Why do diamonds have to cost so much???? Would she marry me if....

If you spend more than $3000 on a ring... I find you to be pretty dumb.

Call me dumb then lol. No prices, but I bought a 1.92 carat rock for my wife. That doesn't include any of the side stones either. Just the rock itself. Trust me, it was very painful. I looked at it like this....If I buy her the big rock now, I will not have to buy another for say the 10 year or 25 year anniversary. Buy once and once only. Lots of my friends tell me that their spouses want a bigger ring and that after 10 years they deserve it. My wife knows that this is her one and only ring, also that anything larger would look too gaudy anyway. No matter what the girls or women say, they DO care about the size of the ring. If they say otherwise they are not being honest with you. Buy what you can afford, she will be happy.

Women need to realize their place.. If she does not approve the ring you give her, drop her like a hot potatoe. Men who spend $10,000+ on a ring are just suckers. Men need to pull up their boots and tell the women like it is. With your best pimp-daddy attitude, you lay the rules down for the woman. "B!tch, you ain't got to read the whole book to know what the story's about..

1QUIK6, I can tell you don't have much expereince with women. Keep that attitude up and the only ring you'll be buying is for "Fistina.":eek: I'm sure any girl woiuld consider themselves lucky to have such a prize as yourself.:rolleyes:

BA

1QUIK6, all the years of the jokes about Dan Quayle and you still spelled potato 'potatoe'? Come on, man!:D

SUCKERS!!!!!!!!

If you give into a womans demands now... wait till later... that 1.92K rock... that's ONLY the beginning...

Sometimes you have to tell the woman "NO". I know it's hard to with your tail between your legs, but sometimes you HAVE TO be the man...

And what do you get in return? a loving wife?! Did you NEED TO spend big $$$ to get that? (think about that) Raising your kids... LOTS of woman will do that for FREE! All you got was a setup for future expenses. Before you shell out that $$$, think with your HEAD and NOT your heart:rolleyes:

Originally posted by darb
Call me dumb then lol. No prices, but I bought a 1.92 carat rock for my wife. That doesn't include any of the side stones either. Just the rock itself. Trust me, it was very painful. I looked at it like this....If I buy her the big rock now, I will not have to buy another for say the 10 year or 25 year anniversary. Buy once and once only. Lots of my friends tell me that their spouses want a bigger ring and that after 10 years they deserve it. My wife knows that this is her one and only ring, also that anything larger would look too gaudy anyway. No matter what the girls or women say, they DO care about the size of the ring. If they say otherwise they are not being honest with you. Buy what you can afford, she will be happy.

That is why I figured I'd go with the "larger" of the 2 rings. She said that she would be ok with the smaller ring, but then I'd be in your place after a few years and some kids...so why spend money twice.

Now, I just hope I can land a job next year and stop working for free (haven't seen a paycheck for the last 3 years because of college)....which means the savings are depleted and the only thing left is a little stash of silver dollars and bars (investment as a teen).

Makes knowing what I can afford a challenge....because in a practical sense I can't afford anything...not even gas!!!! Luckily, the girl is smarter than me and is getting paid to go through college = no debt from her...just big ol' me.....which I would stress is ANOTHER reason she deserves this ring :D

A friend of mine sold his GN to pay for the ring. Now if that isn't a travesty, what is? Diamonds may be forever, but a GN is fast as hell...:D

Originally posted by MistaScott
A friend of mine sold his GN to pay for the ring. Now if that isn't a travesty, what is? Diamonds may be forever, but a GN is fast as hell...:D

I didn't agree with all the sucker comments, but sorry... SUCKER!!!!!

MY wife came with her own 1.5 carat ring:D
She wanted to use her grandmothers ring, i had to spend 400 on a nice ring to go with it.
Thats why i have GN1 ported heads and an 80MM turbo:)
Although that was 5 years ago

holly crap!

if or when i even feel crazy enough to do something like that i'm going to do it totally different. i'll go find a cool car that the girl would like, and put the key ring on her finger. if she likes it score one for me, if not then i guess shes not the one. there is no way i could see spending that kind of money on a little thing that goes on your finger and sparkles at you. what are women, barracudas? if they like sparkly stuff i'll get a polished key ring, and maybe some chrome engine parts:D maybe a matching set of snowmobiles would work too... I jsut have to find someone who would go for that, and never let her go.

i can say this now, i am NO WHERE close to being in your situation.

and whoever said they were getting married this weekend, congrats and good luck!

Thanks for this thread. It is a good reminder as to why I don't want to get married again. Dceptcn, you are a sick puppy, I love it. lol. When it comes down to it, a ring is a ring and the meaning behind it is what really counts. Nothing else really matters.

Originally posted by 1QWIK6
If you spend more than $3000 on a ring... I find you to be pretty dumb.

Women need to realize their place.. If she does not approve the ring you give her, drop her like a hot potatoe. Men who spend $10,000+ on a ring are just suckers. Men need to pull up their boots and tell the women like it is. With your best pimp-daddy attitude, you lay the rules down for the woman. "B!tch, you ain't got to read the whole book to know what the story's about.. Here
's your ring... take it or leave it." If you don't stand up now, your woman will be EXPECTING nice things her whole life. Next thing ya know.. the Regal's gone and she's got a new car.
:eek:

Do they really have GNs back in 1947, where you obviously live?

Think of it as an investment if your woman works. A 5k ring gets you another wage earner. I married a woman that makes twice what I do. Hell, I paid 1700 just for the ring - the diamond! Diamonds were at least 5-6k for the clarity I wanted. My wife has more than earned it back. :D Then again, if she ever leaves me she'll take half, but she makes more than I do so I'm not out much. Plus, I can sue for spousal support since she has me so accustom to my way of life. :D Seriously, you marry forever IMO and if anyone goes into it thinking otherwise then you're marring the wrong person.

how do you guys like this one? i found it in an antique store when my girl and i were on vacation together. the diamonds are pretty bad - I2 or something like that, and I think they still want a pretty penny. I think the 2 diamonds together (1 yellow, 1 regular) make 1.5 carat and it's like $5,000 total. what do ya think?

Attachments

• goodring.jpg
    goodring.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 58
Fvck that,if I ever get married again she's getting a friggin zip tie.Hell,I'll even bring the dykes to cut off the little pigtail,that's the kinda gentleman I am:D ;) .

But,I will give her the choice of white or black...:cool:

"with this ring,I thee wed..."

ZZZZIP!

*snip*

:cool:

Do they really have GNs back in 1947, where you obviously live?

I know it's hard to see me from the KITCHEN, but I'm the guy driving by in my clean/nice Turbo T waving and laughing at you.

Originally posted by GeneralB44
how do you guys like this one? i found it in an antique store when my girl and i were on vacation together. the diamonds are pretty bad - I2 or something like that, and I think they still want a pretty penny. I think the 2 diamonds together (1 yellow, 1 regular) make 1.5 carat and it's like $5,000 total. what do ya think?

I'm confused...did you buy this (your pic) or is it something your looking to buy?

If you bought for anything less than 5g and you don't want it...trade it in.

Personally, I'm not a fan of colored diamonds (reminds me of the movie "beautiful girls" where he purchased a champagne diamond)....and if you haven't seen that movie and have anything close to a relationship or your're thinking about one = MUST SEE.

...that thing looks huge though, I'll give you that.

Originally posted by Maltman
I'm confused...did you buy this (your pic) or is it something your looking to buy?

If you bought for anything less than 5g and you don't want it...trade it in.

Personally, I'm not a fan of colored diamonds (reminds me of the movie "beautiful girls" where he purchased a champagne diamond)....and if you haven't seen that movie and have anything close to a relationship or your're thinking about one = MUST SEE.

...that thing looks huge though, I'll give you that.

Didn't buy it yet, but I'm thinking about it. I should just go w/ the classic solitaire type thing, but my girl likes things that are different. She digs the antique stuff.

I'll definitely check out that movie - I think I've seen parts of it. I do remember that part where he bought her a brown diamond or something and his boys were raggin on him. hehe.

Check out bluenile.com ---I know you were indifferent about an internet site, as I was. I researched quite a bit and these guys come VERY highly recommended-----from multiple sites.
I wanted to buy my wife some IF or FL quality diamond earrings as she doesn't have any. No one around here (Atlanta) had what I wanted. I searched their site, found what I wanted and talked at great length to one of their reps on the phone. Bottom line----.82 total weight studs, 18k settings, IF quality, ideal cut, G color--- <$2500.00. Unconditional 30 day money back guarantee and free FedEx shipping. Extremely satisfied.