Ordoño III, but when he failed, he was forced to recognize Ordoño as king. Ordoño III's early death allowed Ferdinand to recover his maneuvering capacity, although in this occasion he didn't support his old ally, Sancho's, pretenses, but rather allied himself with the son of Alfonso IV, Ordoño IV. Defeated in 960 through Navarrese intervention, he was captured by King García of Navarre, but he recovered his freedom after making various territorial concessions. With the kingdom of León weakened and in disorder, Ferdinand slowly assured his position as legitimate independent count of Castile.

After his death the county was left to his son García Fernández. His remains were buried in the monastery of San Pedro of Arlanza.

His life and feats are recorded in an anonymous poem, The Poem of Fernán González, written between 1250 and 1271 and conserved as an incomplete copy from the fifteenth century.

wow ! that's some history. i know it's casteel, ( steel, just sounds so cool :biggrin: ) you have a historic family tree, did you trace your family's history yourself? Kings and Counts, that is a rich and noble family tree you have, very intresting.

wow ! that's some history. i know it's casteel, ( steel, just sounds so cool :biggrin: ) you have a historic family tree, did you trace your family's history yourself? Kings and Counts, that is a rich and noble family tree you have, very intresting.

Thats what I thought cuz I heard ya say casteel..lol
we have about 2000 live members on site called GENI.com so its takin every bit of all of us for research

i know it's casteel, ( steel, just sounds so cool :biggrin: )

Don't tell anybody but Mike is the original Red Headed Step Child. His nickname was Rusty. In his younger years he was a pro wrestler and toured the country under the moniker "Rusty Steel".:p