1/4 mile times list

Fastest cars were a Ferrari and a Porsche. 11.3 & 11.9? 12's had all exotics (a Jaguar 15 cylinder??) plus a ZR-1.

I've been using that site for a while, it's a good link! I have found that almost ANYBODY who's into a certain car can argue the data, but it's a good overall list for a little bench racing.

if i remember right 85GN:200hp/300torq
86GN:235hp/335torq

hp/torq difference is 35hp/35torq(if my #'s are right)
1/4 mile ET difference is 1.8 secs

were the IC'd TR's under-rated that much? or does an intercooler among other things, make you almost two seconds faster?

89 turbo trans am 14.2 :rolleyes: no way
91 formula :rolleyes: 14.8 no way

I have both cars ,there is no way those numbers are correct, The tta is much quicker than the formula..

They must of had a driver that has never driven a turbo car before :D 14. 2 is horrible:eek:

14.2!!!! I just stopped looking and threw up the BIG BS flag when I saw that for the TTA. Especially when it lists 3 other firebirds with faster times, yet MULTIPLE magazines and car reviews say it is still the fastest firebird ever produced (including the recent car & driver test of the last trans am produced)... They put out something like 3.6 sec. 0-60 as well in the show.

And to see Honda's supposedly beating mustangs (gotta use some other slow car to compare to the honda) is just ludicrus!!! I think this guy needs to reverify whatever sources he has because he's not even in the playing field.

Derrick

Originally posted by John Larkin
Fastest cars were a Ferrari and a Porsche. 11.3 & 11.9? 12's had all exotics (a Jaguar 15 cylinder??) plus a ZR-1.

The 11.3 Ferrari was a 333 sp. That is an open cockpit sports prototype race car (the ones with the big square roll bar that race at the 24 hours at daytona). Not a street car in the least. The 11.8 F40 is more of a road car, but no where near as civilized as a corvette or Viper.

The XJR-15 Jag was a Race car for the road that had it's own racing series. I'm pretty sure they were built outside jag by TWR and cost somewhere near 1 million dollars to get into. They were over shadowed by the XK220 which were actually built by Jaguar and were a real road car and not a race car, you could drive on the street (and supposedly could go 220 mph, though no one even has in a stock one)

The 450 hp Vipers check in at 12.2, 12.2 for 97 and 98 GT's and 12.3 for an R/T10.

Originally posted by BlackBuick84
if i remember right 85GN:200hp/300torq
86GN:235hp/335torq

hp/torq difference is 35hp/35torq(if my #'s are right)
1/4 mile ET difference is 1.8 secs

were the IC'd TR's under-rated that much? or does an intercooler among other things, make you almost two seconds faster?

87 GN = 245hp/355 torque
87 GNX = 276hp/360 torque (BS by the way) more like 300+hp and 400 torque

yeah the intercooler makes a huge difference but you gotta remember that the 84 and 85 engine was not the same as the 86 and 87 engine...both are completely different...things were changed all over the place on the LC2 motor...the intercooler is what topped it off...they didn't even list the 87 grand national or the GNX...what a moron:rolleyes:

86-87 GN - 0-60 = 4.9, 1/4 = 13.8
87 GNX - 0-60 = 4.5, 1/4 = 13.3

and he didn't even list HALF the old muscle cars...just a bunch of GARBAGE econo cars that nobody even cares about!

I think finding good information about the muscle cars is difficult. The numbers published around the time the cars came out would differ from times that would be produced by a street driven muscle car which had routine maintenance done (including updating the tires). I think he has pulled the times from a variety of sources, mostly magazines, I presume. Some of the cars are underrated others are grossly overrated. For many of the cars listed he lacks info on the top-of-the line model or the most recent model. While the list is incomplete it is nice to have all that info in one place.

Just about every magazine in the 60's and 70's used a different method to test, and they did not have accelerometers or laser timers or radars or GPS.

Quater-mile times can be very subjective.

i.e.
driver
weather
track
which car they drove

We all know that not every car of a particular model will perform the same way.

Look at some of the LS1s coming off the assembly line. Some dyno at 290 while other dyno well over 300...

You guys dont seem to notice that there are 100's of sites listed exactly like this...If you wanna find times for cars, jus tgo to google and type:

"car name here" 0-60

This will usually give you the car your looking for w/ all secs forit. 1/4 time, horsepower, etc.

A site that will take up some of oyur time if your bored s well, www.supercars.net or try www.fantasycars.com/derek

I think most of us know that there are toms of sites out there like this.

Mike just posted this for our enjoyment. We are just discussing this particular site and it's content. :)

BTW, thanks for the links. I am sure somebody here hasn't been to those sites adn could find them useful. i especially like supercars.net :)

About the old muscle cars! Do not forget that back in the 60's and 70's. The muscle cars had 185-195 tires!!!! And lets say the tires back then were not as good as what the tires are in the 2000! ;)

Having 400hp is not that good if you are rolling on cheap ass 195 tires!