Witness a ricer lose control and wipe out after I laid the smack down on him

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyonsd

Ricers. :mad:

OK, there was was, minding my own business on my way home from Reynolds. I-85 N near Suwanee was backed up because of constructions. There were these two riced out Celicas with newcelica.org stickers, farts pipes, and oversized wings. Behind them was a red civic, not as riced out. But it had some kind of body kit and gave it a boxy look like a BMW.

At this point, the traffic was at a crawl. I was in the far right lane and the ricers were in the one to my immediate left. My lane on average was going faster, so I passed them. The passenger in one of the Celicas gave me a thumbs up and and took some pictures of my car.

So the traffic eventually clears up. I make it to "clear roads ahead" long before the ricers because I am a lot smarter than ricers and know how to pick faster lanes better than they do. Not that I was trying to "beat" them or anything, I was just trying to get through the mess.

So I'm cruising along and I-985 and figured that's that last I'd ever see of those ricers.

I've got the cruise set to 75 or so, and am passing another motorist. The red Civic is a speck in the rear-view and coming up fast. Before I get around the car, he is right on my ass. Well, that's a sure-fire way to piss me off to no end. So I hit the brakes. But we were already of the slow car and riceboy zips into the right lane and nails it. So I punched it too and gave him a taste of the Dark Side. When I got ahead, I moved over into the right lane in front of him.

Sure enough, he wants another smack down. He moves into the left lane to try to pass. There is traffic up ahead in my lane (the right). I punch it, pull ahead and cut his ass off. So he whips it into the right and then onto the shoulder!! And proceeds to hammer it past 3 cars in the right lane. I'm in the left lane going around these cars at a normal speed, and he's driving like a typical ricer on the shoulder.

That was it for me. I beat him twice at high speed roll-ons where his car is strongest and mine is weakest. I made my point. But Idon't know what in the hell was going through his head.

I get ahead of the cars and move into the right lane ahead of them. Riceboy comes hauling ass on by me on the shoulder. Up ahead there's more traffic. Both lanes are blocked. In the right lane, there is a SUV or truck. This dumb ass ricer is hauling ass and gets right on the vehicle's bumper ahead of him in the right lane. I thought he was going to rear-end the vehicle. But he whips it onto the shoulder once again.

But this time he went into a skid and slid into the grass. He tried to whip it back out onto the road and spun around, crossed the center line, and I'm on the brakes trying to make sure I don't hit him. I manage to get by him and he continues spinning and skidding into the median. What a dumb ass.

This was right before Exit 4 (Buford). I causually exit and fill up the tank. When I'm done, I go over the overpass to see if he was still there. Yep. And there were about 3 other vehicles stopped too, which he probably hit. And the two riced out Celicas were there too, stopped on the side of the road. I'm assuming they were travelling with him.

I'd have liked to have gotten out and told the idiot that I was sorry that he survived that wreck and hope that he has worse luck next time, and then kicked his ass. But I decided I'd get back on I-985 S, turn around and drive by real slow honking, pointing my finger and laughing at him. But by the time I got back, the cops were there. So I just drove by and did nothing.

Damn ricers are a menace to society. :mad:

ricer

hmm, thought u had a video or something....damn i have to be honest...I was excited !!

edit -> yes, that is too dangerous, keep it clean. i just like seeing videos i guess.

JC
LSM

Street racing is bad for everyone. You and the ricer should keep it on the track for everyone's safety.

Damn ricers are a menace to society.:mad:

You weren't actually contributing to the safety and well being of the society yourself.

Miguel

Dave what did u run at reynolds? sorry i missed talking to you!! I got the best time in the mustang on motor!! 11.97@114.7 all MOTOR baby!!! i was looking for that for a long time!!

man those turbo buicks were kicking azz!!

Stupid, sounds like both of you where out to draw blood.:rolleyes: don't let your egos kill somebody by brake checking and cutting people off. The cops should have hauled your punk ass to jail too and suspended/taken your license away, obviously your car is too powerful for you to use properly. Wishing someone dead and laughing at there misfortune is never cool. You give hotrodders a bad image with that attitude.

Originally posted by Chad Oliver
Stupid, sounds like both of you where out to draw blood.:rolleyes: don't let your egos kill somebody by brake checking and cutting people off. The cops should have hauled your punk ass to jail too and suspended/taken your license away, obviously your car is too powerful for you to use properly. Wishing someone dead and laughing at there misfortune is never cool. You give hotrodders a bad image with that attitude.

If you can't see the difference, there's no point in trying to explain it to you.

Originally posted by lyonsd

If you can't see the difference, there's no point in trying to explain it to you.

No offense but, the only difference was what kind of car you and he were driving. When someone gets hurt does it really matter the make of the car?

Just be careful out there.

Miguel

Originally posted by IBBAKAGEN

No offense but, the only difference was what kind of car you and he were driving. When someone gets hurt does it really matter the make of the car?

Nope. I didn't put any other person at danger. I was a risk to nobody.

He, on the other hand, is a different story. He first rode up on my ass. When the road was clear, I burnt him and then let off. Then I burnt him again and let off before I got to more traffic. Then he swerved onto the shoulder, ran up on somebody else's ass, swerved onto the shoulder again and lost it with a bunch of traffic (including me) not far behind. I slowed down and drove normally when there was other people around. I didn't change lanes and drive on the shoulder like a maniac. I spanked him in a safe and sane manner. He's the one who didn't know when to quit, not me.

So if you don't like it, then funk off.

My.... no need to get upset when people are just trying to tell you to be careful out there. Driving the way you 2 guys were can cause injury to yourselves and others who were not even part of this "race".

Obviously there were other cars around if as you said "he probably hit" these other cars.

Just be more careful before people get hurt. Maybe you don't care but. the people you or this guy hurt and their family members will.

So, curse me all you like.... I think this type of behavior is not good for the streets. Keep your "racing" on the track where it belongs.

Miguel

My.... no need to get upset when people are just trying to tell you to be careful out there.

You're not just telling me to "be careful". You're accusing me of being as reckless as that ricer.

Driving the way you 2 guys were can cause injury to yourselves and others who were not even part of this "race".

See? "Drive the way you 2 guys were". BZZZZZZT! Wrong answer. I was driving NOTHING like that maniac was. When there were other cars around, I slowed down.

Obviously there were other cars around if as you said "he probably hit" these other cars.

Yes, I was in a pack that he passed on the shoulder. I was going only as fast as that pack. The ricer had sped up to the next pack and almost rear-ended a truck or SUV. He lost it and the pack I was in had caught up as he was skidding all over the road.

Just be more careful before people get hurt. Maybe you don't care but. the people you or this guy hurt and their family members will.

Why are you telling ME to be careful? I was careful. Geeze...:rolleyes: Can't you freakin' read?

So, curse me all you like.... I think this type of behavior is not good for the streets. Keep your "racing" on the track where it belongs.

And you be careful of who you accuse of being reckless and unsafe. I was there. You wasn't.

street races go on all the time guys...if you do it in a safe manner with no-one around then you are only risking yourself and that is fine if you want to take the risks...

i know how some of these guys will drive...they think they are playing in a video game passing on shoulders and whatnot...that is just asking for a pole-sandwich...

sure keep it on the track is safer but what happened here was completely the ricers fault...if they would have just stopped being idiots and rolled over because they lost then that would have never happend...but i guess people can't take a loss and get angry and do stupid sh!t...

i am never afraid to lose to someone...there's always someone faster and i respect all fast cars no matter what make they are...real true car guys are getting harder to find these days...

I punch it, pull ahead and cut his ass off.

Oh, I am sorry, I must have misread.

i am never afraid to lose to someone...there's always someone faster and i respect all fast cars no matter what make they are...real true car guys are getting harder to find these days...

Yes Sir, I totally agree 100%. Sad but, true.

Miguel

Re: ricer

Originally posted by NOSjohnWE4
hmm, thought u had a video or something....damn i have to be honest...I was excited !!

edit -> yes, that is too dangerous, keep it clean. i just like seeing videos i guess.

JC
LSM

Sorry. That should have been, "Witnessed...".

He must've just got done watching The Fast and the Furious.

Oh, I am sorry, I must have misread.

And there were no cars around when that happened. After I got ahead, I slowed down because we were approaching another pack. That's when he swerved over to the right and got on the shoulder.

That was the last burst of speed I performed in the event. That's the point where he should have given up. But no. He had to "win" at any cost.

If you would have read my post carefully, you should have seen that I performed two roll-ons. And both were in open areas.

The first was after he rode right up on my ass and after we passed a lone car. I even slowed down after I put myself ahead of him. The second was in that same open stretch. He tried passing, I nailed it, got ahead, and slowed down for the next pack of cars ahead. That's when he riced out- rapidly changing lanes, speeding on the shoulder, riding people's bumpers...

Hey dude... Listen, I just think street racing isn't a good idea. You can preach to me all you like and I will STILL think it is not a good idea.

I am not trying to take away from your story or fame. I am actually glad that you were able to beat this "ricer" and his Civic. If not for this race, we may have never known this was possible.

I'm not the only one here that thinks it is unsafe, 3 posters have said the same. I am sure others choose just not to reply. The fact of the matter is that it is not a good idea. I am only going on because you keep replying to me. I have said my piece and you disagree, that is great.

Keep on doing it and I hope that luck stays on your side.

Miguel

I laugh when idiots say "be careful" or "drive carefully" as if we are going out driving like lunatics to purposely wreck our cars OR hurt other people. As someone previously states, if you dont like street racing or think its dangerous, then you are obviously in the wrong forum. :rolleyes:

It gets me how if lyonsd had done this and the ricer had not lost it no one would be preaching about how dangerous street racing is. None of you have stepped on it before when someone gets on your butt? I dont think he did anything different then what has been posted here 1000 times by other members

Though I dont agree with the laughing at him and the death wish thing.

The clown in the civic probably was pissed cause he was just trying to get ahead of ALL the cars, generally driving to fast. You may have just pissed him off more by denying two opportunities to pass. Road Rage.

I used to get really uptight with slow drivers on the highway, and I was driving a VW Beetle! I felt that it took so long for the car to get to 70, I got pissed when I was forced to slow down in the fast lane. Mind you I never did crap like pass on the median. etc.

Hey dude... Listen, I just think street racing isn't a good idea. You can preach to me all you like and I will STILL think it is not a good idea.

I am not trying to take away from your story or fame. I am actually glad that you were able to beat this "ricer" and his Civic. If not for this race, we may have never known this was possible.

I'm not the only one here that thinks it is unsafe, 3 posters have said the same. I am sure others choose just not to reply. The fact of the matter is that it is not a good idea. I am only going on because you keep replying to me. I have said my piece and you disagree, that is great.

Keep on doing it and I hope that luck stays on your side.

Miguel

:rolleyes: ....You ever street race before? Don't even answer that, because if you on here I am 99.99 percent sure you have. And that my friend makes you a Hypocrite.

I not going condone street racing, but this is a kill section, and most of the kills occur on the street, so you should say you piece about the kill not wether or not the race should have occured or speculate how dangerous the situation was or was not.

IMHO, the argument posed by lyonsd is a very valid arguement concerning street racing and the import scene in general. The kids driving these cars generally have no business in a car at all and have no regard for other peoples safety. I have seen this demostrated over and over again at the local shows in S.florida. Were as the typical GN or domestic ownere knows there is a time and a place for everything even if its illegal street racing.

Good Kill, Lyonsd..the hypocrites need to think before the speak, and basically anyone on a car forum critizing someone for a street racing is a hypocrite, because you all know you have done it one time or more.

Shoebox

Status
Not open for further replies.