What do you need to run e85

Doesn't the E85 chip allow you to remove 20 % of the fuel and some of the timing? This might be enough to get you to the next available E85 station. You would need to make note of your E85 setup as to go back to it once your filled back up.

you could work something out with the chip vendor for a get-me-home chip.... or something.

With the Translator Pro and Gen-2 there is enough tuning range to get it to run reasonably.

Worst case, the chips have a lot of closed loop correction range, and would most likely get you home or to the next station ok.

Bob

E3's here too, can't say I noticed a difference as they went in during the change over, but nothing was different on the Scanmaster or fire up.

I'd mix in a gallon or two of 93 before the tank got low instead of running it dry etc. That should only make it go a little fat for the time being, then after the fill up you'll probably not notice a difference.

Don't be scurred to run Meth with the E85, especially if you're running high boost. :cool:

does anybody know if these low 730-700's on the stock narrowband are OK / normal with this E85 stuff? This car ran 800's with gasoline.

does anybody know if these low 730-700's on the stock narrowband are OK / normal with this E85 stuff? This car ran 800's with gasoline.

Sounds kinda low...mine hangs out in the 73x-74x...Most of what I've read says E85 is happier richer, although I've also heard/read that you can lean out E85 pretty well with no detonation.

I like E85, the detonation resistance is really nice.

Cold starts and warm up are not as smooth as gas, but not too bad.

I wonder if a hotter plug might help some, the thermostat is a decent idea also.

Bob

This answered my questions wondering if anyone else noticed their cars are more cold blooded and it takes a bit for the car to respond, needs to be nice and warm.

This answered my questions wondering if anyone else noticed their cars are more cold blooded and it takes a bit for the car to respond, needs to be nice and warm.

At the track before launch or just street cold start?

Ok- I was not sure if you were getting a "stumble" at the track like some do with cold water jackets- lots of time they were having trouble holding even 160 coming out of the waterbox. Some EFI and carb guys put in 180 degree and higher thermostats to help this or found their carb was too rich and providing a little too much cooling fuel.

The whole cold start enrichment programming can be difficult- at least it was for Ford:biggrin: when they first came out with their FFV's that use an algorithm to calculate fuel%. I complained for a year before they finally wrote a proper flash. Ford had mine right for very cold starts but wrong for warm weather cold start. The flash fixed it- at least as well as we expect for a Ford.:)
In mine I think they were too rich at warmer cold start but it is hard to tell- an non-ffv (and unmodified) would start the same way (and that would be lean)- crank for 10-12 revs, fire, stumble, crank again, fire, run weak for 2 minutes. My Ford FFV would do the same but was not weak after 10 seconds.

We had a Chevy Suburban a couple years ago that was flex fuel, and we couldn't tell the difference in how it ran.

Bob

Same here with the GM's- we have an FFV Silverado and 3 FFV Impalas in the small work fleet. They all sit outside here in Wisconsin and starting has never been an issue, nor do that act any weaker than on gas when you drop them in gear immediately after cold start. Even the Taurus is just fine now. It has 222,500 miles on it now and I am hoping it will hold out until either the FFV Cruize or the FFV turbo Regal is ready for sale.:cool:

If weather holds this will be my first weekend running at the track. I'll let you know what I find.

If weather holds this will be my first weekend running at the track. I'll let you know what I find.

Nice!

Once again great minds think alike...:cool:

I'm in the middle of swapping my turd over to E85 as we speak.:D

What did you end up with for your fuel system Jamie? You still on stock lines/rail or did you go big? Injectors? Leaving the alky in too?

PM me if you want...

Thanks,Sean

Nice!

Once again great minds think alike...:cool:

I'm in the middle of swapping my turd over to E85 as we speak.:D

What did you end up with for your fuel system Jamie? You still on stock lines/rail or did you go big? Injectors? Leaving the alky in too?

PM me if you want...

Thanks,Sean

I would like to know as well so dont pm.
I would like to do this on my car as well but thats alot of work and money, i figured new lines, fuel lab pump, 160 injectors and all the fittings will be some $$$$. im sure jamie will have some great data soon.

Stock lines dual walbro 340's and 120 pound injectors and I'm running E85 without any issues, do see a gain in horse power and no detonation like I was getting on 110 race fuel. I hope to have something to post later in the season, we had an issue with the motor so we are going through it. It was not E85 related.

Stock lines dual walbro 340's and 120 pound injectors and I'm running E85 without any issues, do see a gain in horse power and no detonation like I was getting on 110 race fuel. I hope to have something to post later in the season, we had an issue with the motor so we are going through it. It was not E85 related.

E85 on stock lines took you to 10.71?...Any other supporting mods like fuel rail or ????

E85 on stock lines took you to 10.71?...Any other supporting mods like fuel rail or ????

she went 10.71 on race gas not E85. not sure how far she will get with stock lines. i know once she gets bigger lines done up that car is going to move out with the cooler charge. :eek: