***UPDATE ON "FEAR" STAGE II w/PT-91 Turbo

Quint said:
hey 85hot-t, I will not be at the BG this year. Just not in the cards for me with so little time left, prior to receiving "Fear" back. Definitly next year though, with the assist of Conleys Performance :cool:

sorry to hear that. Ill look forward to see her run next year.

no-nos said:
what type of turbo is that :confused:

who sells it :confused:

It is a 91mm Turbo. It is one of the spare Turbo's off of Lawrence Conley's Twaeked 2. (Twin Turbo Big Block Camaro 6.55 @ 215 :eek: )

Conley's Performance Plus sells them. :D

BAGN said:
It is a 91mm Turbo. It is one of the spare Turbo's off of Lawrence Conley's Twaeked 2. (Twin Turbo Big Block Camaro 6.55 @ 215 :eek: )

Conley's Performance Plus sells them. :D

tanks :D ,

Quint said:
yes, thats true in most cases with a Turbo to big, just to get it to boost on the line lock. We shall see if its needed, or if jsut giong with a bigger stall will do it.

I personally wouldn't loosen up the converter to get it to spool. I would run the tighter converter and spray it out of the hole. We tried the looser converter deal in that supra and couldn't get it right, when it would spool on the transbrake it would blow through the converter on full boost i.e. one way trip to the rev limiter. The buick may be diff. though as these motors actually make some power/torque without the turbo. That supra made like 130 or so rwhp and roughly that torque until the turbo would spool and then it went to roughly 1000 rwhp and almost 800 rwtq. within the next 1000 rpm's. Needless to say if you ran a loose enough converter to get it to spool it was way to loose on full boost. Run a tight converter and spray it out of the hole. Not to mention you will pick up much more trap speed with the tight converter. Just my opinion once again though, Drew

65vette396 said:
I personally wouldn't loosen up the converter to get it to spool. I would run the tighter converter and spray it out of the hole. We tried the looser converter deal in that supra and couldn't get it right, when it would spool on the transbrake it would blow through the converter on full boost i.e. one way trip to the rev limiter. The buick may be diff. though as these motors actually make some power/torque without the turbo. That supra made like 130 or so rwhp and roughly that torque until the turbo would spool and then it went to roughly 1000 rwhp and almost 800 rwtq. within the next 1000 rpm's. Needless to say if you ran a loose enough converter to get it to spool it was way to loose on full boost. Run a tight converter and spray it out of the hole. Not to mention you will pick up much more trap speed with the tight converter. Just my opinion once again though, Drew
Hey Drew, thanks for the imput, Chris Im sure is reading this and he and Lwrence will more than likely say the same thing for exactly your reasons :D Im all about being as effecient as possible with this baby, you know. Thanks

Quint said:
Hey Drew, thanks for the imput, Chris Im sure is reading this and he and Lwrence will more than likely say the same thing for exactly your reasons :D Im all about being as effecient as possible with this baby, you know. Thanks

Not a problem man, always happy to share what I have learned from the parts I have broken lol. Chris and LC really know thier stuff as you and most everyone else on here knows as well. They actually originally built my stage motored car and did all the tuning and I must say, the combo. is absolutely fantastic. It has some parts on it that you would say, why would they go with something that small, that could never work. But the car is absolutely insane and works very well. I recently upset one of my customers with the car in a turbo'd mustang I built. His car is standard issue, 388 cu. in. 88 mm. turbo, roller motor, TH400, ect.. runs 9.40's - 9.50's on a consistent basis on 18-19 psi., went down to the little six on 21 psi. the other night ;)