Well guys we took the plunge, three of us just bought in to the idea of Pro-efi

Hey Benny, I took a hiatus from buicks for a while. The reason I was asking is because fluid temp is a very debatable subject. I was just wondering what the latest guidelines were.

You Hit it right on the money Surg It is a very debatable subject. Right now at the very least with the ProEfi I can Monitor both Oil and Transmission Temp and when I gather my info on that subject I will make adjustments and monitor accordingly. As you know Surg, It takes time but the better our cars are tuned the Better they run, the Bigger the smile on ones Face. See you soon Surg.

JS knock system does that:)

How does the JS system integrate with the ECU? I would certainly prefer that everything is built into one unit. With the ProEFI you can set it up to to pull timing, lower boost, shut off nitrous, flash the check engine light etc with the onset of knock.

Also we just implemented the new rolling antilag feature into the the new firmware. No more need for brake boosting for roll racing. Just engage the rolling antilag and it will select your current rpm as the limiter and then you can set a target boost too!

I agree, it would be better to have everything interfaced in one unit. The JS box interfaces between the module output's and modifies the output signal. I have no doubt on the capabilities of the Proefi, but the software interface needs to done over from a clean slate. I would gladly help you in re-designing the interface if needed. People want things simple easy to read easy to access, easy data logging and overlay of maps. I would base the software on the XFI style interface, with many improvements such as, user adjustable colors, font sizes, customizable gauges for a dash, large icons, short cut keys,etc. The DOS version of FAST was so user friendly it was a pleasure to use, but it lacked many features not found in the newer XFI units. Then the windows version came out and the large icons were gone and tiny submenu's were substituted instead, this made the interface not as friendly as before. The power adder section added more complex features, but the way it operates with sequence's of positive and negative inputs is a nightmare. I might re-load the proefi software again to re-fresh my opinion of it, but i do re-call that it was way to complex for the average user to be comfortable with...If you click my fast improvement list you will see the many features the racers have asked for in the fast system. However, Fast is not doing any changes to the software based on this list, which is kinda of disappointing to me. However feel free to study the list and implement in Pro_EFI where applicable...

I agree, it would be better to have everything interfaced in one unit. The JS box interfaces between the module output's and modifies the output signal. I have no doubt on the capabilities of the Proefi, but the software interface needs to done over from a clean slate. I would gladly help you in re-designing the interface if needed. People want things simple easy to read easy to access, easy data logging and overlay of maps. I would base the software on the XFI style interface, with many improvements such as, user adjustable colors, font sizes, customizable gauges for a dash, large icons, short cut keys,etc. The DOS version of FAST was so user friendly it was a pleasure to use, but it lacked many features not found in the newer XFI units. Then the windows version came out and the large icons were gone and tiny submenu's were substituted instead, this made the interface not as friendly as before. The power adder section added more complex features, but the way it operates with sequence's of positive and negative inputs is a nightmare. I might re-load the proefi software again to re-fresh my opinion of it, but i do re-call that it was way to complex for the average user to be comfortable with...If you click my fast improvement list you will see the many features the racers have asked for in the fast system. However, Fast is not doing any changes to the software based on this list, which is kinda of disappointing to me. However feel free to study the list and implement in Pro_EFI where applicable...

Please download the new version 3 (V3) software. There are a lot of changes to it! It incorporates many new features like smart logging, meaning if you are in the boost control setup page and start logging, it automatically logs everything you need to set up the boost control etc.

I will re-visit the software, and if don;t like something I will start a Pro-EFI improvement list under a new thread so it can be easy to find.

I will re-visit the software, and if don;t like something I will start a Pro-EFI improvement list under a new thread so it can be easy to find.

software is a bit more complicated than it has to be, imo

OK I had a look at the V3 software and this is way to complex for anyone to program all these parameters in. Here is just an example of the setup parameters ........are you kidding me.? Some of the stuff is basic to understand but some of the other items are just beyond my scope...It would take you a year to set up the O2 sensor adjustments~ BTW the internal o2 sensors are Bosch LSU 4.2. Maybe I am just to "old school"...

Attachments

• Setup Tabs.pdf
    508.1 KB · Views: 691
OK I had a look at the V3 software and this is way to complex for anyone to program all these parameters in. Here is just an example of the setup parameters ........are you kidding me.? Some of the stuff is basic to understand but some of the other items are just beyond my scope...It would take you a year to set up the O2 sensor adjustments~ BTW the internal o2 sensors are Bosch LSU 4.2. Maybe I am just to "old school"...

All of that is setup by your dealer and you are given a base map to get you up and running! Once those parameters are setup you will never need to touch them. All systems have those parameters, but most systems have them preset in the background and the user cannot adjust them.

Is ProEFI more complex than other ECUs.... of course but it is also so much more capable. Syvecs, Pectel, Motecs are also very complex!

I would like to see a log, which no one has posted, it is not very good of the software developer not to include a log for a potential customer when looking at the logging capabilities of a system.

Are we ever going to get some video or pictures of this pro EFI setup? I'd love to see how the system works.

My GN is still getting the suspension sorted out, the system has not been installed yet. It's going to be a while. The other guys will get something up soon or later. Benny is too busy taking his car to car shows and walking away with trophies all the time..lol. I know there are few videos up on You tube mainly Supras but the concept is the same. Just search for Pro efi.
HTH
Prasad

Hi Everyone!!!! Ya Mr Prasad, I have a Trophy For You. Lol. I have been Busy at car shows representing our GN's. People are really shocked when they see the car. Anyways, I did due 2 Quick Videos. Please forgive the quality and me if I say something wrong. It was a fast one. I've gotten a lot of people asking for some info so here it is. I will do some more videos soon including some with the Laptop so you can see the changes that can be made. Hope everyone enjoys.

Hope the 2 links work.
If not, I am Silverbulletgn1 on YouTube

Hi Everyone!!!! Ya Mr Prasad, I have a Trophy For You. Lol. I have been Busy at car shows representing our GN's. People are really shocked when they see the car. Anyways, I did due 2 Quick Videos. Please forgive the quality and me if I say something wrong. It was a fast one. I've gotten a lot of people asking for some info so here it is. I will do some more videos soon including some with the Laptop so you can see the changes that can be made. Hope everyone enjoys.

Hope the 2 links work.
If not, I am Silverbulletgn1 on YouTube

No driving vid!!! Son.. I am disappoint :p