Turbo Thunder 2010

Me too cuz I already sold half the sh!t off my car to finance the E85 build!:eek:

Hey Guys! Turbo Thunder is definitely a GO at Woodburn this year. We haven't set a final date yet. There's been talk about the 16th and 17th out there, but it might end up being that next weekend (23rd/24th). Gene or I will post on here when we get it finally decided - hopefully within a few days!

See ya soon!
Jason

Okay - I just got off the phone with the track manager at Woodburn (also named Gene). We're booked in for 7/23 and 7/24 for those of you making advance plans. T&T will start Friday (currently at 3p) and camping all weekend is fine. There are some nice complementary events that weekend - the GM showdown and their normal Sunoco series, so there will be plenty of races!

I'm still working with them to get our folks the best deal on price for the weekend. The more the merrier, so spread the word! Keep watching this space for updates!

I sure wish one of you guys or gals in the Portland, Seattle area could help me find a set of decent T-type wheels. Any help?? Bruce

Okay - I just got off the phone with the track manager at Woodburn (also named Gene). We're booked in for 7/23 and 7/24 for those of you making advance plans. T&T will start Friday (currently at 3p) and camping all weekend is fine. There are some nice complementary events that weekend - the GM showdown and their normal Sunoco series, so there will be plenty of races!

I'm still working with them to get our folks the best deal on price for the weekend. The more the merrier, so spread the word! Keep watching this space for updates!

Thanks for nailing this down for all of us!
Really looking forward to this event once again. I'm kinda excited its back at Woodburn. Even though its a longer drive for me, it's the original Turbo Thunder track.

I sure wish one of you guys or gals in the Portland, Seattle area could help me find a set of decent T-type wheels. Any help?? Bruce

Well...define decent:D

I've got the original wheels off my 84 GN, if I remember right two of em are in good shape and two of em have a curb gouge.

They're the black ones, I guess it depends on what color your car is...:)

The wheels I want are the 86-87 type. No color, just the alloy. As for decent, scratches are ok but gouges or chunks gone is not ok. hobbyf7 had some advertised in April but when I got pictures from him, they were a little rougher than I wanted.

I just sold a set but i think i have 2 more?
I will look around for them and maybe between me and WFO we can hook you up:biggrin:

Turbo Thunder XI Information

We've created an information page for Turbo Thunder XI here: Turbo Thunder XI | GN Northwest

That page will have all of the most up-to-date information about schedule, pricing, classes, restrictions, pricing, and prizes - check back often!

A couple of exciting things to announce:
  • In addition to the usual Turbo Pro and Top Turbo ET brackets, we'll be hosting a SUPER TURBO heads up race this year. This class will be open to ALL TURBOCHARGED VEHICLES, regardless of make and model, with a 9.99 or faster ET.
  • We'll also be hosting a Turbo 6 Open ET bracket open to any street-legal (DOT tire) factory turbo 6 cylinder - import or domestic!

As usual, our Turbo Pro and Top Turbo ET brackets will be domestic turbocharged vehicles only.

We're excited to see you all at TT this year! We'd love a huge turnout, so please help us spread the word! Also, we're still accepting sponsors for the event, so if you would like to support the Turbo Buick community and get your logo on a bunch of great TTXI merchandise, shoot us an email at info@gnnorthwest.com!

Pir

Wednesday night went racing at Portland International Raceway (PIR) 1/8th mile ET brackets. Won my first round and in the second round was matched up against a red Mustang. We introduced ourselves ahead of time and he said "I'm Gene Bergstrom, I'm the Director down at Woodburn". We chatted for a while and I told him that the turnout for Turbo Thunder in July was looking pretty good and that someone had even started a web site to promote it. He was quite impressed and said he was really looking forward to it. He said "boy some of those cars go like hell!" Told him I hope some of those will show up then we shook hands and wished each other good luck. He seemed like a really great guy and genuinely interested in our cars.

Oh, the race.....he beat me, I red lighted:mad:

Wednesday night went racing at Portland International Raceway (PIR) 1/8th mile ET brackets. Won my first round and in the second round was matched up against a red Mustang. We introduced ourselves ahead of time and he said "I'm Gene Bergstrom, I'm the Director down at Woodburn". We chatted for a while and I told him that the turnout for Turbo Thunder in July was looking pretty good and that someone had even started a web site to promote it. He was quite impressed and said he was really looking forward to it. He said "boy some of those cars go like hell!" Told him I hope some of those will show up then we shook hands and wished each other good luck. He seemed like a really great guy and genuinely interested in our cars.

Oh, the race.....he beat me, I red lighted:mad:

haha, tough break Cliff. Look forward to meeting you there.

Bill

TTXI is almost here!! If you haven't had the chance yet, check out our TTXI videos on the homepage of gnnorthwest.com!

I confirmed with Woodburn track management again today that everything is in order for our event. If you're coming for both Friday and Saturday, make sure to let them know you're with Turbo Thunder at the gate so they can give you the special 2-day rate and wristbands.

Gates open at 3p on Friday! For those of you camping, we'll have a special Turbo Thunder area reserved.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at Woodburn this weekend!!

TTXI is almost here!! If you haven't had the chance yet, check out our TTXI videos on the homepage of gnnorthwest.com!

I confirmed with Woodburn track management again today that everything is in order for our event. If you're coming for both Friday and Saturday, make sure to let them know you're with Turbo Thunder at the gate so they can give you the special 2-day rate and wristbands.

Gates open at 3p on Friday! For those of you camping, we'll have a special Turbo Thunder area reserved.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at Woodburn this weekend!!

What time are they opening the gate saturday morning?