Well guys we took the plunge, three of us just bought in to the idea of Pro-efi

C'mon really? Are we really getting hostile over a after market computer system?

Lets stick to original post instead of comparing the two systems. Both are excellent products by excellent vendors. No need to start hurting each others egos and don't forget your tampon before leaving the thread ;)

Denny

New and better things come out every year. The reason I wen to X F I is buy the time I bought a new scanmaster, powerlogger, translator.mass air flow, ex c. For a little more saving I could get a better tuning system. I did not get mine from cal but if I need advice I will gladly pay for it. Anyways why I did is the tech x f I has. I have 3 people close to me that knows the system inside and out that is why I got It and I was alot of money for someone like me and my first build.I never expected to get that much less saving 2 or 3 k more. Some people has money to do whatever they want and some don't. Its all competition and a money game to say who has the best and who can spend the most.Results is all that matters urs truly tbone

I dislike when people mislead others like Cal has. .

Benny,

Personal attacks on a supporting vendor will not be tolerated.
As far as I know, no supporting vendor carries the ProEFI system so the management team has been very lenient with the direction of this thread.
Going forward talking about products offered by non supporting vendors will be extremely curtailed.

Don't forget about the individual cylinder knock control that ProEFI has. It monitors each knock window for cylinder just for the exact frequency of knock that it occurs at. That is determined by bore diameter and few other things etc. Then it retards just that cylinder. Once the knock has disappeared it returns the timing back in at your desired rate.

Not sure if any other system does that?

I personally hope this thread does not die. There is more information coming out about system capabilities then I've ever seen. Cal and his Fast systems are great...great isn't the right word though. Superb, excellent? That doesn't cover it either.

That being said censoring a new product not offered by a vendor kinda sucks. Especially when it seems to have great features. This board should be #1. Getting our cars to run at their best. #2 support the vendors that pay for the board.

I know it sounds stupid that number one isn't to support the board, but what is the purpose of the board? I thought it was to share experiences and to help people out. If the board doesn't support the main purpose first then what are we left with? An advertisement site? I thought this board was more than that. I thought it was about education first and profit second. I think new opportunities should always be able to be discussed freely without censorship. Are we still in America dang it? Ok, I've rambled enough.

In conclusion, please don't kick me off the board ;)

Why is this thread turning into a ecm dick measuring contest? Lol I'm waiting for some guy with a motec to come in and tell us we are all trash :p

Use whatever makes your car run good, reliable and fast and post the vids of it destroying the competition. I myself will be having my car wired up the second week of June and will be making plenty of vids all summer for those wanting to see some of the cool features ProEfi offers. Gotta live up to my liscense plate: LBS-V8S :)

Now lets get this thread back on track. Videos of Proefi in action?!?!

Ok we are all grown men here so let’s all act like it, I started this thread to share with those whom are interested in this new product ( well to the Buick community anyway) Turbo Cliff (RIP Brother) introduced it me and I was very impressed by it. The more I learned, the more impressed I became. I never told anyone not to buy XFI, I merely made my statements based on my research on what Pro efi can do and the cost of other units. I did not pull any numbers out of the air, these were number that were given to me by vendors that sold the best systems in the market at the time I thought anyway. Like I stated in my earlier post, one of the vendors I call was Hartline Performance and at the time I was leaning towards XFI for my build with the great reputation that Cal has in the Buick community. Again, with everything I wanted in my system it added up over 5K. Similar prices were quoted from other vendors as well.

On the other hand with Pro efi, I came to the conclusion that it will be around 5K with the full dyno tune and all other sensors I want to incorporate with Pro efi system like; the exhaust back pressure , oil temp, tranny temp, tranny line pressure, radiator back pressure, paddle shift and so on. Each pressure sensor is about 130 dollars except the exhaust back pressure, it’s slightly more. These are all optional so I want to take advantage of the full system as I am using my hard earn money to protect my investment. There is no reason to buy everything at once, just do so when you’re able to do so financially.

Cal, I posted a copy of my invoice here for people to see, the total on that $3,279.00 which included additional things that I wanted still cheaper than under 4K with your special discount and no dyno tune. So your statement of 5K is steep is very very misleading and that is the reason I posted what I posted. It’s more like comparing a car’s sticker price with few options before all the paper work is done where the Pro efi is fully loaded with all options and out the door price.

In my opinion, I know which system is superior thus, I made my decision to go with Pro efi, again, simply best bang for my buck. As far as people reading this thread, they are smart enough to make their own decisions based on their needs and budget. I am not telling anyone not to buy XFI, just giving them an option if they want to do something similar to what I am doing and trust me there are a lot of nut cases out there like me.

Cliff was the first one to introduce Pro efi to us, Benny’s car was Second and I’ve never seen anyone thrilled as much as he is. His brother is getting the third one. I bought one, the forth car is getting Pro efi installed on the 10th of June. Also, four other guys are saving up their money to buy the unit as we speak. All these people must have seen something I saw.

I understand XFI is working on improving a lot things ( I heard that from a non supporting vendor) so I am not going to mention his business. I hope it’s better than what I see in Pro efi so that all the Buick guys can reap the benefits.

Last but not least, Cal, I understand you are the man when it comes to XFI but there are other vendors that sells the XFI units are not educated in the matter as you are. They told me that XFI currently does not have the capability to control Fuel, timing and Boost Automatically based on the Ethanol content like Pro efi can but if I read you post correctly, you’re saying it can. I was also told that the traction control doesn’t work well with the XIM, it can only do timing not cut of individual cylinders and has no control over lowering boost. Any way the point I am trying to make is if Comp Cams or whomever makes XFI, may want to educate their other XFI vendors so they don’t miss inform potential XFI customers no matter who sells it and that’s how rumor spreads

Prasad

New and better things come out every year. The reason I wen to X F I is buy the time I bought a new scanmaster, powerlogger, translator.mass air flow, ex c. For a little more saving I could get a better tuning system. I did not get mine from cal but if I need advice I will gladly pay for it. Anyways why I did is the tech x f I has. I have 3 people close to me that knows the system inside and out that is why I got It and I was alot of money for someone like me and my first build.I never expected to get that much less saving 2 or 3 k more. Some people has money to do whatever they want and some don't. Its all competition and a money game to say who has the best and who can spend the most.Results is all that matters urs truly tbone

You are absolutely correct, I have about 7 old school Gen 6 DFI sitting on my shelf I must say my car ran pretty damn good with it) along with a Gen three BS3 and two Classic fast systems. I just wanted to buy what was best for need according to functionality and price.... basically best bang for my buck!

Prasad

I personally hope this thread does not die. There is more information coming out about system capabilities then I've ever seen. Cal and his Fast systems are great...great isn't the right word though. Superb, excellent? That doesn't cover it either.

That being said censoring a new product not offered by a vendor kinda sucks. Especially when it seems to have great features. This board should be #1. Getting our cars to run at their best. #2 support the vendors that pay for the board.

I know it sounds stupid that number one isn't to support the board, but what is the purpose of the board? I thought it was to share experiences and to help people out. If the board doesn't support the main purpose first then what are we left with? An advertisement site? I thought this board was more than that. I thought it was about education first and profit second. I think new opportunities should always be able to be discussed freely without censorship. Are we still in America dang it? Ok, I've rambled enough.

In conclusion, please don't kick me off the board ;)

I couldn't have said it better! I also understand the fact that people have to pay bills it's a tuff place for the board or the owners to be.Unfortunately, we are a small community compared to other larger forms where one can truly speak their minds without getting into trouble.

Prasad

Don't forget about the individual cylinder knock control that ProEFI has. It monitors each knock window for cylinder just for the exact frequency of knock that it occurs at. That is determined by bore diameter and few other things etc. Then it retards just that cylinder. Once the knock has disappeared it returns the timing back in at your desired rate.

Not sure if any other system does that?

JS knock system does that:) If the Proefi uses a Bosch wideband instead of a NTK, I would definitely not be interested in that system, as Its prone to fail on leaded fuel and high exhaust temps, due to sensor design. Also I don;t like the software interface, this should have built on a xfi software interface with improvements over the XFI. If I had the resources to work with a software designer, I would build such a friendly user interface it would be one of a kind!

I Just added the Transmission and Oil Temperature sensor. I installed it Last Night. Its nice to know now I can see how well the Transcooler works keeping the Trans Temp down as well as seeing how the oil temp is.

I Just added the Transmission and Oil Temperature sensor. I installed it Last Night. Its nice to know now I can see how well the Transcooler works keeping the Trans Temp down as well as seeing how the oil temp is.

Pull the trans cooler off one night so you can really see how effective the trans cooler is, then report back to us. I'll wait here. ;)

Rafs-T-type, I will do that... Just let me settle down abit. I have a lot going on. But I will report the differance with and without the Transcooler.

Dr Boost!!! How the hell are you Buddy...Haven't seen you in a while...Surg, Those questions have been answered in the Transmission Section and in the General section. I'd like to keep this post on point which is all about the ProEfi... If you have a hard time finding the post, Certainly it will be answered for you at the GN/ Ttype Gathering we are having. I know your coming with your Garage queen.... See you Surg.