Witness a ricer lose control and wipe out after I laid the smack down on him

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Miguel, you going to take on the whole BB now?? You are so fare in over your head its hilarious.

Your a joke, period. Go and preach about what your honda will do to someone who cares. I still wanna piece of your honda when you move down here:rolleyes: , just to prove a point.

Alex

Your going to hate that car after about 3 days down here if you don't have AC!!! The average temp down here is 75* and that is only because we have about 2 weeks where the temps get into the low 40s. Otherwise it would be around 85-90* average with the humidity around 100%.

IBBAKAGEN,
I don't care who you are or what you drive. You came on a domestic board and posted in the kill section that you don't think its right to street race. Well, guess what? We have heard your opinion. We understand you don't like street racing. Guess what? We don't agree with you. Are you going to keep posting here hoping that you will sway us into your line of thinking? You say that you are a smart guy. If that is true you will realize that not everyone is going to agree with you. Your opinion is not law. Just because you feel that street racing is wrong, doesn't mean we have to agree with you. As you can see, we think civics are for transportation. You don't agree, and keep arguing your point.

You like civics, we don't.
We like street racing, you dont.
You can't win both arguments.

lyonsd... you have already proved to me that you aren't too swift. I'm sorry but, I am not even going to take the time to read your unworthy post. I no longer have a use for you.

bsb... Take on the whole BB?? What in the world are you talking about? :rolleyes: You are THE ONLY person that has brought up taking on anyone!! Why? I dunno... maybe you need to flex your internet muscles. I think you people read things that aren't there. Maybe it's the rust poisoning.

UNGN... Maybe you are on a budget to achieve what you want out of your car. I am not. Why is it suddenly about money? I don't care about how much I spend SO WHY DO YOU CARE HOW MUCH I SPEND? What a joke.....

Handle like a wheelbarrow?? Dude, you really have NO idea what you are talking about. My car will ahndle withe the best! You obviously have no clue about suspension.... then again, why would you?

The rest... I will come on whatver BB I like and say whatever it is that is on my mind. PERIOD. I have done it and I will do it again, deal with it. Sorry if you can't handle hearing other opinions. I know I can handle anything you saps can dish out :D

This WHOLE thing has nothing more to do with STREET RACING WITH A CHILD and you just wanna turn it into.... Wanna race my big fast Buick? It is a TR it is unstoppable.

Sorry... street racing with a child is STILL STUPID.

BTW: I have 4 other cars WITH AC :)

Miguel

Man, these things turn into such pissing contests. I swear.

I can't honestly criticize lyonsd for his driving behavior as I've done much the same things in the same situations. Hitting the brakes when tailgated instead of moving over to the right to let the idiot pass was probably a bad idea. Racing to get ahead of him on the freeway is also a bad idea. It seemed that lyonsd was really out to prove something to the guy too as he was pissed off from getting tailgated.

All of these things I've done and felt on the road and continue to do. I wish I didn't overall though. It is one thing when you get an open road with another fellow in a performance car to have a friendly run or maybe at a stop light for a quick low speed run, but when you have this anger/contempt towards the other guy and are running those high speeds it can lead to bad things happening. I always cringe when I see people getting pissed off at these drivers and then racing them to teach them a lesson, mostly because I see myself doing that too at times.

I think in general that lyonsd is a bit overly defensive about the whole situation because deep down he knows that it really isn't worth getting pissed at these guys and messing around with them. Let them go on their stupid way basically is my call (although I probably only do this about half the time myself). That guy was such a bad driver that he could probably have rear ended you when you hit the brakes on him, or perhaps he might have changed lanes into your car during the various high speed runs. Why bother getting your car damaged to teach this punk a lesson?

Miguel, nobody cares how big your d1ck is. We don't care if your SAT scores were high, or if you dated the prom queen. I think that pretty much goes for the other guys egging him on as well. Oh and Miguel, try not to be so self righteous and maybe people won't be so defensive.

Don't drive angry guys. I know I try not to.

I'm defensive about it because some people keep attempting to place the responsibility for the actions of the ricer on me.

Or they are criticising me for doing something that they themselves have done before as well (which is basically street racing).

If somebody does that, then I will defend myself.

Nah, it's not your fault he is a poor driver, but you just don't seem to realize or at least want to admit that you could have been in his way at some point and been a victim of his stupidity instead of just a witness.

No matter how safe you viewed yourself, driving in that situation you were taking a chance that the other guy was safe enough that he wouldn't do something stupid to put you (and apparently your boy) in danger. As we've already noted you had no control over his actions and he was an exceptionally poor driver, which was fairly apparent right from the get go.

It sounds like you are as bad as I am when it comes to controlling your temper on the road. I'm not trying to nag or lecture you man, but I hope you keep it a little cooler. Remember the TB motto, fast with class. I'll try to keep it in mind too.

Originally posted by Data
Nah, it's not your fault he is a poor driver, but you just don't seem to realize or at least want to admit that you could have been in his way at some point and been a victim of his stupidity instead of just a witness.

I don't know where I gave that impression.

He got on my bumper. I didn't know I was around the car I was passing so I hit the brake lights to get him to back off. Had I known I was already around that car I would have moved into the right. He whipped it over into the right and punched it. That's when I figured he wanted to race. So I gave it to him. After all, it's not uncommon for somebody to insitgate a race by tailgating them (although I've never done it).

No matter how safe you viewed yourself, driving in that situation you were taking a chance that the other guy was safe enough that he wouldn't do something stupid to put you (and apparently your boy) in danger. As we've already noted you had no control over his actions and he was an exceptionally poor driver, which was fairly apparent right from the get go.

You take that same chance every time you get on the road. The SUV driver was just driving along minding his own business when he got clipped by the Red Ricer.

It sounds like you are as bad as I am when it comes to controlling your temper on the road. I'm not trying to nag or lecture you man, but I hope you keep it a little cooler. Remember the TB motto, fast with class. I'll try to keep it in mind too.

I got mad, yes, but it didn't cause me to do anything stupid or reckless. All I did was step on the gas, keep my car in a straight line, and accelerate until I got in front of the ricer.

To me, it was just another street race - nothing more, nothing less. I was done street racing after spanking the ricer twice. He continued on ahead of me and and lost it.

Some of you like to harp on the fact that I had my son. For those of you preaching who have ever street raced or even sped with a passenger you have no business judging me because you're just as bad.

Dave, thanks for listening, but I wasn't judging you, just making some observations and hopefully trying to give you a different perspective on the situation.

Have a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.