Who's Trans Do You Have? (POLL)

WHO BUILT YOUR TRANS

• Total voters
Dave Husek from Turbo Buick Performance. Honest, great customer service and also VERY helpful in other aspects of TRs

Thats great guys, From what my trans was and what it is now is like salt to pepper.. Dave did a great job honest and was done very fast, I`m lookin to go in the 11`s hope to get there soon...:cool:

I ordered for my brother a CKperformance trans since Oct. of 08!! Still thumpin, no track time yet. he had a mid to lo 11 sec capable car before the trans, he's just slo about gettin it to the track because of other issues he's almost straightened out. He plans on taking it this year. Time's will be posted soon.
:smile:

Myself. Fighting boost issues then some track time. Billet fwd drum, wide red band, CK servo and little items.

CK and PTS here. I wanted to try a non-lockup converter so I pulled my proven PTS trans with lockup converter and put in a CK stage 1 trans and PTC non lockup converter. I like my CK and PTC combo's drivability so much it's staying in the car. Both of my PTS and CK trannies have been high 10's in full weight all steel GN.

Jimmy's transmissions in both of my cars street car 9.90 pro street car will see this year.:biggrin:

Other / Len Freeman

Two year old 2004R with all the good parts. Dirrect scan shows that it still shifts like new after over a hundred passes. Never leaked a drop.

10.87 @122
507 RWHP

Mike Barnard

PTS full billet in the TTA no track passes .... Backyard built in the GN lasted 5 yrs an 2 shoe boxes full of high then mid 11 sec passes and 1 ...10 sec pass then a headgasket failure lol

My vote is "other". I'm part of the CT DIY crew. Most of my parts came from CK performance with some of my own modified and rollerized parts. Been 9.86 with no traction and aiming for 8's with my new combo.
Allan G.

Extreme Automatics Stage II. It has 100 miles so far with no issues. No passes for another month till I can afford the alky.

Vince Janis

1 name.. VINCE JANIS! I think Vince has the record e/t and mph for a 2004r. I went 9.98@138 this spring with his BASIC trans build with ZERO billet parts in full weight TSM legal car! I have since went 9.75@139 with the billet version this past november. He has been building the Ohio guys trans for almost 15 years now and his prices are great!

Some guy named Red Armstrong runs Vince's 2004r trans and ran very bottom 9s@150mph last year with a lock up converter!:eek:

Lets face it, alot of guys can build a 10 or 11 sec 2004r. Getting them to last for years and run deep 9s is another story.. Vince's does it!

Brian

X2 on Vince Janis. I have his tranny's in both my Monte SS and GN. Couldn't be happier.