Wrx

Originally posted by I eat Z06
I agree with Viscious last paragraph. But add that on this board most of us already have some fast as shiiit V6's. So I dont need another car breaking 11's (especially with gas prices). With the set up of the STi in most street races you dont get the chance to hit 100 mph, so grabbing the lead from zero makes a big difference. Wanted to do this, but ran out of time. In MI Lapeer dragway closes the second week in December (around 30 deg), perfect for AWD turbo. :D Took the GN out in Nov. and couldn't hook up.:mad: Boost I didnt start picking on the SVT, HOT ROD mag did. I just stated points that compared Japans fastest stock car in the US on sale now (minus the NSX).

Nick

What is this guy talking about? You don't go over 100mph in a street race? :confused: Where do you street race? Oh ya I forgot you own an import.

haha good one boost1, you know i havent ran my gn on the street yet (i think people are affraid to) but when i had my 00 ram air it was more fun to get up to them really high speeds (been to 150mph before) but of course on straight clear highways

p.s. the best import i ever raced against was the piece of crap AWD talon with about a million dollars in it. he had it tuurbocharged and everything, he would take me off a light, but i would catch him and fly by him like he was parked, then we went to the highway...........it was a freaking joke, he never stood a chance funny that he would take me off the line, only to still lose but at real speeds he never had a chance.

Originally posted by 87grandnat
p.s. the best import i ever raced against was the piece of crap AWD talon with about a million dollars in it. he had it tuurbocharged and everything, he would take me off a light, but i would catch him and fly by him like he was parked, then we went to the highway...........it was a freaking joke, he never stood a chance funny that he would take me off the line, only to still lose but at real speeds he never had a chance.

Ignorance is bliss, isn't it? AWD Talons have a turbo stock, numbnuts, and a DSM with about a million dollars in it would walk all over your GN.

They are arguably the best bang-for-buck import out there and can hit 12s with less than $2000 invested. Pretty impressive for a 4-banger.

Boost 1: I own a GN too. It is pretty stupid also to do upwards of 100mph on the street. On a highway 100+ is no biggie. On a street with dumbass drivers that dont look before they pull out 100+ isnt worth it. Once I start pulling hard and the other guy has zero chance I cut it off. Never lost a street race in the GN. The only car my 03 WRX lost to on the street was my GN. Turned down too many cars with the STi (damn break in period). :mad:
SyHopeful: I agree with the gen. 1 DSM rock for 4 cyl. It has pretty much the same motor as the new Evo. My buddy has a 90 AWD turbo Talon, with 3" turbo back, no cat, intake. That car ran at the rear bumper of my 03 WRX, and his car was like $2500.

Nick

agreed. BUT would you call em an import? Since they were all built here in the US in Ill?? The only thing that is imported is the engine/trans.
Id call that a domestic! lol

Originally posted by SyHopeful
Ignorance is bliss, isn't it? AWD Talons have a turbo stock, numbnuts, and a DSM with about a million dollars in it would walk all over your GN.

They are arguably the best bang-for-buck import out there and can hit 12s with less than $2000 invested. Pretty impressive for a 4-banger.

well what i meant to say was that he had a larger turbo in there, and your right it was a fast car but, learn how to read, i wasnt in my gn, i was in a 00 ram air with a few mods and the race didnt turn out the way he expected, especially when we got on the highway at some real speeds.....i knew that the talon he had came turbo charged but i said that he had about a million dolllars in mods (obviously and exageration) i would think that you would be able to put two and two together and realize he probably had a turbo upgrade to....ignorance is bliss.

and i called that car a piece of crap because it looked like he paid about 2000 for it not beacuse i didnt like it.......i actually almost got one one time, they are fast cars for the money/

FlyinGN: It could be a Plymouth Lazer too. :p The importiant part was built in japan, for a japanese brand. Mitsu took most the credit for the DSM with Eagle (rest in pices) a little ways back, and Plym outta the pic. Kinda like how the jag X-type is a Ford contour underneath. The more well known brand got all the attention. So its import.

Nick

I was always under the impressions that all DSMs were assembled in Normal Illinios but the engines were shipped over from Japan. :confused:

Hey you guys don't want to get in the middle of this but just wanted to say that motor trend tested the new GTO at a 13.6 in the 1/4, Just what I read, thanks Brian

Boost 1: I own a GN too. It is pretty stupid also to do upwards of 100mph on the street. On a highway 100+ is no biggie. On a street with dumbass drivers that dont look before they pull out 100+ isnt worth it. Once I start pulling hard and the other guy has zero chance I cut it off. Never lost a street race in the GN. The only car my 03 WRX lost to on the street was my GN. Turned down too many cars with the STi (damn break in period). :mad:
SyHopeful: I agree with the gen. 1 DSM rock for 4 cyl. It has pretty much the same motor as the new Evo. My buddy has a 90 AWD turbo Talon, with 3" turbo back, no cat, intake. That car ran at the rear bumper of my 03 WRX, and his car was like $2500.

Nick

Well you need to say what you mean. I do not stop light race. That is a waist of time. Why would you beat the hell out of your car for no money? I was talking to my buddy last night with the STI ,and it will be funny to see you put all of this money in your car ,and get destroyed by a bolt on 03 Cobra.

acatually Nick, It was a joint venture between Mitsu and CHRYSLER> (designed in Calfornia)Hense the Diamond-star(mitsu 3 diamonds and the Chrysler Pentistar) name. If you wanna get down to brass tacks, the DSM(Laser, Talon & Eclipse) were about 75% domestic. In anyones book that Domestic:)
Put it this way.. A Chrysler minivan with a Mitsu 3.0 is as 'domestic' as a DSM was.. See my point. I could never understand WHY DSMs were considered by some as 'imports'

Anyway I was HEAVY into DSM's in the late 80's and early 90's. In fact I was one of the founders of the original MDSOG newsletter..
(Mitsubishi- diamond star owners group) we allowed in the Mitsu 3000's thats where the Mitsu part from..

anyway..

FlyinGN: It could be a Plymouth Lazer too. :p The importiant part was built in japan, for a japanese brand. Mitsu took most the credit for the DSM with Eagle (rest in pices) a little ways back, and Plym outta the pic. Kinda like how the jag X-type is a Ford contour underneath. The more well known brand got all the attention. So its import.

Nick

Originally posted by FlyinGN
acatually Nick, It was a joint venture between Mitsu and CHRYSLER> (designed in Calfornia)Hense the Diamond-star(mitsu 3 diamonds and the Chrysler Pentistar) name. If you wanna get down to brass tacks, the DSM(Laser, Talon & Eclipse) were about 75% domestic. In anyones book that Domestic:)
Put it this way.. A Chrysler minivan with a Mitsu 3.0 is as 'domestic' as a DSM was.. See my point. I could never understand WHY DSMs were considered by some as 'imports'

Anyway I was HEAVY into DSM's in the late 80's and early 90's. In fact I was one of the founders of the original MDSOG newsletter..
(Mitsubishi- diamond star owners group) we allowed in the Mitsu 3000's thats where the Mitsu part from..

anyway..

I had a '92 AWD TSI, fun car! 14.2 bone stock.

Frank ever heard of the FrankG turbo AKA frankinstien!

Sorry for bad info, I love DSM. Around here we stoplight race, I dont generally go on the highway to look for a race. :p Raced an Evo yesterday in the STi and whooped the shat out of him. Buick still in storage.

Nick

Sorry for bad info, I love DSM. Around here we stoplight race, I dont generally go on the highway to look for a race. :p Raced an Evo yesterday in the STi and whooped the shat out of him. Buick still in storage.

Nick

Whooped the shat out of a Evo? Right :rolleyes:

had a buddy in the passenger seat to back me up. The guy in the EVO was bein tuff with his moon roof down in 15 deg weather. He wouldnt look at me at the next light. Hate when people are too proud to have courtesy.

Nick