10.24 at 132 mph

toomanymodz

It definitely was not great weather for racing with a passing shower and 92 degree temps, not to mention a 10 to 15 mph headwind. But we drove the Buick 2+ hours to the strip anyways to see what this dog can do. This was the first time to a prepped track with this combo.

Leaving off the foot brake, the car managed some impressive 60 foot times. I have the Bailey's 2-step set to 3200 rpm, which seems to be about right. The suspension just starts to load then I let off the brake pedal and off we went. The 1.47 sixty foot surprised me a bit. It pulled really good.

I found that the car did better shifting a bit early, since the boost seems to start falling after around 5800 rpm. The turbo is a bit small for this combo. I have the internal wastegate set to 22psi and the timing set to 21.5 degrees. I run straight 93 octane with a can of Boostane octane booster. No alky.

With better weather and maybe 23 or 24 psi boost, this is a 9.90 car for sure. It was a lot of fun. Afterward I had a hamburger and a Dr Pepper and we drove the Buick the long 108 miles back home. With the A/C blasting and cruise control set, it wasn't such a bad trip. Still had gas left in the tank too. I love this Buick.

You tube:
video

timeslip10sec.jpg

Most of the combo is in the sig.
The block is a T/A aluminum block and the heads are aluminum 14 bolt Champion with T&D rockers, a mild solid roller cam and a Champion intake.
T/A headers with a 3-bolt flange. I'd go 4 bolt if I had to do it again. Stock computer with a power logger plug-in board.
80 lb injectors, which stay in the low 80 percent duty. I keep the AFR set to 11.2
Eaton posi with 30 spline axles. Mickey Thompson 295/55 drag radials. Weld wheels.

And after that 10.24 pass, I was very satisfied with it except for the fact that the MPH clock malfunctioned and read only 29.04 MPH. This gave a reason to go again. Two back-to-back 10.20's was very satisfying.

279 cid. Precision has a new 6875 that would be very potent with this combo. Easy mid 9's with that thing.

I'd estimate about 650 rwhp on a modest 22psi boost. No issues at all with the solid roller. It can hit the 6500 rpm rev limiter and still have no issues with float. My old combo had a hyd roller with pac 1201 springs and would float at 5900. I prefer the solid roller.

279 cid, that's gettin' it! I'm at about 253 inches, and can only run 14-15 psi on pure pump 93 on race ported alum heads and roller cam, but feels like a high 10 sec car with the SLIC, I probably have to switch to a good FMIC to go any higher boost levels without alky or race gas.

A TA block and running 10s? You could have done that with a built 109. I do really hope you can at least hit a mid-low 9 with the kinda of cash that I’m sure is in your motor. Turn up the boost and let her eat . Are you running slicks or drag radials?

A TA block and running 10s? You could have done that with a built 109. I do really hope you can at least hit a mid-low 9 with the kinda of cash that I’m sure is in your motor. Turn up the boost and let her eat . Are you running slicks or drag radials?
Drag radials. I've been too busy with work and other things to do much with it. The 6466 turbo is too small for this large engine, so I plan on upgrading to a 6870.

Throw alky on it and turn up the boost first!

Drag radials. I've been too busy with work and other things to do much with it. The 6466 turbo is too small for this large engine, so I plan on upgrading to a 6870.
I've heard that turbo has back pressure issues on a healthy v6. Octane is going to be what holds you back anyways. I'd go with a 7675 on that engine.