What is my car? T-type? Turbo Regal? Or Regal?

Carfax will help add some clues for him. It will show him if it's been moved from another state. It will show a mileage change if the turbo dash was swapped in. It will also show if it's been totalled from an accident. All of these things are involved in figuring out whether it's a re-VINned stolen. If a car is stolen & re-VINned, most of the time, the title will be 'washed' in another state so it doesn't show as salvaged. For right now, you can look for the option code sticker, if you can find it on the trunk. You can look for the other VIN's stamped in the body.

I'm trying to think what would be the positive outcome for a person if he "publicly " finds out that the car is stolen or a car pieced together from stolen cars. I emphasize publicly here. Sure find out stuff on your own to satisfy your curiosity. I know I'm not stating here exactly what I'm trying to get at...maybe I dunno...I mean nobody wants a franken car and people want to do the right thing *if* a given person was in a certain situation. And most people will find out their car is great and what it should be,I was just ruminating with "let sleeping dogs lie".

I'm trying to think what would be the positive outcome for a person if he "publicly " finds out that the car is stolen or a car pieced together from stolen cars. I emphasize publicly here. Sure find out stuff on your own to satisfy your curiosity. I know I'm not stating here exactly what I'm trying to get at...maybe I dunno...I mean nobody wants a franken car and people want to do the right thing *if* a given person was in a certain situation. And most people will find out their car is great and what it should be,I was just ruminating with "let sleeping dogs lie".
I see your point. It will help him to have the knowledge for himself. So he knows what he's got for parts ordering & such. If he wants, he can email me any VIN's he finds & I'll check them. The general knowledge here will help the other members have more info for when they are buying cars to avoid a stolen (&/or turn them in). Too many members have had these stolen & there is a limited market for the LC2 cars.

Few more thoughts to ponder based on the comments....

Since you are California based I assume the car is rust free. Which is a plus. Few things to check out is see if the rear is the bigger 8.5 rather than the smaller 7.5 housing which woul dhave been in your Monte Carlo SS. Hopefully the rear also got swapped when the drivetrain was done.

Another weak spot is the steering box the 84-87 Turbo regal had tighter feel and quicker ratio steering box identical to what you had in your Monte Carlo SS. If this car steering differently look for a correct steering box.

On the trans look for a small metal tag riveted to the tail shift should read BRF for 1987 and I forget what the code is for 1986 someone reading this can supply that info. That would tell you if the trans came along with the engine swap.

Your certainily not the only person to hey fooled but without seeing photos its hard to say for certain what has been changed and not changed. The turbo dash is different analog would have a boost and tach lite bar to the far rite.....

No matter what kind of car you got the more correct the drive train is the more valuable it is no matter what body surrounds it.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I got in contact with the previous owner and he answered some questions that I had for him he actually called me and wanted to trade my my SS back and the cash I rejected his offer and gave him a kick in the ass! I took out the tribute GN on Sunday morning washed it and took it for a drive it felt great! What do the cowl stamp numbers under the hood indicate? Thanks for all the great advice I appreciate it!

Wh
I got in contact with the previous owner and he answered some questions that I had for him he actually called me and wanted to trade my my SS back and the cash I rejected his offer and gave him a kick in the ass! I took out the tribute GN on Sunday morning washed it and took it for a drive it felt great! What do the cowl stamp numbers under the hood indicate? Thanks for all the great advice I appreciate it!
Where are the numbers & what are they?

The Vin number is 1G4GJ47A4FH449267 it is what it is! 1985 Buick 2dr coupe V6 3.8 BBL if anyone can CARFAX me the info please send it to my email: jrod310310@yahoo.com
Thanks!!! If not its ok I'm over it not being a real GN it's still fast as f&@" and I enjoy driving it and it's mine!

The Vin number is 1G4GJ47A4FH449267 it is what it is! 1985 Buick 2dr coupe V6 3.8 BBL if anyone can CARFAX me the info please send it to my email: jrod310310@yahoo.com
Thanks!!! If not its ok I'm over it not being a real GN it's still fast as f&@" and I enjoy driving it and it's mine!
If that's stamped in the sheet metal & it matches the sticker on the trunk & the VIN tag on the dash, odds are you don't have a stolen. You most likely have a drivetrain from a wrecked GN/Turbo T in the car. You'll have to be careful when you order parts that you make sure which car they are for. Is the brake system a vacuum system or does it have the black nitrogen ball for the brake booster attached to the master cylinder? The sticker on the trunk lid should show you all of the options that your car originally came with. The next main thing is to see if they swapped the GN rearend into the car.

The vin matches the frame the door jam vin and the truck got painted! It sucks! I tried to salvage them but I couldn't! The rear end? I'm not sure how can I tell if it's from a GN? The brakes are the power master brakes from a GN what should the cowl stamp read for a 1985 buick regal read?