Turbo Thunder 2010

TurboSlacker

SINISTR
Gene, we know you're consumed with building the greatest GN race car in the PNW but have you nailed down exact dates for Turbo Thunder this year?

Pacific Raceways or Bremerton or ??

Hey Dan!

Long time no see my friend. WOW, you've really done a lot to you car since I saw you last. Hmm, who have you been getting all your parts from? ;)

Anyways, I cant wait to be back home with my new car. I plan on being at this TT for sure.

Bill

PS....anyone hear from Frank?

Hey Bill,
Ya the "10 year" plan is now complete. 11 sec car is plenty quick on the street, quick enough at the track to enjoy and be competitive while not breaking stuff all the time. Right on the edge of fun yet reliable. It's been a great car and still really enjoy tweaking it a little at a time, hit the track once a year, a couple car shows, take the kids out for a donut run. Good times!

Congrats on your find. I'm sure I'll see it soon. Maybe we can get some guys to show up at Clearview McDonalds on Saturdays. That's the hang out place in the Northend these days for car guys. Burgermaster doesn't want us anymore.

What's your goals and mods planned for your new T?

What's your goals and mods planned for your new T?

Mid-10's on pump gas.... :wink:

Its got most of the stuff I need already, just a few changes and some tuning should get me there. The thing is, Im not putting a bar in this one so Im planning on getting the boot. :cool:

Too bad about BurgerMaster....at least Clearview McDonalds is closer to home.

I hope to be back home in a month or so and will keep you posted.

Bill

Dan - To help you out - I'll keep the North County Crack House of Buick Parts and Accessories "open" for you till after T-T this summer. :D

After that you'll have to quit cold-turkey. ;)

Mike

Dan - To help you out - I'll keep the North County Crack House of Buick Parts and Accessories "open" for you till after T-T this summer. :D

After that you'll have to quit cold-turkey. ;)

Mike

Are you nuts? You've been my life supply for years now. I don't know what I will do if you actually resurrect your GN after the long, lost decade.

Hoping I can be there with this.... :cool:

Attachments

• TB.COM Nationals 020.jpg
    TB.COM Nationals 020.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 594
Ive talked to Chris the manager at Seattle a few times and i cant get the guy to give me a date:mad::mad::mad: He said all we have to choose from is a saturday nite with no friday test and tune..Im about fedup with him and he NEVER calls me back.I just tryed to call him and nobody answers the phone:mad: I will try again next week and if i dont get a date from him im going to try to get a date at Bremerton..

Another reason I hate going to Pacific Raceways. They have never gotten their management in order. No such thing as customer service with those losers.

Love to go back to Bremerton.

Another reason I hate going to Pacific Raceways. They have never gotten their management in order. No such thing as customer service with those losers.

Love to go back to Bremerton.
Its just that the Jersey Barriers are so far off to the side of the track (With grass between the Jersey Barriers and the track);) The faster cars wont run at that track because of the room there is to get a right angle to the wall and hit it straight on .. Also if your chute doesnt come out and you have to use all brakes you better be able to go through the gate thats 8 feet wide at the end of the track that sends you out onto a active runway:eek:The year before last a guy hit the fence on a bike because they didnt open the gate. Its a pretty short shut down area. The Top dragster and Top comp guys only run half track when they go there..

Its just that the Jersey Barriers are so far off to the side of the track (With grass between the Jersey Barriers and the track);) The faster cars wont run at that track because of the room there is to get a right angle to the wall and hit it straight on .. Also if your chute doesnt come out and you have to use all brakes you better be able to go through the gate thats 8 feet wide at the end of the track that sends you out onto a active runway:eek:The year before last a guy hit the fence on a bike because they didnt open the gate. Its a pretty short shut down area. The Top dragster and Top comp guys only run half track when they go there..

How about bringing the race back to Woodburn? Just curious :biggrin:

If that means you will be there and are asking to bring it back to Woodburn im all for it:cool: After all you and Dave started this:cool:

Woodburn

X2 for Woodburn (my backyard). They have 5 or 6 camping weedends scheduled this year and a few Fri, Sat, Sun weekends. You can check their schedule at Welcome to Woodburn Dragstrip . Don't know who their contact person is though

If that means you will be there and are asking to bring it back to Woodburn im all for it:cool: After all you and Dave started this:cool:

Saturday July 17th we have a Headsup Northwest race scheduled at Woodburn......we could possibly put them together on the same day. Maybe some of the first round losers in the Buick deal could run in our program.

There is a Friday Night Fun Drags scheduled the night before with the Mopar Nationals falling the Sunday after.

Just thinking out loud :smile:

Let me know what you think and I could check with Woodburn :wink:

Also as a side note a good friend if mine has been saying he might put up $5000.00 to the winner of a headsup class. Any car or truck with a turbo no rules:D So a track like Woodburn would be a safer place than Bremerton..