Turbo Thunder 2009

Tt '09

So, TT '09 is at Pacific Raceway this year. I would like to attend if my head gaskets stay in place long enough to see July :biggrin: But, is this thing open to any turbo powered vehicle or only Buick powered vehicles? I have a friend (no, really) who owns a twin turbo Mustang who I'd like to invite, so I want to be sure...

In the past, ANY turbocharged American powered car. There was some talk about forgien cars, too, but Gene will have to chime in. Your "friend" (though we know he/she is really your nemisis) is welcome. (unless he has a turbocharged VTEC in it.:eek: )

it better be open to any american turbo car ......if not ill have to beat on genos cheap again......i dont think he wants that though:wink:

So do I register the day of the event? Is there any extra fee beyond the raceway's? And which day is it? Friday or Saturday?

you pay your gate fee to the track and then you pay at the turbo thunder table (genes rv) that money goes into the prize pool!!!

yes updates please, already made res. might bring the Buick Skyhawk Turbo
to race, it would be different for sure, and it is for sale if anyone cares,
1,000.00 and low miles with very crappy paint.

Ron

TT '09 Camping

They said no problem

So, where do you camp? Right next to your vehicle in the pits? Nothing like the smell of C16 in the morning to get you going...

I haven't seen TT mentioned on their website, either. Maybe it's more like Turbo Soft Rain Shower '09.

yes updates please, already made res. might bring the Buick Skyhawk Turbo
to race, it would be different for sure, and it is for sale if anyone cares,
1,000.00 and low miles with very crappy paint.

Ron

What year and how many miles?

1987 with about 83-84K miles, there is a few pics in the cars for sale section,
May is coming with and really does not want too drive in the old truck, prolly just bring the G8 and hang with you guys

Not going to make it up to hang out with y'all this year. No excuses...just didn't make it happen. I hope all goes well with the first ever Turbo Thunder in Seattle. Seattles surface is better than any of the other Turbo Thunder events...everybody should be able to haul ass.

Good luck!

So How did it go? Anyone have pictures or vids?

Small event, but lots of fun. Only about 12 racers this year. Only one out of-Washington racer participated I believe. Lost the typhoon guys because of tech inspection troubles and Roland's syclone due to mechanical problems. Josh ran his 15 second turd just to try to steal a couple of bucks:biggrin: Geez, I think his turbo flatbed could run faster.

Dennis mopped us up and took home the pot of gold and big trophy. Not bad for running a T-type that is new to him. Nice high 10 second runs. Gene kept nailing 10.0x runs and flirting with trouble. I "accidentally" ran a 11.3 without a rollbar during test 'n tune and shaved it close during eliminations running 11.51 and 11.55. Just couldn't slow down SINISTR enough now that the MT DR's are grippin' & rippin' 1.56 sixty footers - YES!!!!! Wow, launching 5# or more of boost is a whole new world that daddy likes:cool:

Turbo Thunder X was a fun event again, thanks to Gene! Plenty of sponsorship money, cool t-shirts etc. Perhaps the venue location or economy reduced the number of racers this year to a record low.

Maybe we should do a poll to see which location racers prefer to race at to hopefully increase participation. I'm flexible to race most anywhere in the PNW. Hope Turbo Thunder continues because I sure look forward to it every year.