What did you do to your GN today?

Beautiful day here in SW Ohio. Took her out for a "cruise" (aka running errands) and put about 50 miles on her. Got 3 "thumbs up" , 2 " NICE CAR " s , one idiot in an older SVT mustang wanting to race ( with traffic all around us), and one very looooooong stare. It was a good day.

Installed a don wang transmission, amazing difference.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Hit a huge pothole which I couldn't see in the pouring rain. The car stalled and wouldn't start again. Scanmaster showed no data inputs.

Got it towed and the powerlogger must have got knocked a little. I reseated it and secured it with electrical and car started up. I thought I fried the ecm.

Removed my headlight bezels that had those "black out " headlight covers installed by the previous owner with velcro which I absolutely hated. Couldn't remove the remaining Velcro strip adhesive , so I installed new ones I purchased from Kirban's --- which was a very nice product , by the way. Put the new ones on and they fit perfectly. * Much* nicer. Took her to a local detailer ( that has an excellent reputation ) for an estimate on a buff job because I want the finish as perfect as possible for an upcoming local car show.
He and two of his employees-- all in their mid to late 20's -- spent at least 25 minutes "oohing and aweing" at how clean and original it was. Made me feel like the proverbial proud papa.
Anyway, I looked at some of their work and was quite impressed. Told them they could use my car as sort of an advertisement for their business as I would place a flyer of theirs on the dashboard or seat. He thanked me and told me he would knock off some $$ for the buffing. Bad news is that my only daughter ( my baby) scheduled her engagement party on the same day as the big car show -- so no car show for this daddy. Bummer. Don't want to disappoint her on a very important day for her. I guess one has to chalk it up to the price of being a "daddy", a price that I have always been willing to pay. Sometimes that ain't easy, but I always try to follow my own Pop's example given to me throughout my own life. He certainly paid the price of being a "daddy" many times over. Consider it a lesson learned. People you love always come first.

Last edited:
I installed a boost a pump today .
IMG_8348.JPG

Got the car up on the lift to check all rear suspension fasteners and change gear oil now that break-in is over on my new 9" & Wave Trac . Wanted to go get some E85 but it started to rain ..... so I changed the oil & filter .

Yesterday I called my insurance agent and asked him to "turn on the full coverage". Then took a nice ride. Boost sure feels good!.

Put up a 4 post lift [emoji39]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: AWK
GNGuru, I can see where that 's going......................... now you can start stacking them on top of each other, lol, jk, nice collection and nice garage.

330ad3e02b6ee804272948290ba0c13e.jpg

Put my tail lights on.
b6e9a2425da51faadffd23db2a159a38.jpg

New shocks and lower control arms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Went to the garage today. Finished up my major service tasks that I began a few weeks ago. And then..........................

Beautiful day today , after dinner took a ride to a new E85 station even closer to home and filled up ... finally !!

What did you do to your GN today is the question , I just stood there looking at one of the baddest cars ever produced sitting in my garage . You guys know what I'm talking about :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Installed the missing radiator baffles I got from Kirbans. They definitely helped with cooling.
aa2d124dbdc7bbf73661422641a1690f.jpg

Oil drain was leaking, snugged up the loose bolts. Also replaces the transmission mount and the non existent exhaust hanger.
34f1e47c28559b0cb7d7ad13c873f2a0.jpg