YOU pick MY turbo.

Crank up the boost at the track, turn down the boost and turn on the AC and cruise for the street.

I skip the turn down the boost on the street. If my engine is making 800hp on the strip its making it on the street too. If you have a 9 sec TR at the strip and turn the boost down on the street you dont have much. There are a lot of cars making 9 sec power on the street these days. Back in the mid to early 90's they were uncommon and could be spotted a mile away. Now you never know what you are going to get. Im not going to get caught with my pants down and use the excuse i had it turned down. Kind of reminds me when you hear someone say their car ran xx.xx and they say it was ONLY at xx boost. I always say if it was ONLY at xx boost then why didnt you crank it up? The real reason is because they know they have a high potential of hurting it and dont have the balls to run it out.

v6underpressure,with a 3200 nonlocker and a stock cam and a goal of 11.50 i don't think you should go anything bigger than 61mm.lots of turbo's will support your goal if money is an issue you don't need the latest and the greatest.

The real reason is because they know they have a high potential of hurting it and dont have the balls to run it out.

I'm gonna have to say the REAL reason is more likely because they have more sense than to try to get a 9 sec car to hook on an unprep'd street. I'd say it's "they have the BRAINS NOT to run it out".. Unless you feel the need to really test that roll cage... :rolleyes:

built EVO with AWD aginst a 2wd regal on street tires come on man ...

Hey, I was the one who was called out, not the one calling out. Not the AWD argument???:biggrin: You have two more cylinders.:cool: Its not my fault GN's arent AWD. If the 10 second GN needs slicks to get into the 10's, its not a 10 second street car.:D

I always thought a Drag Radial was a street tire?:eek: I am glad I will never have to worry about a 9 second street car :D By the way what color is this Evo?

I'm gonna have to say the REAL reason is more likely because they have more sense than to try to get a 9 sec car to hook on an unprep'd street. I'd say it's "they have the BRAINS NOT to run it out".. Unless you feel the need to really test that roll cage... :rolleyes:
That's sounds like another excuse from someone who's a little afraid of that much power and.... "Feels they may need to test that roll cage out" meaning..... "I'm too scared to drive it that fast on the street" NOT "They have the BRAINS NOT to run it out on the street"....:rolleyes: That's the "REAL" reason.

That's sounds like another excuse from someone who's a little afraid of that much power and.... "Feels they may need to test that roll cage out" meaning..... "I'm too scared to drive it that fast on the street" NOT "They have the BRAINS NOT to run it out on the street"....:rolleyes: That's the "REAL" reason.

I'm not having this argument.... applying 700+ HP to random streets/highways designed for conventional speeds is just dumb. Let me drive this 9 sec machine at the track and no problem. At the track, we're risking only ourselves... On the street, you're endangering my/your/everyone else's wife and kids...

There's a difference between being "afraid" of the power vs. "respecting" the power.

Going back to the theory of driving fast car on the street...... I can only talk from my personal experience but I have no problem turning the boost down on the street. At 8lbs of boost, my car gets sideways at anything under 50mph. I have yet to lose a light to light race on 8lbs. Thats fast enough for me until it goes to the track. I have a child to think about. I do give these guys a thumbs up that dont mind running that fast on the street becuase it's cool but....please stay away from my family!

Going back to the theory of driving fast car on the street...... I can only talk from my personal experience but I have no problem turning the boost down on the street. At 8lbs of boost, my car gets sideways at anything under 50mph. I have yet to lose a light to light race on 8lbs. Thats fast enough for me until it goes to the track. I have a child to think about. I do give these guys a thumbs up that dont mind running that fast on the street becuase it's cool but....please stay away from my family!
I wouldnt be too worried about being hit by a serious street racer in day to day driving. These types of races are typically run on Sunday morning between 1am and 4am. There is virtually no traffic. Your at greater risk on the stoplight to stoplight racing. You will be encountering distracted drivers,drunks, and oncoming traffic . At 26psi on good pavement my car will pull over .8 g's at 70 mph without ballasting.

I wouldnt be too worried about being hit by a serious street racer in day to day driving. These types of races are typically run on Sunday morning between 1am and 4am. There is virtually no traffic. Your at greater risk on the stoplight to stoplight racing. You will be encountering distracted drivers,drunks, and oncoming traffic . At 26psi on good pavement my car will pull over .8 g's at 70 mph without ballasting.

Nice! Yeah we dont really have those type of events around my area. I do have a few buddies in the bigger cities that do this quite frequently in the summer months. I still cant believe these guys dont get busted more than they do.

I always thought a Drag Radial was a street tire?:eek: I am glad I will never have to worry about a 9 second street car :D By the way what color is this Evo?

It is a street tire, but its safe to say that an EVO can beat a GN on regular radials, and the GN on slicks can beat an EVO on slicks. Depending on the car. Im sure J can kill me with slicks, but I am pretty confident with my hole shot that he will spin em and not have time to catch up on radials. :biggrin:

GN guys never asked for lengths from the stangs and camaros because they have extra cylinders did they? People overestimate the importance of power and underestimate the importance of traction.

Would like to hear your opinions. TAX time is coming.:biggrin: And I need to select a turbo for my needs. First off, let me explain my purpose. I have an 87GN that I am going pro-touring with. I have a combination of handling but also want a mix with straight line performance. The car will be run with Nitto Drag Radials all of the time. I would like my car to be consistently around 11.5 or slightly quicker on these radials. I will only hit the track maybe once or twice a year, so I truly do not want to sacrifice too much spool for top end. I want something fun to drive on the street. Now, onto my combo. I know some of these variables will not matter, but I will provide as much info as I can. My car is as follows:

Stock rebuilt block with ARP Headstuds, Stock Cam, Stock Heads, Stock Ported Intake Manifold, Precision 70mm plenum & Accufab Throttle Body w/RJC Power Plate, Precision Front Mount, TA Performance Headers, RJC 3" Downpipe & Crossflow Exhaust, RJC Pulley Set, ATI 3200 N/L converter, FAST XFI, will be running E85.

Any other helpful info, let me know.

On a side note, could someone tell me what performance difference I would see between an S cover and an E cover?

Lastly, I will probably have a 70mm Turbonetics ball bearing turbo with GTQ .85 exhaust housing in my hands shortly but I think this is way too big for my setup.

I have a similar set up and Mike Licht recommended a 6157 journal bearing. So that is what I have. Don't have track times yet. I think I paid around $500-$600 for it. Boy, did this thread ever get off topic!

So after all that, what turbo did you finally end up goin with?

I am going with one of two turbos, GT6152S or new Billet 6265S. .63 exhaust housing of course. Since I can get the Billet for about 50 bucks more, it looks like I am leaning towards that one.