You can type here any text you want

02 WS6 "Sorry didn't mean to embarass you."

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Originally posted by Bob Cosby
I'm not trying to be arguementative here,

Yes you are

There's always a but with you:rolleyes: Apparently you enjoy coming here every once in awhile to see how tactifully you can be argumentative or belittle our cars, under the guise that you are really our pal. Its obvious. Seems like we always need a "reality check" according to you. Maybe you need one. But I'm not trying to be argumentative here. Too bad you wont be taking Alex up on the previously agreed on race. We were looking forward to that. Have a nice day and enjoy your car:)

Ok. I am trying to be arguementative. You got me. Further, next time I need someone in Florida or Mississippi to read my mind for me, I'll call you.

And I'm not trying to "belittle" your cars - as much as you might wish I were. The only reason I didn't buy one (back when they were new on dealer lots) was that at the time, I could not afford it.

But I'll keep in mind you think you know why I'm here, and will try and drop by a little more often, just so you can tell me what I am and am not doing. K? Cool. :)

You have a nice evening. Tell your buddy Alex I said hi. :D

Ok. I am trying to be arguementative. You got me

Oh.. and all I was saying is, don't piss on my leg and tell me its raining. Not trying to read your mind, just my observation. Others can take it or leave it as they see fit:) Take care and happy new year everybody. Even you Bob:p

Mark Lee

Tell your buddy Alex I said hi. :D

Hi Bob.;) I posted earlier in the thread and agreed with you, it must've been the champagne from the new years that hadn't worn off.;) J/K. Sounds like you got the cobra running good, but where do you continue to pick up the mysterious HSP on this car?? You can only tune and pull so much weight out of it.

Pure curiousity, no flames here.

As for my opinion on the topic @ hand. Refer to above post and let me add that a properly modded LS1 is nothing to play with. I have a friend with bolt-ons and juice owning everybody almost every weekend out with his ride. He has an A4-2.73 gear, nittos, full exhaust(complete with long tubes), lid, and two stages of nitrous adding up to about 200 shot. Car probably traps 120++ for sure.:eek:

Striker-29-whats up man, how was your holiday??

Posturing and Bluster....

This Car and Driver Report carries a lot of weight with me....http://www.hi-psi.com/movies.htm Select Movie #1....watch it and weep ;)

I haven't found one of those respectably fast cars you guys are talking about that will take the bait here in my hometown....wonder why that is?

Of course I hardly ever take it out, it has very bad manners, and, believe me, its an animal. I'm replacing some "stock" parts this winter. The "stock" MSD 50's are on the way, the "stock" powerplate is here, the "stock" Ta-49 is at the rebuilders, and, I hear they have made a "stock" T+ and Extender I'll be using....;)

I expect that to take it under 13 in "stock" form....:p

Just giving you a hard time, I feel good today :)

What mysterious HP? With mods listed, it dyno'd @ 312 RWHP. Nothing mysterious about. Raceweight is ~3225 lbs.

I ran 11.85 on DR's @ 3325 lbs, and 11.67 on slicks, 100 lbs lighter. I'm actually a bit disappointed with the .67, as the 60 ft was only a 1.60 - I think there is a lot to be gained there.

With my planned mods, I hope to pick up 15-20 RWHP and lose 50-75 lbs (before being forced to put a bar in the car). I'll also finally ditch the stock shocks/struts and springs and see if i can make the thing launch better than this.

What mysterious HP? With mods listed, it dyno'd @ 312 RWHP. Nothing mysterious about. Raceweight is ~3225 lbs.

I ran 11.85 on DR's @ 3325 lbs, and 11.67 on slicks, 100 lbs lighter. I'm actually a bit disappointed with the .67, as the 60 ft was only a 1.60 - I think there is a lot to be gained there.

With my planned mods, I hope to pick up 15-20 RWHP and lose 50-75 lbs (before being forced to put a bar in the car). I'll also finally ditch the stock shocks/struts and springs and see if i can make the thing launch better than this.

Sounds good Bob. Good luck with it. Even though you can't make it this time around for our little grudge run, the offer still stands whenever your in the area. :D

-Alex

Bob
I think the the "Reality check" comment is the one that did it. 'Reality check' should be reserved for Honda owners thinking they are going to burn a LS-1... This comment isn't appropriate for a Turbo T/A or TR when comparing to a SS or WS-6. In "reality".... a little over $800 in mods and some race gas...and I'm in Viperland=== Reality bits doesn't it...:)

Originally posted by blackshoebox
Striker-29-whats up man, how was your holiday??

Whats up shoebox. Holiday was real good, hope yours went well. Gonna look you guys up next time I'm down in Fl. Take care guys.

striker

Originally posted by 1badTTA
OK, I don't think it would be possible to get a bone stock TTA into the 12's if you consider bone stock being stock tires also. The factory Gatorbacks are only good for about a 2.3 60' which would make it Very difficult. I guess it all depends on what you call stock, I would call mine stock, and it has gone 12's, but not like it is on the street with crap for gas.

Well I have video to prove it can be done by not 1 TTA but 2 different cars. I dont have it in digital form but I will work on getting it to post. the fastest of the 2 went 12.70's@110 on ther FACTORY ISSUED gatorbacks, also this was a NMCA event in 1990 and he was racing FACTORY STOCK turbo class only mod was a K&N.

SHRPTTA...That's fast.

As an FYI, I went 12.02 in the NMRA Factory Stock class. I understand class racing. :)

Back