Turbo Thunder 2009

I TRIED....REALLY tried to make it. (though I was there to spectate) The twin turbo car was started for the first time on a F.A.S.T. system at about 11:30am. It started on the first try with 83lb. injectors. I drove it around the "loop" and it ran OK, but had a serious detonation issue, so i returned home and pumped all the fuel out of the tank. Then added new 92 fuel, and started running through a safety check and there were some chassis electrical issues that I MUST have to drive at night. By 2:30pm, it just wasn't going to be. So, I cleaned up and drove the P/U, just to be there. Good to see those that were there. Met a few folks I have never met, too.
I know, I know.............Isn't that the same story as last year? Yep, it is. After THRASHING to get Dennis' engine built, and working over 160 hours of O.T. last quarter, I had NO plans on running at TT. Then I thought about it and thought I had a pretty fair shot at making it.
One thing that did concern me about TT, though, was that there was a VERY low turn out for the regular racers at Pacific Raceway. Two years ago, there were 30-50 dragsters on any given race day. Saturday, there was only TWO dragsters racing in the normal bracket race. THAT concerns me. There would usually be 300+ cars racing on any given bracket night. If we all don't get to the track and race, they will be forced to shut it down. I was told on Saturday, that there is such a low turn out on any given day, that they have finished eliminations by 8:30pm and sent everyone home. I will do my best to get some track time in, soon. It would be nice to get 15-20 passes in just to learn the new FAST system. LEts all get together and race as often as we can. (my work schedule will keep me from racing too much, though.)

Dan, I think my tow truck might have been faster with the T-type on the bed!:D I still had fun and boy is my T getting tired. Was happy to meet a few new people and see all the usual suspects again!:)

Gene still puts together a nice event even though he has a full plate trying to get his race car done, work, and everyone else's cars he works on.
Dennis sure can cut a light and will be hard to beat in any bracket race. Cutting a .0? is tough to beat. Who says you cant bracket race a turbo car?

Cool event loved seeing all the turbo buicks lined up :). I took video but I can't link it here so just search Turbo Thunder 2009 @ Pacific Raceways on youtube.