***UPDATE ON "FEAR" STAGE II w/PT-91 Turbo

NCTURBOS said:
I see that as well, but all that does is complete the "loop" back to the "Y" down below the alternator.

So those (2) lines that come off that "Y" to both sides of the rail are feed lines correct? Or does the "Y" have some kind of check valve in to force the fuel feed to one side of the rail, and then return back the other side??

K.

Yep.......See the feed lines on both sides, and the Regulator....but No return line :confused:

Normaly if fuel is fed to front/both sides of rail, the Reg & Return would be at the rear of the rails :)

Am I also missing something :confused:

I seriously doubt it is fully complete because I think they would have a heck of a leak without that upper radiator hose, and the connection is not made between the rails at the back of the intake for the x-over :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I am fairly confident Chris knows how to plumb a fuel system.

EightSecV6 said:
I seriously doubt it is fully complete because I think they would have a heck of a leak without that upper radiator hose, and the connection is not made between the rails at the back of the intake for the x-over :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I am fairly confident Chris knows how to plumb a fuel system.

That's why I was asking, 'cause I don't know. So typically there would be another "Y" or "T" on the crossover at the rear of the rails for the return line, correct?

K.

NCTURBOS said:
That's why I was asking, 'cause I don't know. So typically there would be another "Y" or "T" on the crossover at the rear of the rails for the return line, correct?

K.

Yes, there will be a hose at the rear connecting the fuel rails (no Y or T, just a straight piece of hose) and there will be a hose coming out of the bottom of the regulator that returns back to the tank/cell. The regulator is essentially at the END of the system and it will maintain pressure equally on the entire rail.

Nice looking piece by the way :biggrin:

Ok, now I get it!! :rolleyes: Told you it was a dumb question... :) I didn't see any return line coming out of the bottom of the regulator so I figured it didn't have a port there.

Has anyone run the stock oem rail like this? Say in a high HP application??

K.

EightSecV6 said:
Yes, there will be a hose at the rear connecting the fuel rails (no Y or T, just a straight piece of hose) and there will be a hose coming out of the bottom of the regulator that returns back to the tank/cell. The regulator is essentially at the END of the system and it will maintain pressure equally on the entire rail.

Nice looking piece by the way :biggrin:

DING, DING, DING ! ! ! And Billy is the winner. Johnny, Tell him what he's won. :D :p :D Just Kidding.

Billy is correct. There is a -6 fitting on the bottom of the reg. that will be used for the return (not in pic) The project still has several little things in "MOCK-UP" mode. (return line/rad hose/ect.) Hope to have completed pic next week. :)

Quint,
Tried to PM you but something screwed up. Just wanted to let you know that we finaly got the new stand alone BS3 harness installed in your car. It took a little longer then I hade hoped, but was short handed taday. We also fired it up tonight. "FEAR Is Alive" And man it sounds wicked. :eek: Now you can go to sleep with a smile on your face. :D Give me a call at the shop tomarrow.
CC

BAGN said:
Quint,
Tried to PM you but something screwed up. Just wanted to let you know that we finaly got the new stand alone BS3 harness installed in your car. It took a little longer then I hade hoped, but was short handed taday. We also fired it up tonight. "FEAR Is Alive" And man it sounds wicked. :eek: Now you can go to sleep with a smile on your face. :D Give me a call at the shop tomarrow.
CC

CC,

I no sound clips for us??? :(
I am dying to know what RPM this will start making boost!!!

BAGN said:
Quint,
CC
Damn Nice Chris, thanks for the info, I wil call you tomorrow and yea John, I wants sound clip and dyno Vid, thanks :cool: :smile: :smile:

John Wilde said:
Gee thanks Chris, 3000RPM and no spool!!! ;) :biggrin: :eek:

CHIIIIIIIISHHHHHHH,CHIIIIIISHHHHHHHHH ! :eek: Thats me purging the NOS! :D What'cha wanna do????? :D

So we ganna see her at bg?? I think you said no earlier due to not haveing it done intime, but it seems that time is on your side now.

John Wilde said:
Is that really true???

If I told Ya, I have to kill ya! Just kidding. Should know in a couple of days if were gonna need the little blue pill ( I heard it helps you get it up ) I mean the blue bottle. Ya, Thats what I ment. :D

Nitrous IMHO only does one thing well, spool a turbo that is entirely too large. I have a buddy in town running a GT47-88 with a 1.01 hot side on a standard 3.0 Liter Supra (obviously with good parts) and we spool it just fine with a 125 shot. Feels like a supercharged V-8 when you spray it, instant boost. Car also has a TH400 and a super tight converter stalls aproximately 2800-3000 all motor, but flashes to 5800-6000 on the 125 shot and 32 PSI. We use a window switch (VERY IMPORTANT) and start to spray at 3000 via a button on the steering wheel and kill the juice at 6500, well back of the 8800 rev limit. Granted this is pretty much a race car but works very well at the track. Car runs high 1.4 to low 1.5 60's on the factory IRS. Car is an absolute pig on the street though, a good 12 sec camaro walks you about 10 cars before full boost in first gear. Just my thoughts on the bottle and a turbo too big. BTW, car runs low low 9's on a consitent basis, Drew

65vette396 said:
Nitrous IMHO only does one thing well, spool a turbo that is entirely too large. I have a buddy in town running a GT47-88 with a 1.01 hot side on a standard 3.0 Liter Supra (obviously with good parts) and we spool it just fine with a 125 shot. Feels like a supercharged V-8 when you spray it, instant boost. Car also has a TH400 and a super tight converter stalls aproximately 2800-3000 all motor, but flashes to 5800-6000 on the 125 shot and 32 PSI. We use a window switch (VERY IMPORTANT) and start to spray at 3000 via a button on the steering wheel and kill the juice at 6500, well back of the 8800 rev limit. Granted this is pretty much a race car but works very well at the track. Car runs high 1.4 to low 1.5 60's on the factory IRS. Car is an absolute pig on the street though, a good 12 sec camaro walks you about 10 cars before full boost in first gear. Just my thoughts on the bottle and a turbo too big. BTW, car runs low low 9's on a consitent basis, Drew
yes, thats true in most cases with a Turbo to big, just to get it to boost on the line lock. We shall see if its needed, or if jsut giong with a bigger stall will do it.

85HOT-T said:
So we ganna see her at bg?? I think you said no earlier due to not haveing it done intime, but it seems that time is on your side now.
hey 85hot-t, I will not be at the BG this year. Just not in the cards for me with so little time left, prior to receiving "Fear" back. Definitly next year though, with the assist of Conleys Performance :cool:

that has got to be the mother of all turbo's, what i would like to know is

what type of turbo is that :confused:

who sells it :confused:

and where can i get one :biggrin: , i know thats way bigger than the 72 i plan on buying. I would love to see that THING! take off :biggrin: