You can type here any text you want

03 vette, Done in by 87GN

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1chance

Well me and this guys kids are near the same age. Anyway he has alot of races under his belt, and his kids call him king of the streets. Well a friend of mine who has a 03 mustang GT, and a 05 Titan 5.7 said he wanted to try my GN. So at the sunday hot spot he pulls up in his Titain, and says he want to run his titian, i say you need to go get the GT. He says the titain can take me. We line up and my car kills him, but i dont get in it hard, because i had a knock issue, and was only getting 15lb of boost. Anyway king of the street is watching the race, and says he will drag me with his vett, i tell him my cars not right, but his kids start talking alot of trash. My best friend say you can take him with 15lbs. We line up,i build to 2lbs of vac! his car has trac controll, he jump the line three, or four times trying to get the lead, so i said im going to let him jump, and follow him out. He jump out a car, i nail it, his car didnt spin a bit, i hear him shift into second, and his car barks, im at his door pulling slowly, then i hear his car hit the rev limit, and i get a fender ahead. I hold that fender to the end, he gets out of it, and says he won. I say how everyones standing on the finish line saw you lose, he said he thought the finish line was farther back. I took my cash a left.

nice kill , i'd say mustangs, vette's are gm ( at least ) all i get here are lambo's :)

Well a friend of mine who has a 03 mustang GT, and a 05 Titan 5.7 said he wanted to try my GN. So at the sunday hot spot he pulls up in his Titain, and says he want to run his titian, i say you need to go get the GT. He says the titain can take me......

I took my cash *and left.

1st off, what does that tell you about Mustang owners when they're more confident about their Japanese pick-up truck than thier Mustang?? :rolleyes:

2nd, you would've killed the Mustang too..

3rd, you should've gotten more money from him for being a stupid, ignorant putz and after you collected it, you should've punched him in the face for being a complete tool.. :biggrin:

For the record: Vette>Mustang. All day long. It's much more of an accomplishment beating a 'Vette than a Mustang, Trust me. Only difference is, 'Vettes are a lot cooler ;)

1st off, what does that tell you about Mustang owners when they're more confident about their Japanese pick-up truck than thier Mustang?? :rolleyes:

2nd, you would've killed the Mustang too..

3rd, you should've gotten more money from him for being a stupid, ignorant putz and after you collected it, you should've punched him in the face for being a complete tool.. :biggrin:

For the record: Vette>Mustang. All day long. It's much more of an accomplishment beating a 'Vette than a Mustang, Trust me. Only difference is, 'Vettes are a lot cooler ;)

I've said it before and I'll say it again and again... Vettes are simply not straight line cars like Mustangs are. A huge majority of "built" Mustangs would destroy "built" Vettes in a drag race yet on a road course even a fully prepped Mustang will have problems keeping up with a 100% stock C5 Z06... forget about the C6Z. They are certainly capable, with stock C5 Z06s capable of being in the 11s with a good driver, but it is nowhere near their designed purpose and is just a by-product of an overall performance car.

I'm a Vette owner (2002 Z06) and hopefully a soon to be GN owner. When people start talking trash to me in the Z06 which happens a lot I simply tell them that I would love to race them at our local road course and see what happens. Funny, nobody has ever taken me up on that.

Keep on killing, but remember that in a straight line a Vette is most likely way out of it's comfort zone, unlike the Mustang.

I've said it before and I'll say it again and again... Vettes are simply not straight line cars like Mustangs are...

I agree 100%. But if I were to brag, I would rather say I beat a Corvette than a Mustang in a drag race. I've beat Mustangs in my GTP for Christ's sake..

Back