What is my car? T-type? Turbo Regal? Or Regal?

Joe Rodriguez

Hey fellow Buick buds what the hell did I get my self into I recently bought a 1985 Buick T-Type? I ran a couple of of free online Carfax some say Regal others just say Buick 3.8 V6 BBL? Here is the VIN# 1G4GJ47A4FH449267
HELP! I'm going nuts can't even sleep trying to figure this out?

Oh man I got burned pretty bad! I traded my 1987 Monte Carlo SS and some cash for this car. I looks good and runs GREAT! It has a 87 GN engine and trans GN interior T-tops GN wheels floor shifter etc. 99% 1987 GN my favorite car and I was so happy I really taught I came up! I don't know what I'm gonna do now? I am stand up guy and I don't like to front. I don't want to invest more money into and then regret it but at the same time I really really enjoy the car. It's by far the fastest car that I have ever owned! Give me some advice what should I do??? This Sucks!!!

A clone GN is worth more than a Monte SS. The drive train adds value. A Monte SS is worth more with a non stock drive train. As long as it is clean, runs good, was done right, and most importantly, you like it, you did fine.

Oh man I got burned pretty bad! I traded my 1987 Monte Carlo SS and some cash for this car. I looks good and runs GREAT! It has a 87 GN engine and trans GN interior T-tops GN wheels floor shifter etc. 99% 1987 GN my favorite car and I was so happy I really taught I came up! I don't know what I'm gonna do now? I am stand up guy and I don't like to front. I don't want to invest more money into and then regret it but at the same time I really really enjoy the car. It's by far the fastest car that I have ever owned! Give me some advice what should I do??? This Sucks!!!

Not sure what you gave for the car, but if it has everything you say with the '87 drivetrain and all, it can still be great care even though it's not a true GN. Depending on what you did trade & pay for the car (I won't ask), you may not have gotten screwed. There are many guys on here that take hot-air cars and convert them to the 86 & 87 drive train, or even retro-fit the 86/87 drivetrain into other cars. I've seen trucks, classics (I think there's one guy on here that has a 68 Chevelle with the LC2 powertrain), even an RX-7 . It's a LOT of work to do that, but from what I understand, it's really worth it. If you really want to know if you got boned, tell everyone what you paid for it here and I'm sure you'll get plenty of opinions. If everything works right, you definitely have the faster car.

Try to have fun with it. If it sounds as good as you say it is, it could be a great daily driver that you could make into an 12 second car pretty easily & fairly cheaply. If you want a true GN, look for the WE2 code on the trunk label and save up some money. Sounds like the guy you got it from was more than a little shady.

Hello Joe, as 87-we2 said its not that bad I have a vin code 9 with the 86-87 drive train an don't give a sh$% what anybody says this car is bada$$,just have fun with it if you wanna check out a nice swap check out my youtube video,under 719boosted u can't tell unless you vin check it.besides I ended up with all digital dash digital climate control.Wish I had T Tops that's all.

I bought my SS for $1700 and I traded my SS plus $2300 on top for what I thought was an 85 ttype all updated to 99% GN it has hooker headers after market down pipe 3 inch straight pipes with a magma flow exhaust K&N. Old air intake the 200R4 with a shift kit digital dash etc. it's a beast. But there is a big difference to own a t-type GN clone and or a Regal GN clone because at least a ttype is an original turbo car? I honestly don't know what to do? My heart tells me to keep it! But my brain tells me I should get rid of it. But even if I do it will be hard to find a clean 1987 GN that I can afford. I really love these cars.

for $4000 total investment I would say you did pretty good if it is in good shape.

I didnt know it had an 87 drivetrain. I wouldn't care if it wasn't a true GN. You got a good deal. Post some pics.

if that's what you got it for, you did great.
I bought my '87 true GN with 60k miles original paint, all original parts included from the original owner last year for about 4 times that.

I wouldn't say that!! You had sex with a real hot chick, the girl of your dreams and found out she used to be an A-cup and got implants! And liposuction to remove her saddlebags! And a facelift! And a tummy tuck and a spray tan.

If your car started out as a MCSS or Grand Prix, or Olds, then what you said would be true.

Dude if it quaks like a duck swims like a duck then if they ask if is a duck u say yes yes it is.. Enjoy the car man. for $4000 u get a gn roller.maybe. have fun with it sounds like a Good deal. . Insted of worring about that learn about the tb power plant. Cuz they hard to figured out..

Youre right well said! My point is it feels pretty weird I just went in to look at it inside the garage and it still looks good! I will post some pics as soon as I can my computer has a virus and I don't know if I can upload pics straight from my iPhone?

Youre right well said! My point is it feels pretty weird I just went in to look at it inside the garage and it still looks good! I will post some pics as soon as I can my computer has a virus and I don't know if I can upload pics straight from my iPhone?
You got a good deal if the body is straight and little to no rust. Enjoy the car, you don't sound like a "collector", so have fun at about half the cost of a true turbo car. I would have got it if its as good as you say. Welcome to the darkside.

I'm in So California and I think I'm going to keep it and enjoy it for now maybe later I will sell it??? Who' knows but for now I'm gonna work on it over the weekend I am going to need to replace the fuel pump or the fuel relay?