Walbro Fuel Pump Update

Aloha guys, I am unfortunately in the same boat. I recently bought a NIB Walbro pump, installed it and after driving the car twice, it won't hold pressure. I bought it from another member, is there a course of action I should be taking? Thank you all.

Aloha guys, I am unfortunately in the same boat. I recently bought a NIB Walbro pump, installed it and after driving the car twice, it won't hold pressure. I bought it from another member, is there a course of action I should be taking? Thank you all.
I went to walbro site and contact them directly, I already sent my pump and just waiting IF they will replace it, thanks

Mike from Full Throttle has already done the "footwork" on fixing these problems.. maybe try calling him :cool: I think its pretty funny you guys think everything will last forever .. little hint..it doesn't.. If ya think you got screwed on your $100 pump do a Goggle search on Barry Grant fuel systems:p ..thank god winter season is almost over :cool:

My Replacement Pump

Purchased my F20000169 pump 03/06 from Mike Licht @ Full-Throttle (FT),
Installed 07/07,
Failed 09/08 (<5k miles),
Returned to Mike/FT 01/09 (along w/ copy of original receipt + failure explanation),

Rec'd Walbro "warranty replacement pump" from FT early 02/09 (still unopened box as I continue to use my Racetronics-modified Walbro GSS340M pump.

All's well here NOW...:D But,,,

?? ANYONE OUT THERE HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE YET with performance of the Walbro Warranty-Replacement Pump ??

What is the date code?

Date Code?

Sir, sorry, I haven't been able to drop the fuel tank as of yet. I'm assuming that it's stamped on the pump? Thanks for the reply. I've e-mailed Walbro directly, still waiting to see if they will respond.
Robbie.

Sir, sorry, I haven't been able to drop the fuel tank as of yet. I'm assuming that it's stamped on the pump? Thanks for the reply. I've e-mailed Walbro directly, still waiting to see if they will respond.
Robbie.

Robbie, unfortunately neither Mike nor Walbro can give you a meaningful response without you first providing them more information (date--like Mike asked for) , or send the pump to them...

Unfortunately #2, you have to 1st remove the pump to do either...and finally, #3--you'll be out-of-business/ running while this is being resolved--unless, of course, you purchase/install another pump in the mean-time...

Robbie, unfortunately neither Mike nor Walbro can give you a meaningful response without you first providing them more information (date--like Mike asked for) , or send the pump to them...

Unfortunately #2, you have to 1st remove the pump to do either...and finally, #3--you'll be out-of-business/ running while this is being resolved--unless, of course, you purchase/install another pump in the mean-time...

TurboMonte
Very true, I'll be calling Mike today to see if he has one on the shelf. Tired of seeing my GN sit there looking sad. :cool:

LOW O2's..

Well Another F20000169 bites the Dust, few weeks ago I noticed PRECIPITISLY
Low O2's...and the Pump also making some weird noises...I Bought this pump in 7/08 from Cotton's to Replace Another Bad Walpro..So I bought Another New Walpro from FT.... Of course now my o2's are Up there again where they were, and my pressure shoots Right to 68-70....So thats THREE (on the Third Now) Walpro pumps since 2007....

Well Another F20000169 bites the Dust, few weeks ago I noticed PRECIPITISLY
Low O2's...and the Pump also making some weird noises...I Bought this pump in 7/08 from Cotton's to Replace Another Bad Walpro..So I bought Another New Walpro from FT.... Of course now my o2's are Up there again where they were, and my pressure shoots Right to 68-70....So thats THREE (on the Third Now) Walpro pumps since 2007....

man i hope that not the case cause i purchase one from Jack at the beginning of the year:confused:I have about 600 miles on it

man i hope that not the case cause i purchased one at the beginning of the year:confused:I have about 600 miles on it

Well, for ME anyway this Third times a Charm, I just got back from the Track last night, and ZERO Knock or Retard, and o2's Right back Up there at 780's crossing the finish line at 115mph................. (12.223@114.9).....1.9560ft, I Know, I launch like a Grandma with my Stock Converter at 1psi or so...

purchased and installed may of 08 from Full Throttle,anyone have a pic of pump with everything attached before install. Called Full Throttle today and told me 4-15 was cutoff date for Walboro to warranty. Heck i don't even start driving till May 15th!!

My first F20000169 died last summer, so I bought another new one before I knew they had a problem. :mad: Recently, I started getting knock and sure enough, the new one can't keep up. I have a new replacement for the first one that failed, but now i'm permanently installing a fuel pressure gauge in my car. :)

Are these still an issue? We just got a new Walbro pump from a Vendor and it is a 169 as well. Should I even bother putting it in?