Who's Trans Do You Have? (POLL)

WHO BUILT YOUR TRANS

• Total voters
Hi-Pro build done by Eric Shirtz (Dynotech)...Hands down a true legend in trans building and honored to have a built trans by him....We miss you brotha.....:(

I built all 3 of mine and a few others on this board. Used some CK,PTS parts,and some advise from other builders here as well...a hodgepodge.:)

CK, I have built two myself with CK parts one runs in my 10 sec GN. and one I have that CK built in my 66 chevelle. Chris has always been great to deal with and has
been a great educator for me.

JDSFASTGN built my trans. It has probably 30,000 miles and several 11 sec runs on it with no problems. I knows he has a lot of GNs running his transmissions in the Houston area with great success.

Vince Baby...

I am picking my new Stage 2 Janis with trans brake on Sat. Vince said to call him when I get to Akron. I am 100 miles away and did not know anything about turbo car trannies. Vince even hand picked the core at Bowling Green last spring with Barry Wood (Try Me GT ). Barry keeped it at his house until it went to Vinces. I cannot wait. Price was very good.

Coach

I have an EXTREME AUTOMATICS stage II but it came with the car I bought. When it goes Bison or Otto will be rebuilding it for sure.

Man hate to see a guy not take advantage of that $350 freshen up. I am sure those fellas can handle it though. Nice thread guys. Got me coming to check it out every day.:smile:

I would like to know who built the best [9sec] tranny? 11s and mid 10 a lot of the tranny builder they do good job. but when it come big power all us guy's with the70GTQ and the67BB you know what happen's two or three 1/4 mile run 2to3 done..:mad: that why the poll should be who built the best [9sec tranny]:biggrin::)

I would like to know who built the best [9sec] tranny? 11s and mid 10 a lot of the tranny builder they do good job. but when it come big power all us guy's with the70GTQ and the67BB you know what happen's two or three 1/4 mile run 2to3 done..:mad: that why the poll should be who built the best [9sec tranny]:biggrin::)
Jason White built the one in Don Cruz's car,wait that's a 8 sec car not 9's :biggrin:!! And Jason's own 9 sec car and Adam Calcote's 9 sec TSM car !

SW.

I picked up one of these trannys from Chris and he updated with billet input shaft, ring gear and carrier for all for 2000.00 shipped with a core so I didn’t have to use my tranny. The tranny hits hard and feels very strong I’m very happy . The tranny works FUC*ING Great !!! If you need tranny I highly recommend one From Chris @ CK PERFORMANCE

Thanks Chris

I don't know how long any of the other ones last but I can tell you about mine. Bought the trans in 2005 (late) the car ran mid to low 10's with a best of 10.16 & had 5-600 passes on it when I broke the ring & pinion gears in bowling green in 2008. The shock from that broke the sprague in the tranny. Brian fixed me up & it ran low tens the rest of 2008 & 9's all of 2009. I don't race once in a while, I am at the track every weekend plus made it to BG & Noble, OK in 2009. I would guess I made 150 nine sec passes on it so far although alot of them were only 1/8th mile passes because that is what my local track is. The nearest 1/4 mile tracks are 150 & 200 miles away & I was told not to come back to either untill I get a license & all the other updated safety equipment. My local track was more lenient in letting me run the rest of the year.

Jason White built the one in Don Cruz's car,wait that's a 8 sec car not 9's :biggrin:!! And Jason's own 9 sec car and Adam Calcote's 9 sec TSM car !

SW.
Are they 200R4 tranny ?:confused:Sorry for my post I ment 200R4..:biggrin:myself i have a 400 with a brack from [EXTREME]Don Cruz I thought he has a 400?:confused:

SW.

Maybe I misunderstood, are we talking about any tranny? or 200's? Are those 400's or 200's? What's up Scott?:D You get those fans in?

1 name.. VINCE JANIS! I think Vince has the record e/t and mph for a 2004r. I went 9.98@138 this spring with his BASIC trans build with ZERO billet parts in full weight TSM legal car! I have since went 9.75@139 with the billet version this past november. He has been building the Ohio guys trans for almost 15 years now and his prices are great!

Some guy named Red Armstrong runs Vince's 2004r trans and ran very bottom 9s@150mph last year with a lock up converter!:eek:

Lets face it, alot of guys can build a 10 or 11 sec 2004r. Getting them to last for years and run deep 9s is another story.. Vince's does it!

Brian

You must have missed my above post in this thread about Vince's 2004r.:biggrin: Theres your answer. Running a HPQ Billet 71 here with a ton of 9 sec passes.

You could also say Vince builds a mean T400 also. His last one just went 8.20s@160+ To say he knows his way around a T400 is putting it mildly.;)

Brian

I am finishing 2 right trannies right now both cars well capable of mid 9s or better and both with 2004rs.
The 2-3 shift is not a problem at this level if done correctly.Although as a disclaimer we will see if they make a season
of abuse.

You must have missed my above post in this thread about Vince's 2004r.:biggrin: Theres your answer. Running a HPQ Billet 71 here with a ton of 9 sec passes.

You could also say Vince builds a mean T400 also. His last one just went 8.20s@160+ To say he knows his way around a T400 is putting it mildly.;)

Brian
THAT"S WHAT I TALKING ABOUT!!;)sorry i miss your post.the man knows his 200R ..:biggrin::biggrin:;)

I am finishing 2 right trannies right now both cars well capable of mid 9s or better and both with 2004rs.
The 2-3 shift is not a problem at this level if done correctly.Although as a disclaimer we will see if they make a season
of abuse.
OTTO I know your the MAN when it comes to tranny and everything else;)
not just on buick ..it doesnt mather what itis!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: when my son tranny goes byby guest who doing it..:biggrin::biggrin: