What do you need to run e85

gteatr6

Is there a thread that tells what you need to do to the car to run a mix or straight e85? I'm looking for a link, but if someone wants to spell it out, that would work to!:biggrin:

Oh, I have a stock 86 t-type I am working on at the moment. Doing fuel pump (walbro) and adj regulator on Saturday. I haven't ordered injectors, turbo, or anything else yet. That is why I was asking.

Call up Eric (Turbotweak), he's got a good set up available. You can either run the smaller injectors with your stock ECM or get a set of 120's with a modded ECM if you want room to grow in the future. I beleive Eric says the 80# injectors for a stock ECM will get you 10.8.

It's not as hard as you may think!

Is there a thread that tells what you need to do to the car to run a mix or straight e85? I'm looking for a link, but if someone wants to spell it out, that would work to!:biggrin:

Don't run a mix. Spend the money up front on those 80s and chip so your ECM won't have to change and your done until the 10s. ** However you'll need to upgrade your fuel system, a single pump in most cases can only supply 60s, which is another option if you only plan on running 11s.** I've ran mixes and the car is just way happier and produces a lot more torque on the straight stuff :biggrin:

I'm leaning toward's the 60's at the moment. I might even buy 2 chips, one e85 and one gas. I tend to change my mind sometimes:biggrin:

I'm leaning toward's the 60's at the moment. I might even buy 2 chips, one e85 and one gas. I tend to change my mind sometimes:biggrin:

Trust me...just get the E85 chip and the 60's, (or the 120's) and forget about the gas one. Once you go 24 psi, there's no going back!! You'll like it waaayyyy too much!! :biggrin:

I've been 20+ with stock turbo before, just cost to damn much for fuel:biggrin:
I wish I could have got a good hydroboost unit from the get go, but my luck no one had another one in stock. Thanks for your help on that! Also my luck, I put the walbro pump in and the damn car had one in it already. The fuel sock was huge on it and so was the opening for the sock. Here is the part # on the pump I pulled Walbro GSS242 and the other number on it is 25595-1.

I put in this one Walbro Fuel Pump CAMERO, BUICK GRAND NATIONAL 255 KIT : eBay Motors (item 300267077260 end time May-11-10 02:01:43 PDT)

What is the difference?

I've been 20+ with stock turbo before, just cost to damn much for fuel:biggrin:
I wish I could have got a good hydroboost unit from the get go, but my luck no one had another one in stock. Thanks for your help on that! Also my luck, I put the walbro pump in and the damn car had one in it already. The fuel sock was huge on it and so was the opening for the sock. Here is the part # on the pump I pulled Walbro GSS242 and the other number on it is 25595-1.

I put in this one Walbro Fuel Pump CAMERO, BUICK GRAND NATIONAL 255 KIT : eBay Motors (item 300267077260 end time May-11-10 02:01:43 PDT)

What is the difference?

Basically the same pump.

So I should be good for the 60lb injectors with that pump? Already has the hot wire kit on it also.

I wouldnt run 60's to be honest. Just buy the biggest injector you can and keep an eye on your duty cycles. Why limit yourself? We run 120's with a single intank pump at 20lbs of boost with no problem. If you buy a small injector, you now have a brick wall in front of you that you cant cross. If you buy a larger injector up front, now you can continue to grow as you upgrade the fuel system. I dont think I would ever run 60's on E85. I'll only run 120's or 160's (XFI). If you dont want to buy a modded ECM, get the 80's.

I wouldnt run 60's to be honest. Just buy the biggest injector you can and keep an eye on your duty cycles. Why limit yourself? We run 120's with a single intank pump at 20lbs of boost with no problem. If you buy a small injector, you now have a brick wall in front of you that you cant cross. If you buy a larger injector up front, now you can continue to grow as you upgrade the fuel system. I dont think I would ever run 60's on E85. I'll only run 120's or 160's (XFI). If you dont want to buy a modded ECM, get the 80's.

Agreed. For the price you can't beat the 120s. I went with 83s because at the time the 83s were a good price and 83s @ 100 DC is where you start getting serious about line upgrades, etc. Also I already had an upgraded ECM from my Maxeffort days.

However, for those that do not want to go the upgraded ECM route, 80s are your best bet. Once you max those out, it time to upgrade other things anyway.....

I wouldnt run 60's to be honest. If you dont want to buy a modded ECM, get the 80's.

Hey Jeremy how's it goin?

I decided I'm going to go the E85 route with my light blue car. I'm gonna use the 80's with 5.6 chip and the SMC kit will stay on the car for a little extra somthin' somthin'. This is gonna be fun :biggrin:

I decided I'm going to go the E85 route with my light blue car. I'm gonna use the 80's with 5.6 chip and the SMC kit will stay on the car for a little extra somthin' somthin'. This is gonna be fun :biggrin:

Great setup. Not sure you gonna need the SMC kit. E-85 makes great torque.
Also E-85 with make 10-15% more power than the the alky kit + gas car with the same setup.

I believe most people just run E-85 and have for the most part turned off the alky kits in most cases. Of course if your gonna be on the edge of fuel delievery then by all means BUT.... in cold months not a good idea to spray alky on top of E-85, something about too much of a good thing :rolleyes:

Let us know how the setup works :D

Sweet!!! Isnt that car fast enough yet for ya?!!!!!:biggrin:

Well what are you running for a pump?

Sweet!!! Isnt that car fast enough yet for ya?!!!!!:biggrin:

Well what are you running for a pump?

:biggrin: It was trappin' 114 at Byron, no more RPM left with the little 26" tires and the tired old motor.

It's got an old 340 in it, so I'll have to keep the 80's under ~85% or so. If it wants more fuel than that I guess I'll have to use the SMC.

Yep, you guys will be happy once you have a taste of this fine wine!

You really cant beat it for the price. It's very knock resistant and cheap!

Well I stepped to the plate this afternoon and ordered the goodies from Eric. Good Times.:cool:

Hmmmm... where's the FLEXFUEL label gonna fit on that back bumper??

P7220245.jpg