Turbo Thunder Info

geno

9sec 17MPG Street Car
Staff member
I talked to the Barbra at Bremerton today :) They have no problem with hosting our event. The best dates we could come up with right now is July 7/8/9 witch is a import race weekend,July 14/15/16 witch is a All Ford weekend.She is going to send me a schedule and we can do a pole and see what works best for people. Im going to need some help creating a web page for our event that i will host on my shops web site.I would like to kick it up a notch this year :cool:Im trying to get Dal to come with his 6 sec 200 mph Mustang and a few other fast guys i know :eek:

I like either of those weekends. Yeah, I agree we need to put the bug in the fast guys heads that they have to come out this year! and maybe invite the Turbo truck clubs too. Once we all decide on a date we can hit everyone up to mark it on their calenders! :)

I'm fine with either weekend. Having either a bunch of imports or Fords around would be entertaining. Import guys love turbos and the Ford guys would love the fast turbocharged mustangs.

With a website and everyone talking it up, I think this event could be very popular and stir up a lot of interest for years to come!

My mods are done already, so I'm ready to go :biggrin:

Josh,
I know you ran 120mph at Bremerton BOP. Why haven't you updated your sig?

TurboSlacker said:
I'm fine with either weekend. Having either a bunch of imports or Fords around would be entertaining. Import guys love turbos and the Ford guys would love the fast turbocharged mustangs.

With a website and everyone talking it up, I think this event could be very popular and stir up a lot of interest for years to come!

My mods are done already, so I'm ready to go :biggrin:

Josh,
I know you ran 120mph at Bremerton BOP. Why haven't you updated your sig?
Good question. I'll have to dig up the time slip and update that! Whar recent mods did you do, I'm shakin' in my boots over here! :rolleyes: :D

I dunno... the thought of dozens of late model diesel pickup trucks belching black smoke and backing over our cars just doesn't do it for me ... If we are going to water down the event with trucks then I'd rather have the Lightning club come out cause even though they are not turbo at least the burn gas are way cooler IMO :smile:

I would rather race with/against the Fords than the imports.....

Watching all of those Supras in Vegas run 13.2 @ 127 mph and all the popping and farting was extremely painful :rolleyes: :mad:

Also, I know for sure I'll be out of town on business in July from teh 8th - 11th for a tradeshow :mad:

Let me know how it works out. If the work schedule allows, I'll be there regardless of the date. It was alot of fun this year and I'm glad I went.

JP87GN said:
Good question. I'll have to dig up the time slip and update that! Whar recent mods did you do, I'm shakin' in my boots over here! :rolleyes: :D

I just waxed it again, so the reduced drag should be good for another 2mph ;) Actually I installed a PTE stock location intercooler. I also now have Directscan for tuning. Dreaming of a bigger turbo but I'm holding off until I go for a higher stall torque converter. Still on target with my 10 year modification plan :cool:

Ya, I'm not so sure about those Turbo Diesel Truck guys. One was kind of a jerk to me and the whole turbo thunder gang. Oh well, I'm open to all kinds of fast cars & trucks as long as the drivers have class.

July 14 Street legals and Test and Tune
July 15 24th Annual All Ford Drags& Car Show/Jr Dragsters
July 16 Summit E.T. Series/Land Of The Leaders Challenge #3

This is off the new schedule and is subject to change as always :rolleyes:
I will be putting info for Turbo Thunder on my shop web page.

TurboSlacker said:
I
Ya, I'm not so sure about those Turbo Diesel Truck guys. One was kind of a jerk to me and the whole turbo thunder gang. Oh well, I'm open to all kinds of fast cars & trucks as long as the drivers have class.

I had to drag the winner or last years race out of the beer garden because he was holding up the program.We all had to wait at Daves RV until he show up for the trophy :rolleyes:

I personally would rather it be on the Ford weekend if it's still open for debate. I'm mostly just glad we're not going to do it the last weekend since aparently now that weekend is spoken for.

Adam

The Ford weekend is the one im going for :) I will confirm this next week

rastaz said:
I dunno... the thought of dozens of late model diesel pickup trucks belching black smoke and backing over our cars just doesn't do it for me ... If we are going to water down the event with trucks then I'd rather have the Lightning club come out cause even though they are not turbo at least the burn gas are way cooler IMO :smile:

You have a point but not the Lightnings with Supercharger or we would have to let other Superchargered stuff in to be fair.You have seen the white Dodge that runs 10.0 thats local? If we kick out the diesel pickups after one winning last year it might look like we got are butts kicked by a truck and dont want one back.Your right i sure dont want a bunch diesel trucks over shadowing our Buick based event :(What about diesel trucks with slicks only and it would cut out most of the street trucks if any at all would show????
Just a thought :confused:

Either way doesn't matter to me! I say we invite them all and send em home early! :rolleyes: :D

I work with a guy that's part of the NHRDA (that's the deisel racing group) and is upset that that guy is what made a lasting impression on us. He assured me that most of the guys are cool and fun to hang around. He even knew the guys name before I even looked it up on the TT standings. All I had to say was the guy was racing a dodge at Woodburn and most people thought he was a d!ck and he named him right away. Maybe it'd be cool to break them into a different class and have the winner of that class go up against the winner of the other classes. Even though there's a lot of smoke :rolleyes: it's kinda cool to see a 6600 pound fullsize truck run 12.5s. :cool:

Adam

HYBRIDT said:
I work with a guy that's part of the NHRDA (that's the deisel racing group) and is upset that that guy is what made a lasting impression on us. He assured me that most of the guys are cool and fun to hang around. He even knew the guys name before I even looked it up on the TT standings. All I had to say was the guy was racing a dodge at Woodburn and most people thought he was a d!ck and he named him right away. Maybe it'd be cool to break them into a different class and have the winner of that class go up against the winner of the other classes. Even though there's a lot of smoke :rolleyes: it's kinda cool to see a 6600 pound fullsize truck run 12.5s. :cool:

Adam

That guy in Woodburn was a f**king prick wasn't he? Didn't hang out with the group all weekend, delayed the awards presentation cause he wanted to drink with his buddies, then took the money and ran :mad:

I like Adam's idea of a truck class with the winner of each then racing just for fun/bragging rights for their respective camp... :)

rastaz said:
That guy in Woodburn was a f**king prick wasn't he? Didn't hang out with the group all weekend, delayed the awards presentation cause he wanted to drink with his buddies, then took the money and ran :mad:

I like Adam's idea of a truck class with the winner of each then racing just for fun/bragging rights for their respective camp... :)

And to think that I just missed knock his butt out of the race. I had him by one car length at the finish line but I broke out by only .02 sec :mad: Guess I should have fendered him tighter. Afterwards I congratulated him and he just scoffed and cockily said, "that's racing." :rolleyes: Oh well, at least I knocked out the other turbo diesel truck, but he was a nice guy - bummer.

I'm all for a separate truck class. Would that mean the Syclones and Typhoons would run with the Turbo Diesels?

If you guys want to race with the Lightning guys I can arrange that and I promise we are not a bunch of ass holes......well....we are....but in a nice way :biggrin:

I really hope to have my turbo Lightning done by then.
Dale

rastaz said:

Rob you're still hurting from that spanking you got from the 7000 pound Cummins?

Good to see some traffic about TT7. Something tells me Geno WILL be able to kick it up a notch!