009's & alky on stock motor?

tford

Registered Member
Do you guys think I'll have to increase the fueling through the chip? Haven't made it to the track yet, but it seems like spool up is a little slow, so I should increase timing in the chip for 1st & 2nd(turbotweak), right? O2's on narrow band say 795. Also, does anyone know what my egt should read with sensor in the downpipe near the turbo? I need to get directscan next to really tune it in. I'm very new to tuning with the chip so I want to make sure I understand everything before tinkering. I was thinking about lowering boost a little and increasing timing until spool up is better. Right now boost is at 22. Haven't touched the chip settings until track day. Gain knob is at 7 on controller. I really won't know where I'm at until the first run. Anyone with tuning experience going to Cecil Co. dragway soon?

My daily driver is 009s with alky. Works fine. We need more specifics. What kind of chip do you have from Tweak? Street or Alky?

Man I need some glasses :eek:

I never have run the EGT in the downpipe. We all typically ran them pre-turbo. Preturbo they show 1550-1650 at WOT. After turbo.. guess it depends on distance from turbo for reading.

795 on a narrowband is fine. If the motor doesnt knock, leave it alone. If your going to tweak it, do it at the track and watch your knock/MPH on the slip.