Where was everybody

I didn't see any Buicks (real ones) running on Friday 12-12-03. There was a Grand National with a small block chevy, and another white TR parked. Considering the cooler weather, I expected to see a few more of you out there. I, unfortunately smashed my headers up after standing it up on the back bumper.

Originally posted by ShouldofhadaV-8
I didn't see any Buicks (real ones) running on Friday 12-12-03. There was a Grand National with a small block chevy, and another white TR parked. Considering the cooler weather, I expected to see a few more of you out there. I, unfortunately smashed my headers up after standing it up on the back bumper.

Hey Shouldofhadv8 I was there tranny let go.

I'll have it fixed and back in by thursday should be there for midnite madness this coming weekend.

p.s. next time we race I have something for you I call it big brother pt88 when we ran last time I had a 74 turbo feels alot more fun.

GOTOAENGLISHCLASS, I mean GOTOA6:eek: :p ;)

Alex (blackshoebox) and myself look forward to meeting you this Friday at Midnight Madness:) :cool: If you're nice I'll bring the Hooked on Phonics book with me:D

Steve

Originally posted by 86brick
GOTOAENGLISHCLASS, I mean GOTOA6:eek: :p ;)

Alex (blackshoebox) and myself look forward to meeting you this Friday at Midnight Madness:) :cool: If you're nice I'll bring the Hooked on Phonics book with me:D

Steve

You purchased that course too?;)

Originally posted by ShouldofhadaV-8
You purchased that course too?;)

I purchased it for GOTOA6 after seeing him post a few times (I always wanted him to show up at one of our meetings so I could give it to him, but he hasn't showed):(

In all seriousness I hope to meet Julio at the track and hopefully it can be on good terms:cool:

Another wasted attempt.......

Went to midnight madness, car kept wheelie-ing. Only one real TR which went home early. I think Steve or Alex said he ran 10.30's. Orlando showed up late, don't know what he ran. Anybody?

Unfortunately, we had to leave early due to a problem controlling the boost. First pass was a 10.76 letting off after the 1/8. Considering this was a 2lb launch we were pleased. However, boost would creep to 32lbs in third. We tried pressing our luck to get the low 10 sec pas, but the head gasket had different plans.

Lamb, saw your 10.76 pass (thought it was a .74) and if you didn't let out it probably would have been at least a 10.30 pass! Hopefully you guys can get the head gasket problem sorted out and make some solid low 10 second passes....

Greg, I didn't see your second wheelie pass, but I heard from another guy that it was pretty nasty:D Orlando's first pass was a 10.21 @132mph with a 1.40 60' (his best 60' so far at Moroso) and that's not bad considering he had to let out of it at the top of the traps because his car was dancing:eek: His second and last pass was a 10.40 @132mph (car spun hard so I'm sure the 60' was sh!tty).... These passes were made with the 64 turbo so all and all I think his car ran pretty good for the conditions....

From what I saw last night the track was very slippery and if you wanted your car to hook you had to do a big ol' burnout (Orlando did a nice smokey John Force burnout on his first pass and as I said the result was a 1.40 60') because the track was so cold (you really needed to heat 'em up)!

Steve

Looks like Orlando had a pretty good night, considering the smaller turbo. I think they (Moroso) are doing a better job of track prep myself. I now have to either put travel limiters on, or get rid of the lift bars. Lambturbo6 was probably a victim of the good air, causing the head gaskets to let go.

Actually, I thing we were more of a victim of a faulty wastegate than good air. We had it dialed it at 27lbs through first and second. In third boost would creep to 32lbs.

1/8th mile was 6.70 @ 103.5. I believe this should have been at least 10.50's. We have a few weeks to fix it since the track it closed. Guess we have to wait till next year to get that 10.50 pass.

Originally posted by lambturbo6
Actually, I thing we were more of a victim of a faulty wastegate than good air. We had it dialed it at 27lbs through first and second. In third boost would creep to 32lbs.

1/8th mile was 6.70 @ 103.5. I believe this should have been at least 10.50's. We have a few weeks to fix it since the track it closed. Guess we have to wait till next year to get that 10.50 pass.

You're right. Your 8th mile is good for 10.45
Obviously your car detonated and the head gaskets are the "fuse." What kinda of timing are you putting in at 27-30lbs boost?