Who's ready for some 3800 power?!

Looks like my 3800 might be out for a hair longer, Ive decided to upgrade to a Holley dominator EFI. Speed density here I come. Cann't wait !
It's your car, but I can't wait for you to get it and get it up and running. Quick question, do you remember the part numbers for the ARP hardware you have? I want to start gather parts for this block. Do you have any good spare parts?

Looks like my 3800 might be out for a hair longer, Ive decided to upgrade to a Holley dominator EFI. Speed density here I come. Cann't wait !
It's your car, but I can't wait for you to get it and get it up and running. Quick question, do you remember the part numbers for the ARP hardware you have? I want to start gather parts for this block. Do you have any good spare parts for sale?

It's your car, but I can't wait for you to get it and get it up and running. Quick question, do you remember the part numbers for the ARP hardware you have? I want to start gather parts for this block. Do you have any good spare parts for sale?

I should be by the car for a few pics tomorrow. Its been so unbeastly hot Ive had no chance to work on the car.
Oh yeah, I know what you mean about trying to work on a car inside an oven (aka the garage).haha It's been up to 115 degrees for many days in Vegas. I look forward to hearing about how your new speed density system is working, too.

IMG_2766.JPG

You should be able to click for a big pic of these. This will give you a good idea on what I did. The ps was clocked and has a modified bracket. but its straight forward .

View attachment 284289 IMG_2767.JPG IMG_2768.JPG IMG_2769.JPG

Yes its a stock fbody single row balancer machine down to accept the puck or spacer then using the double row crankbolt. It has a crank pulley off a astrovan v6. Have run a underdrive pulley but didnt like it.

You might have posted this in the thread, but are you using the stock balancer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

image.jpeg

Thought I'd update the thread,yes making progress . Prob this weekend I'll start installing the Holley dominator efi.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Yes , bungs will be here tomorrow . Will work out great.
Sweet. I'm spending so much money on my GN to get to the low 10s, that it will be a while before I will be able to even think about a 3800 s2 build.

Anyway, I'm up here in S.E. MI and I'm having trouble dealing with the heat while working on my car. Don't know how you can handle it in Houston.

image.jpeg Wiring done for dominator. What a pain lol.
Plus just got a nice set of ported and polished heads with severe duty Manley valves that I couldn't pass up along with hartland sharp rockers and intense 3/8 pushrods. So the build morphs again. I wanted to get a base line with the stock heads but heck with it. Putting everything together and turning up the wick. This thing will really fly.

View attachment 287327 Wiring done for dominator. What a pain lol.
Plus just got a nice set of ported and polished heads with severe duty Manley valves that I couldn't pass up along with hartland sharp rockers and intense 3/8 pushrods. So the build morphs again. I wanted to get a base line with the stock heads but heck with it. Putting everything together and turning up the wick. This thing will really fly.
Not to change the subject, but didn't you use to have another car with a 3.8L stage II motor?
Glad to see you're almost ready. Well I have a 3800 machined block and I have another 3800 long block that a guy is giving to me and I'm going to try and use the crank and a few other parts off it. You ever see someone build an engine before they even have a car. You've provided so much information and a great blue print to help others who want to work on this project.