Where's a good Grand National shop/mechanic in the Los Angeles area?

wow talk about a cheer leading squad..lol
i've heard time after time..he is the best....which i sure dnt doubt it even a bit.
So now i'm curious...how much should i have saved up before contacting Mr. Lou for a mild...mid 10sec street engine??? :cool:

wow talk about a cheer leading squad..lol
i've heard time after time..he is the best....which i sure dnt doubt it even a bit.
So now i'm curious...how much should i have saved up before contacting Mr. Lou for a mild...mid 10sec street engine??? :cool:

As with any project, twice as much as you figured, times 2.....

Twice as much and times 2 isn't because Lou is expensive,.....it's because you want mid 10's.....:eek: :D.... Knowledge doesn't come easily OR cheap, so buyin' it can get kinda pricey, I know it for a fact, still worth it though..........:cool: I'm jus'sayin.....

Getting an answer to your question is as simple as calling, E-mailing, or PM'ing Lou.
We're not the shy guy here, you are.

Getting an answer to your question is as simple as calling, E-mailing, or PM'ing Lou.
We're not the shy guy here, you are.
It has nothing to do with being shy. It was a question out of curiosity..yes i would love to have my engine build my him at one point, but why even bother the man when i know i currently dont have the funds for it. Since this post is full of happy friendly customers, i felt it was good opportunity for me to ask just to get an idea. To be honest i'm still saving as much $$ as i can to get my car done right...i shouldnt be calling to get detailed estimates.

Too many variables for anyone other than Lou to respond to.
He is the best one to tell you what you are getting and for how much.

what happened to the brakes? the accumulator and pressure switch are the root of most issues and are easy to replace.

It has nothing to do with being shy. It was a question out of curiosity..yes i would love to have my engine build my him at one point, but why even bother the man when i know i currently dont have the funds for it. Since this post is full of happy friendly customers, i felt it was good opportunity for me to ask just to get an idea. To be honest i'm still saving as much $$ as i can to get my car done right...i shouldnt be calling to get detailed estimates.
I certainly appreciate all the support but you should do all your research first & find what will work best for you. At least your taking the time to ask questions. Nothing wrong with that. As important as getting your moneys worth is the ability to get along with the person doing the work & will he be there for you if there are issues as often are in this business once the check or money changes hands.

What about AL his in Whittier!! Lou's student. he showed him everything he knows

The conversion is not hard, the parts are not expensive, and are readily available.

There are many threads here to walk you through process, as well.

You will save time, $$$$, and will learn more about your car in the process.

My power-master to a dump a few months back, did the vacuum conversion, and never looked back.

Save the trips to any shop for the major stuff (girdle, caps, rebuild, cam, etc).

So now i'm curious...how much should i have saved up before contacting Mr. Lou for a mild...mid 10sec street engine???

$10k for a motor/turbo/H/C/I
$3-4k for trans/converter

No point in building a motor if the trans can't handle power, and the converter is not matched to the combo.

What about AL his in Whittier!! Lou's student. he showed him everything he knows[/quote

I think I will award you a shut up stupid for trying to start some chit between Al & me. Al does have some talent but how can I teach someone in six months everything it took me 50 years. In fact before Al became a professional you & him both were asking for my help as I recall. :rolleyes:

i was asking you for help???? you better get your facts straight i have never been to your shop!!!! i did ask you for your opinion on some things and i apreciate that!!!!!!! i been wrenching for a living for 21 yrs now and no i dont know it ALL but i manage......... but i still love you lou!!!! LOL and no i was not trying to start "chit" with any one here i dont know if you noticed but i try and keep out of the BS!!!!!!!!

i was asking you for help???? you better get your facts straight i have never been to your shop!!!! i did ask you for your opinion on some things and i apreciate that!!!!!!! i been wrenching for a living for 21 yrs now and no i dont know it ALL but i manage......... but i still love you lou!!!! LOL and no i was not trying to start "chit" with any one here i dont know if you noticed but i try and keep out of the BS!!!!!!!!
Gilbert for a guy who trys to keep out of the B.S. you stepped right into it. I appreciate the call explaining your position. I'm just trying to respect AL's request for privacy. Furthermore with only 21 years of experience your still only a mechanics helper.I kind of wish this thread would die . It's starting to turn into a soap opera. Love Lou :D

Gilbert for a guy who trys to keep out of the B.S. you stepped right into it. I appreciate the call explaining your position. I'm just trying to respect AL's request for privacy. Furthermore with only 21 years of experience your still only a mechanics helper.I kind of wish this thread would die . It's starting to turn into a soap opera. Love Lou :D

Lou I still love you man even if you don't want to give me any credit as a tech. LOL

Come down to my shop & I will give you a mechanical aptitude test to see if you are certified to call yourself a mechanic. Till that time sorry but the best that can be done is to keep you as entry level parts washer, floor sweeper & helper. That position is presently available . :D

I would actually take that position if I could...

As the TB.com turns! These are the days of our lives! :D