Volt booster or not?

baby6

One Fast Buick
Debating on whether or not I want to order one, I would like to stay on the safe side with WOT voltage to the FP but don't want to fry anything...any input guys?

Also, Wastegate solenoid for a turbodiesel part # p/n 1997255 WG solenoid GM 98 K1500

would this work for our vehicles?

I recommend that everyone use a volt booster. It also sends more voltage to the ignition and injectors. That's a good thing.I like Red Armstrong's as it is boost activated instead of using the TPS circuit.

I have a Casper's unit on my car....no problems and the way I look at it, it's good insurance and a compliment to the hotwire.

too bad no one makes one for just the fuel pump, without having to buying the kenne bell boost a pump for $300.

too bad no one makes one for just the fuel pump, without having to buying the kenne bell boost a pump for $300.
I wouldn't want a boost a pump. It's $300.00 for one additional volt. As I said earlier,you want more voltage to the injectors and ignition. You get so much for so little with the volt booster.

I recommend that everyone use a volt booster. It also sends more voltage to the ignition and injectors. That's a good thing.I like Red Armstrong's as it is boost activated instead of using the TPS circuit.

x2,simple but effective.:cool:

Kevin

I apologize....didn't realize you were comparing it to a vb . :)
You don't need to apologize. I think the one volt is just one more reason to not spend the money on a Boost-a-Pump. I think MSD sells something that makes up to 20 volts to just the pump but it,also,wouldn't up the voltage to the computer and ignition. I really like more voltage to the injectors and ignition. More voltage is the goal when we hotwire the ignition or anything else on these cars. It's a good thing.

They only reason I haven't ordered one is because I read that they affect the voltage to the alky pump and I haven't been ready to throw yet another variable into the GRAND equation.

Run a variable regulator on the alternator and set the voltage for what you want. Tune around it and the car will be consistant. Any type of voltage booster seems like a band-aid fix but it is less expensive than a really good alternator with adjustable regulator as mentioned.

[quote="we4Mateo, Any type of voltage booster seems like a band-aid fix but it is less expensive than a really good alternator with adjustable regulator as mentioned.[/quote]

I've heard good and bad about volt boosters - still undecided - this quote from Richard Clark has me thinking though:
"personally i think volt boosters make a lot of sense but thats just my opinion-----with a couple extra volts most any pump will provide quite a bit more fuel and pressure----besides the pressure isn't regulated by the pump-----its the fuel pressure REGULATOR that does that job-------and since the volt booster only does its job when needed ie under boost or at high throttle the pump is running relaxed the rest of the time"

Where can I purchase a Red Armstrong volt booster ?

Does the Red Armstrong unit require cutting the regulator voltage wire? or is it plug-n-play?

thanks in advance

Does the Red Armstrong unit require cutting the regulator voltage wire? or is it plug-n-play?

thanks in advance
you can cut or splice into it, i spliced into it just in case something goes wrong with it down the road i can just plug the OE stuff back in and by-pass it.

i have had a VB on 3 of my cars for the past 10 years........never a problem and works great! as mentioned it is a great complement to a hot wire kit to the fuel pump!