10.79@127.69 93/alky 23psi

kidglok

Balls Deep
dual nozzle m10 and m15 @125psi. A/F targets were 10.2-10.3. im sure theres more in her, i picked up 26 out back and a/f dipped into the 9's on spoolup off the transbrake. 20* verified timing, fast xfi. Boost was 22 for most of 1st gear, barely touched 24 thru the traps. Weighed in at 3700#

1.53 60'
6.93 101.30 1/8
10.790 127.69 1/4

IMG_3068.jpg

Nice - Do you have a built short block? It's nice to see a smaller cam and irons can tear it up.

Congrats! Very nice run. Be in BG with that beast?

thanks mateo, i dunno about BG thats 840 miles from here lol i would love to tho

Nice!

Have the log file?

thanks rick, i'll get it off my laptop and post it up

Nice - Do you have a built short block? It's nice to see a smaller cam and irons can tear it up.

block is a .020 109, 2 center mains, china forged crank, scat forged rods (prob china also) and JE pistons, cam is a comp cams off the shelf 212/212 roller

FFT Potential damage can occur when iat's drop too low with pre throttle body alky injection. It's incredible how much your charge temp drops. Thats a killer bro, be careful. Specially with afr correction. I would bring down alky gph.

RL

IAT ...heres a screen shot of mine from same night, same track
dual nozzle (m10-m15)
temp sensor in plenum above #1 port
the down sweeping red line is temp
at data display line show 68.2 , at roll to line they were 114.6
track air temp was about 58

ive run as cool as 40 inlet
temps.jpg
temps

that screen shot pass was...
rt .067
60' 1.557
330' 4.214
1/8 6.482
mph 108.13
1000' 8.450
1/4 10.127
mph 134.27

FFT Potential damage can occur when iat's drop too low with pre throttle body alky injection. It's incredible how much your charge temp drops. Thats a killer bro, be careful. Specially with afr correction. I would bring down alky gph.

RL

it basically dropped to ambient, thats too much? thats with a cottons front mount and iat in the plenum.

pauls inj dc is 15% higher, but he also ran a 10.1

The problem is distribution. The intake is not designed to and therefore cannot evenly distribute liquid fuel to each cylinder. The colder the ambient temp the worse off we are. Dual nozzle users @25gph will make the situation worse.
Now days I pay more attention to the intake temp.

A nozzle system that would port inject instead of the pre throttle body method we use now is the way to go. Then iat's would not matter. Each cylinder would still get quenched.

So many variables.

The problem is distribution. The intake is not designed to and therefore cannot evenly distribute liquid fuel to each cylinder. The colder the ambient temp the worse off we are. Dual nozzle users @25gph will make the situation worse.
Now days I pay more attention to the intake temp.

A nozzle system that would port inject instead of the pre throttle body method we use now is the way to go. Then iat's would not matter. Each cylinder would still get quenched.

So many variables.

I went to a single 15# halo misting nozzle in the up pipe about 4" before the TB. IAT sensor in before the nozzle. Works well for me.

I went to a single 15# halo misting nozzle in the up pipe about 4" before the TB. IAT sensor in before the nozzle. Works well for me.

Thats the way I been running for years with no problem. The dual nozzle users with a combined gph of 25 or more have more to worry about..

Thats the way I been running for years with no problem. The dual nozzle users with a combined gph of 25 or more have more to worry about..

Julio is pretty adamant that unless you're making lots of HP, stay with the single line and it's also much easier to tune.

Quik Six said:
Julio is pretty adamant that unless you're making lots of HP, stay with the single line and it's also much easier to tune.

Correct,

I run the initial knob at about 1 o'clock and the gain knob at 4, this gave me full pressure by the time the boost peaked, and held 125 steady. Paul and Murph both run with the gains a lot higher...it is also easier for me to do this as fueling is easily adjusted in the xfi to complement any curve I'd like to run

Correct,

I run the initial knob at about 1 o'clock and the gain knob at 4, this gave me full pressure by the time the boost peaked, and held 125 steady. Paul and Murph both run with the gains a lot higher...it is also easier for me to do this as fueling is easily adjusted in the xfi to complement any curve I'd like to run

I don't have the alky come on until 12#'s of boost and I have the gain knob set on 6. Another rule Julio gave me was to make 6 the lowest level for gain as lower settings tended to make the pump "lazy".

Looks like you should have a very fast car.

IAT ...heres a screen shot of mine from same night, same track
dual nozzle (m10-m15)
temp sensor in plenum above #1 port
the down sweeping red line is temp
at data display line show 68.2 , at roll to line they were 114.6
track air temp was about 58

ive run as cool as 40 inlet View attachment 172342 temps

that screen shot pass was...
rt .067
60' 1.557
330' 4.214
1/8 6.482
mph 108.13
1000' 8.450
1/4 10.127
mph 134.27

That's rockin out!

Looks like you iat's were upper 60's here.