Walbro Fuel Pump Update

I also have one that I bought around the same time, but I haven't fired it up yet. I have read from several sources that only a small percentage were bad, but that means squat if your's is one of them. I personally am going to give it a try, but I still need to get some of that in tank high pressure fuel hose to replace the pulsator.

Are these still an issue? We just got a new Walbro pump from a Vendor and it is a 169 as well. Should I even bother putting it in?

Look at the date code..

Mike worked with Walbro to figure out what was going wrong with these pumps and it was identified. Walbro took back pumps that were in the time frame of the suspected faulty manufacturing period. Walbro corrected the issue and are assuring us that there should be no more problems like what was happening.

Mike

Current production Walbro pumps are corrected and have been fine, only a small percentage of the original 169's had issues
Mike

Current production Walbro pumps are corrected and have been fine, only a small percentage of the original 169's had issues
Mike

Well the one I bought in JUNE of last Year from Cotton's is CERTAINLY one of them, and it's sitting in my garage, my FULL THROTTLE fuel fell off a Cliff, Very Low O2's and KNOCK, put the new one in last month(from Full Throttle) and PERFECT again Great O2's and ZERO knock at 25PSI and Solid 115mph 1/4's!!

I'm looking to get one of these but where?

I'm looking to get one of these can I get one off of ebay? I checked the part number here and on the ebay pumps and they are the same? How do I know what 255 hp pump to get and where? The one's on ebay are Fuel Pump Model #: F20000169 Fuel Pump Kit Model #: 400-1016 is this one an ok model or what?

There were some problems with them last year, but it is resolved now. The problems were with a particular date coded pump. Use the search feature and there's a ton of posts about it.

I'm looking to get one of these can I get one off of ebay? I checked the part number here and on the ebay pumps and they are the same? How do I know what 255 hp pump to get and where? The one's on ebay are Fuel Pump Model #: F20000169 Fuel Pump Kit Model #: 400-1016 is this one an ok model or what?

I am shooting you a PM. I have a brand new pump, the good style. A great price if you are interested.

Mike