What is my car? T-type? Turbo Regal? Or Regal?

You did fine on the car !!
I paid 17k for mine in 07 almost stock. Got another 20k into it with the motor/tranny/converter/heads/sway bar/turbo, etc and melted the motor ! Engine is being rebuilt again, more money...
Would I do it again just to say I have a 43,xxx mile 87 GN...the answer is HELL NO, I would buy exactly what you have and make it mine. Enjoy the car and don't sweat it. Good luck

Bryan

if it was a T Type it would say so on the title- my 84 T Type says it's a "Buick CP TT" or something like that on the title..

does it have all the good GN suspension pieces (or aftermarket equivalents) in it along with the 8.5 rear axle or is it just a floaty luxo cruiser Regal with the later turbo engine sending it's power into a weak differential with 2.47 gerars?

Joe, if you send the pictures to buickgnix@gmail.com from your Iphone, I would gladly upload them for you. I think you did well. Personally, owning a TR has its advantages compared to owning an SS. This community is BAR NONE the best out there. Everyone is friendly, and helpful here. There is not another car website that you could find (at least I haven't found one) that has people like on here.

Nix

I believe it's all been completely cloned to a 87 GN the previous owner said he got all of the parts from his neighbors wrecked GN. After I bought it I called him to ask him a few questions and the bastard would not answer his phone!

You did fine! long as everything is working and running right. No complaintss there

You did fine! long as everything is working and running right. No complaintss there
Joe, check the sticker on the trunk 1st, look for other VIN's &/or build sheets. I hate to say it, but it may just be a retitled stolen. If the conversion looks completely factory (some of the local TR guys should be able to tell by checking it out), that's a good clue. With so many of these being stolen over the years, there's bound to be more & more popping up. SoCal is notorious for that.

A clone TR beats a Monte SS any day, anytime.

You did fine. There are many, many clones out there any many, many happy drivers in them.

Why would someone want a Monte + cash for a turbo regal...cloned or not..

If you really have an 87 drivetrain and it isnt rusted out then you would definitely be able to sell and recoup your $4k.. The value is what really counts. And because you dont have a lot invested in the car, you are able to drive it and enjoy it.
Does it have the turbo hood on the car? G bodies are theft magnets as is but the turbo hood attracts a lot of extra attention. Take note of the stolen section on this forum, and dont let it happen to you.

Hello again joe,If you have a iphone look on the the app store for the turbo buick app that's how I'm doing all my posting an uploads an remember your still going fast with class!!!

sounds like you did good. by the way if you want your car to run faster sell those headers and put on some stock 87 headers and your car will run and spool a hell of alot faster

Thanks guys I got some sleep and I feel much better I am planning to enjoy my the car and then I guess we will see what happens later? I will post pics as soon as I can! I looked for that app on my iPhone but I couldnt find it? I want you guys too see it!

Thanks guys I got some sleep and I feel much better I am planning to enjoy my the car and then I guess we will see what happens later? I will post pics as soon as I can! I looked for that app on my iPhone but I couldnt find it? I want you guys too see it!
Oh and also on my pink slip it doesnt say regal it says Buick CP?

what do you think a Carfax is going to tell you? the car is what it is- a Regal with the turbo drivetrain installed. hopefully it also has the good rear axle and suspension stuff, too.
a carfax won't tell you anything of any significance beyond that.

Sounds like you have a TR "Tribute Car" on your hands.

Now you have complete freedom to build/modify the car however you please without worry of ruining its value.

~JM~

Hate to be Mr Negative, but the story about the "wrecked neighbors car" parts would add up to way more than $4000 in retail value (not mentioning labor). Most likely that car you have was put together with stolen parts or a revinned GN with an 1985 tag.

Yeah post pics already. Sounds like a nice car, I've seen base Regals go for 5k just because the body was straight n rust free...that bodywork will kill a mans wallet and some people know it.

As far a getting the lowdown and VIN,let sleeping dogs lie.

Enjoy your car and terrorize your area weather permiting. It doesn't matter. Its your hot-rod.

Yeah post pics already. Sounds like a nice car, I've seen base Regals go for 5k just because the body was straight n rust free...that bodywork will kill a mans wallet and some people know it.

As far a getting the lowdown and VIN,let sleeping dogs lie.
Carfax will help add some clues for him. It will show him if it's been moved from another state. It will show a mileage change if the turbo dash was swapped in. It will also show if it's been totalled from an accident. All of these things are involved in figuring out whether it's a re-VINned stolen. If a car is stolen & re-VINned, most of the time, the title will be 'washed' in another state so it doesn't show as salvaged. For right now, you can look for the option code sticker, if you can find it on the trunk. You can look for the other VIN's stamped in the body.